[Showcase] Replica Craft thread!

I get the feeling you prefer stock but I'd suggest you ditch the jet engines and add some firespitter props.

Yeah, figured there probably is no way around real prop engines... except there is! Found out I can get this thing of the ground on infiniglide :P

Installed Firespitter props anyways, also fixed the nose and wings a bit. Now it's ready!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also found out it can land on water and take of again, which is a little weird but ok...

Soyuz H (Home-Made) STOCK PARTS

I saw a Soyuz made from stock parts on this Forum, I've been playing with BobCat's Soyuz for fun, so I got a burning desire to make my own Soyuz replica. My first attempt (not pictured here) taught me a lot of lessons, the following morning I started over and produced this.

Dropping Boosters:

1R7IifT4x6yw_rxEbLC2Y9DQJmYU2q8KNdKQuvyyh8bC=w336-h189-p-no

Dropping Shroud:

kk6wNmXmJQmWv7vjw2o4gN08ajjn207n3q8SfVAAHcNU=w337-h189-p-no

screenshot503.png

screenshot336.png

Also like the Shenzhou, the orbital module is self sufficient and can be left in orbit:

W5Qb7u1-zGBeXKKN_yweZd7ple9SmYKjFX0FpcG7-_b2=w368-h207-p-no

All Images from this mission:

https://plus.google.com/photos/107877770903043236735/albums/5902172285663758145

Edited by monkeysee
Post too large

Ju-52 is correct. After the craft proved it could land on water, I decided to try and do that with style. The Firespitter floats were to small, so I made some out of structural panels (they did float the wheeled plane after all)

Unfortunately structural panel floats do not allow taking of from water because the engines are not powerful enough (landing is no problem as before). The Kerbal engineer has a solution for that though...

Wow! The F-15s are really cool! Also, the Boeing 727 is awesome (I grew up in WA state, where they have the Boeing Everett plant, so I am a big Boeing fan)!

bT, that JU 52 looks really cool!

monkeysee, nice Soyuz replica!

gmpd, I like the F-86 Sabre, as I like pretty much all odd looking planes.

ganymede, the F-4 Phantom looks cool, but is it as heavy as it really is in real life?

Flixxbeat, I haven't seen that sort of launch vehicle around much, so that is unique. I like it!

1612, nice Saab 35 (it's so little)!

Keep up the good work guys!

think you mean appears to high its in the same place but i was going for tiny so best i could do...

no novys are placed lower, look at the decel on the side of the fuselage yours is above the decal, his is below, as well as being canted down

Those WW2 Nazi's had some sickening philosophies but you can't deny they had some wicked airplane designs:

3bgp60a1.gif

Took the liberty of adding some extra intakes to fill the gap between the cockpit and the wings. As a bonus this allows the P.60A to reach roughly 40km.

It flies pretty good and of course I can get it to orbit.

screenshot58.png

screenshot62.png

Yes, the nose is different from the first image. This revised version has RCS and is able to dock, the first does not.

Edited by Tex_NL

Some of the aircraft I have been working on (KSP version 0.20). A10 thunderbolt, B1 Lancer, F16 Falcon, F18 Hornet, and the U2 Spyplane. Some differences compared to their realworld counterparts, namely they mostly utilize the F22s engine courtesy of the B9 pack. The reasoning was that even though it doesnt have the highest thrust, it accelerates down the runway much nicer. the A10 doesn't have much fuel nor does it have the GAU-8, so the CG is a tad back compared to reality and the gear has been moved accordingly. It also has an ejection system that almost always works. The B1 has 4 thrustvectoring engines, courtesy of the B9 mod. these make the plane a joy to fly even when fully loaded. the wing sweeping wasnt able to be incorporated. however, I was able to achieve a speed of 1100m/s speed at about 13km altitude. The F16 has more payload than the F18 model, but it is incredibly touchy when maneuvering. The F18 was annoying to take off but i decided to add some SRB's to simulate the carrier steam catapult launch. Cant remember if i had some difficulties with the U2, but i do recall that it i able to circumnavigate at least 1.5 times before running out of fuel.

I wanted to incorporate an ejection system into all of them, but was unable due to aesthetics. the B9 fuselages arent the same shape as the decouplers, and i wanted to maintain the shape for aerodynamics.

lemme know what ya think

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.