Is Kerbal Space Program worth buying

crua9

This video will talk about if KSP is worth the buy. I list my biggest problems with the game at this time, and if you are OK with that. Then it could be a buy for you.

This video will talk about if KSP is worth the buy. I list my biggest problems with the game at this time, and if you are OK with that. Then it could be a buy for you.

Why are posting it here?

Ok, first problem I see is you are using mods, not the best way to start out a 'convince you to buy or not' video as it sets up the expectation that the mods are stock, even if you say they aren't in the video itself.

The problems I talk about are within the game itself. I stay away from saying how Mods can mess up other mods.

Anyways, the video is up now. I figure it was OK if I posted the video link while it was uploading.

Ok, OP. So you're basing whether or not the game is worth buying off of an incomplete beta? Seriously?

2008groundhumpingchampionship.gif

This picture has the same value as your video, for the purposes of judging the worth of this game. :P

Ok, first problem I see is you are using mods, not the best way to start out a 'convince you to buy or not' video as it sets up the expectation that the mods are stock, even if you say they aren't in the video itself.

I totally agree with that, if I were new to the game I would first try to play, learn and understand the stock game first before turning to the mods. I play KSP with lots of mods btw.

There is only ONE solid answer to the question 'Is Kerbal Space Program worth buying?'

Download and play the demo. Then decide for yourself!

That's pretty much what I said at the end.

Ok, OP. So you're basing whether or not the game is worth buying off of an incomplete beta? Seriously?

At this time, yes. If someone is going to buy it today, they need to know what it's like today.

That's why I showed the version, date, and said things can change. I hope that answer your question.

I wouldn't say mods are actually essential to the game. While I personally use mods a large number of players do not and accomplish some great things completely stock.

The game is developed on unity and will not be switched to a different engine, so any technical limitations with unity are here to stay.

I wouldn't say mods are actually essential to the game. While I personally use mods a large number of players do not and accomplish some great things completely stock.

The only mods that I think is a 100% must is Kethane, winch, mechjeb, and Extraplantary Launchpads. There area others, but these are a must for my gameplay.

Now for those of you who has a problem with what exactly I said. It is MY view point. Not OUR, YOUR, EVERYONE,etc. The person who asked the question asked ME. At the end I said something like try the demo because you're the only one who can really answer this question.

The fact is, when you ask for any type of review. The person reviewing it will be somewhat (if not all the way) bias.

The only mods that I think is a 100% must is Kethane, winch, mechjeb, and Extraplantary Launchpads.

Those aren't even 100% essential to me as I only have Kethane out of those. But I agree to disagree. It is your own viewpoint and I respect that, however I think that some are just concerned with some of the negative things that you said about the game that are going to be fixed eventually. You also said at people should try the demo.

It was interesting to see your views about the game as it is now, people do however need to come up with their own views and will enjoy it if they see past the current minor flaws, if they can't then they can always come back when the game is finished and see if they enjoy it then.

One thing I noticed is that you focused almost solely on the games limitations, you did not talk about or display any gameplay, the community or the fact that such a large game was(is) successfully produced by an indie company... Also basing your review on Mods of the game is inappropriate, if your goal really was to answer, " Is (stock) Kerbal Space Program worth buying ?" Also the game majorly lags at around 350-400+ parts if you can exploit all 4GB of RAM, not 100-200. BTW The FAR Mod can cause excess lag, but we are distinctly supposed to be talking about vanilla/stock KSP.

KSP is a great deal at $23 in today's market, as in comparison, EA, if was the producer of KSP (which they are not) would likely sell a game of this complexity at $40-$50, plus the price of DLCs

Speaking of DLCS, Squad says that it will be expansions NOT DLCs, difference being, an Expansion would greatly increase gameplay for example A new Solar system, with a galactic center, while a DLC is a mod of an already existing feature i.e. a decal of (per-say) a fuel tank.

In overall I say KSP (although having bugs) is an Extremely Amazing Simulation Game, and will most likely be the best of its kind for at least a decade and a half until inevitably there will be a better space sim.

For any concerns reply to: ME

Edited by TheTriniFlyer

I talked about the neg things because that's how I judge stuff. Personally I tend to look at what something is. Then I look at the bad things.

But, I am going to put out another video on what is KSP. (I forgot to say what KSP is. Like no one has really brought that up, and I think that's because we already know what it is. But, a new person wont.)

Anyways, I think the game is playable. I also think the game will go places. But, I don't think the game is what it's all hype up to be (by players). It was somewhat hard to find any info on the lag, 32b problem, and so on when I was first researching the game. I am just letting people know what they may experience so they don't think they are going to get a "gold" plate, when they are going to get a "lead" plate.

I am sure we can all relate to where a little bit of negative findings helped us know exactly what we were getting.

... I am sure we can all relate to where a little bit of negative findings helped us know exactly what we were getting.

I don't agree with many of your observations, however you do make some valid points concerning KSP's performance issues. I truly believe that the dev's need to make this nagging performance problem their highest priority. IMO continuing to build on an already overloaded core system does not bode well for KSP's future sales. I've seen it happen before, public opinion via forums can make or break a game.

P.S. This thread does not belong in "Live from Mission Control". It should be moved to something like "General Discussion".

Edited by Ming

I don't agree with many of your observations, however you do make some valid points concerning KSP's performance issues. I truly believe that the dev's need to make this nagging performance problem their highest priority. IMO continuing to build on an already overloaded core system does not bode well for KSP's future sales. I've seen it happen before, public opinion via forums can make or break a game.

P.S. This thread does not belong in "Live from Mission Control". It should be moved to something like "General Discussion".

It was in a general, but a mod or something moved it. I'm not crying about it because it's up to them.

The only mods that I think is a 100% must is Kethane, winch, mechjeb, and Extraplantary Launchpads. There area others, but these are a must for my gameplay.

Now for those of you who has a problem with what exactly I said. It is MY view point. Not OUR, YOUR, EVERYONE,etc. The person who asked the question asked ME. At the end I said something like try the demo because you're the only one who can really answer this question.

The fact is, when you ask for any type of review. The person reviewing it will be somewhat (if not all the way) bias.

Your dialogue needs more aggression.

Boo, paper tiger plays.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.