If a Kerbal in a seat falls down, it bugs the seat. Any other way to fix this?

See the title. If a Kerbal in a rover seat gets hurt (falls over, say the rover flips over and causes the Kerbal to "crack his head open") and then gets back up, the Kerbal becomes bugged and can no longer control/leave the seat. The only way to fix this is to remove the rover (from what I've seen).

Is there another way to fix it? Because this really sucks.

Also, hilarious (but annoying) picture of what I mean by a bugged Kerbal (damned Krakkens)

2ithqpw.jpg

Edited by Benie

I had this too. It happens when the kerbal is ejected from the seat, but clips with the rover. You dont get the "leave seat" button because youre not on the seat any longer already. I had one design that made the kerbal clip, and the only way i found to unclip it it to shake the rover as hard as i can. I doesnt work weel, thats why i always pay attention to clipping now.

• 2 weeks later...

I had that problem. Kerbal had fallen out of the rover seat, but the game thought he was still in it. Didn't have the option to make him leave seat or anything else. Trying to move the rover also moved the kerbal, but they moved at different rates so they soon became a fair distance apart. Only way I was able to sort it was hit the end flight button, which was annoying.

I've had this issue with the Kerbals falling/clipping into the seat; however, my fix was simple. I merely drove the rover out from under the Kerbal. My seats were positioned right on the edge of the rover like yours OP, but my seats were on the front/rear instead of the sides. I'm sure you could throw him off of that rover by doing some g-force intensive maneuvers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.