Yes yes yes!!!!!

The Destroyer

I am so happy right now :D

Here's what happened:

I logged on, and noticed that it came up with an error "desktop cannot be found". I thought, um... restart? But then it gave me user profile failed to logon.

So, I thought D: and desperatley tried to find my backup disk, but I couldn't. I was sad.

I then thought: SAFEMODE! So I went into there, and tried removing my password, deleting recent stuff, nothing.

Then, I found you could startup with internet, so I tried Chrome- didn't load. Tried IE- MY HERO! It worked, and I found this thread

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

It wasn't a temporary account, but I did the first resoloution and...

IT WORKS

AND

All my Data is safe!

*Explodes in hapeness*

Now, I need some food. Yes, I did starve myself over a PC. Whatever.

:D

I used to use IE as my normal browser. Until about a year and a half ago, when the loading times started to get ridiculous. It's not bad, but it's far from being as polished as Chrome in utilities. And IE 8 is ridiculously slow, each time I actually boot it it takes over 6-7 sec to load the home page, Chrome takes barely half a second.

When my computer got a virus thing a while back that locked my windows explorer up so I couldn't open any programs, open any folders, or even do basic commands, I went to safe mode and was forced to use Safari to find out what was going wrong.

I was so happy to see this after about 12 hours of work.

mbxy.jpg

I do have 3 backup browsers in case of catastrophe (when chrome goes out) these backup browsers are, first choice : Safari, second choice : Firefox, third choice : Internet Explorer.

So yeah I have a good amount of browsers to use before I resort to IE.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.