KSP cheapest for now on Steam or becoming even cheaper?

galaxy366

The general rule of the Steam sales is to never buy something that is not a flash/choice/daily deal. Everything that is 10%/20% cheaper and not one of those three has a high chance to get into one of those three categories and be even cheaper.

If the Game you want hasn't been made cheaper by the last day you can still get it then.

It might be a daily deal tommorow, if you look at Steam's main page, there's a post card next to Tomb Raider and something behind it:

http://cdn.steamcommunity.com/economy/profilebackground/items/245070/5806bae5ee1c716ffd73578233a6a77c04b3c831.jpg?size=244x137

:D

I believe this also means KSP is getting cards on Steam as well. I might just transfer my game to Steam then, but only if there are KSP themed backgrounds to be found.

Edited by ForumHelper

It might be a daily deal tommorow, if you look at Steam's main page, there's a post card next to Tomb Raider and something behind it:

http://cdn.steamcommunity.com/economy/profilebackground/items/245070/5806bae5ee1c716ffd73578233a6a77c04b3c831.jpg?size=244x137

I believe this also means KSP is getting cards on Steam as well. I might just transfer my game to Steam then, but only if there are KSP themed backgrounds to be found.

There already are KSP backgrounds.

I just received a KSP themed Summer Sale card, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we got KSP dedicated cards.

Right now it's showing $20.69.

A few months ago they had a sale and it was $15.00. I bought a few copies then.

I hope they'll be featured in one of the daily deals or flash or choice. If you see it for $15 or less... buy.

protip on the summer sale.... DONT BUY ANYTHING UNTIL THE LAST DAY, you never know when a game you are looking at will go on flash sale or get voted, you will then hate yourself forever for not waiting a day or 2 and have gotten it much cheaper. until then dont buy it.

I've played KSP for 188 hours. At £18 that's 0.09p per hour. It has been worth every penny. At first you throw a few things together to see if they take off. Before you know it you are docking ships to space stations you built earlier, landing drop ships and dropping rovers with parachutes and all sorts of really cool stuff.

the devs need and deserve all the money they can get, im more than happy to pay full price for such a wonderful game

well said. If you value the game so little you don't want to pay the pittance Squad prices it at, why are you playing it at all?

Because in some countries (Hungary for instance) you don't earn even 10% of the standard wage of the UK/US/Australia/Germany so the "cost" of KSP is something like buying a $200 game for us.

If OP is Polish, Hungarian even Greek now or any of the other non g8 countries, chances are your "$20 USD" is infact a hell of a lot of money to them.

It's a great game, really. If you're looking for the lowest possible price, you should wait a bit and check steam sales, but overall it's really not a waste of money to pay 5$ more.

Because in some countries (Hungary for instance) you don't earn even 10% of the standard wage of the UK/US/Australia/Germany so the "cost" of KSP is something like buying a $200 game for us.

If OP is Polish, Hungarian even Greek now or any of the other non g8 countries, chances are your "$20 USD" is infact a hell of a lot of money to them.

by the logic, why the hell spend the equivalence of 7000$ for a computer than can run ksp (and probably not many higher end games)?

by the logic, why the hell spend the equivalence of 7000$ for a computer than can run ksp (and probably not many higher end games)?

well said. People complain about a game costing $25 as a one time purchase but happily spend €50 a week on beer and booze.

I would use the sale as an opportunity to buy KSP as a gift for a friend who can't afford the full game.

That's what I did a few months ago when it was on sale for $15. Still have one copy. I might pick up a few more... depends how good the sale is.

You can get a PC for 5000PLN(or even less) and still play new games on it, no need to spend ~21000PLN(currency exchange rate right now is 3.28 PLN for $1).

Anyway, I think KSP will be 50% off, not more(more likely 30% off). Was it 50% or 30% off last time it was on a sale?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.