Kerbal Theme Park - Ferris Wheels

So I've been trying to build a bunch of stupid stuff lately instead of building efficient rockets/planes... I made a non-mobile wrecking ball crane, a crummy rocket-powered helicopter, and these. This has been a little tricky and involves unorthodox uses of stock parts, but I have a few working Ferris Wheels! I have tried making proper gondolas where passengers would always be facing right-side-up, but they end up flying away resulting in much death.

Here's a look at where the wheel is "attached".

kTGiR9y.png

I use 1x1 metal sheets to form boxes (or octagonal boxes) that are then attached to the ferris wheel's core. Wheels are then fit inside these boxes on frames jutting out from one of the ferris wheel's spokes. Parts of these frames are held up by big supports, while other parts are decoupled away to set up the ferris wheel for "flight". The rest is pretty straightforward. This works fairly well for the wheel part, but like I said above, gondolas still fall through sometimes.

I'm sure someone could make a better one, I wanna see it happen! I'd also welcome any other silly crafts in this thread.

Anyways, here they are :D

WMBGfYK.jpg

eMwpBBj.jpg

What's all that debris on the road?

On the far left? Those are the remnants of a crashed ferris wheel. If you're referring to the parts below the ferris wheel in the second picture, some parts are decoupled away and those fall below the wheel... Others just well, broke off. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.