[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

Thanks, that seems to work for water and O2 now the food, I was looking before posting to this mod http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/renewable-bio-fuel-modules/ and in the configs there is a BioMass.cfg and one of its lines reads as follow:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION

{

name = Food

density = 0.0003166535

flowMode = ALL_VESSEL

transfer = PUMP

isTweakable = true

}

Then in the parts\GreenHouses\Food Greenhouse\part..cfg there is this Module:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleGenerator

requiresAllInputs = true

isAlwaysActive = true

INPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

rate = 5

}

INPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = light

rate = 1

}

INPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = Nutrients

rate = 0.0001

}

INPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = CarbonDioxide

rate = 0.0001

}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = Oxygen

rate = 0.00008

}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = Food

rate = 0.0001

}

}

Then my question is, can this food be used to refill the TAC containers?, furthermore there are also other 2 resources like Oxygen and CarbonDioxide that can be used. So I'm going to take a look at it and will post if they work well together.

Then my question is, can this food be used to refill the TAC containers?, furthermore there are also other 2 resources like Oxygen and CarbonDioxide that can be used. So I'm going to take a look at it and will post if they work well together.

The magic about resource definitions is if their names are identical the game can't tell them apart. Then, so long as their actual definitions don't conflict (same flow type? same density? etc) then they are 100% compatible.

Yes. Please see http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62631-BioMass-Ongoing-Development?p=922053&viewfull=1#post922053 for settings to allow the two to work together.

If you find problems, please don't hesitate to post them over at the biomass thread.

Better textures are available from...

Sorry to be a pain TaranisElsu, but do you have UV unwrapped .obj's i could borrow to create some textures of my own in zbrush? I could work off your included .tga files, but i cant really see where the geometry is to use as reference for painting.

Your mod is fantastic and i'd love to try and make it look as close to stock as i can :D

EDIT: I could give normal maps a go too, if you knew how to incorporate them into your .cfg files :)

Edited by Daishi
Moar boosters

So apparently girders and hex cans don't mix. I'm trying to make a "Life Support Bridge" between a command module and propulsion unit, made of girders, with radially attacked large food hex cans, and it makes the entire section just kind of…collapse in on itself.

Anyone ever heard of this? I'll do in-line units if need be, but the hex cans provide aesthetic appeal that I'd like to keep.

EDIT: It happens even when they're attacked to other parts, too! (In this case, in line TAC units). It seems anything these large hex cans are attached to just…crumbles!

This is the case with only the large food hex cans, it seems. I haven't tried other single-resource modules yet, but I have used the regular and small life support hex cans before, with no trouble.

Whats with this buggy hex can?

Edited by Scootaloo

I uninstalled this mod about a month ago, but in the debug menu I get the following error:

[Error]: Cannot find a Module of typename 'TacLifeSupport'

[Error]: ScenarioModule is null.

This may have to do with the toolbar plugin as well, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help?

anyone has a detailed guide on how to use this?

1) Install mod. Make sure the files are in: {KSP}/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupport_____

2) Check the settings by clicking the icon in the Space Center scene

3) When building a ship or station, make sure that you bring along enough food, water, & oxygen to last. Each Kerbal consumes 1 unit each of food, water, and oxygen per 24-hour day (note that the masses are different so they consume different amounts, it just uses "1 unit" for convenience.) Use the Life Support Build Aid in the editor to help make sure you have enough.

4) Add a Carbon Extractor or Water Filter to extend how long your Oxygen and Water supplies last. They effectively make those resources last 10x as long.

5) When flying a ship, check the Life Support Monitoring window to see how much time is left before resources run out. The remaining times do not account for any recyclers nor does it track electricity very well.

6) Profit!

Any questions?

Sorry to be a pain TaranisElsu, but do you have UV unwrapped .obj's i could borrow to create some textures of my own in zbrush? I could work off your included .tga files, but i cant really see where the geometry is to use as reference for painting.

Your mod is fantastic and i'd love to try and make it look as close to stock as i can :D

EDIT: I could give normal maps a go too, if you knew how to incorporate them into your .cfg files :)

The Blender file and texture files are all here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/tree/master/Unity/Assets (you can find the source code there also).

The OP pictures are broken.

I know. I way exceeded my bandwidth quota, but it will reset soon. The pictures are a little old anyway.

I uninstalled this mod about a month ago, but in the debug menu I get the following error:

This may have to do with the toolbar plugin as well, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help?

The mod saves some information in the game's persistent.sfs file. Those errors indicate that the game does not know how to load the mod information -- because the mod isn't there to load it. I would not worry about that, it is harmless. If it bothers you, look for a section that begins with "SCENARIO { name = TacLifeSupport" and delete it. Always back up your save before editing it.

That's to be expected. You have config files that are adding TACLS modules to craft or existing craft that have those modules defined on them or both.

The game tries to load the modules but the plugin for them is gone. So it says it cannot find them.

If there are config files adding those modules then it will be logged in output_log.txt along with the location of the cfg that's adding them and the part it's adding them to.

The second error has to do with the Scenario data in your save file. TAC probably wrote data there and the game is throwing an error trying to access the module responsible. Getting rid of that error would involve editing the save file.

The good news though is that you can mostly ignore those errors. Mostly.

That's to be expected. You have config files that are adding TACLS modules to craft or existing craft that have those modules defined on them or both.

The game tries to load the modules but the plugin for them is gone. So it says it cannot find them.

If there are config files adding those modules then it will be logged in output_log.txt along with the location of the cfg that's adding them and the part it's adding them to.

The second error has to do with the Scenario data in your save file. TAC probably wrote data there and the game is throwing an error trying to access the module responsible. Getting rid of that error would involve editing the save file.

The good news though is that you can mostly ignore those errors. Mostly.

Thanks to you and Taranis for helping me with that! I'm glad that it doesn't break anything. It makes me feel bad that I had to admit not using this mod anymore though. Great job, whether I know how to use it or not :)

I viewed some files and I saw a reference for a hibernate state(probably a reduced consumption to everything but you will be limited in your actions in side the ship. is this implemented now or just partially implemented in advance for the future.

another question, I tried the electrolyser download, it seems that there is a problem in the fuel cell, it's not working, there is a problem with the Hydrogen resource

Edited by lyndonguitar

:Hi! I haven't downloaded the mod yet. But I'm considering it. One thing I really want to do though is have kerbals live in space for extremely long periods of time. Can I transfer life support resources to a space station, and use that space station to store them until picked up by a docking vessel? I've tried looking around the forums and spaceport infro and this doesn't appear to be the case but i could be missing something.

If this is not possible in the mod today, would you consider making it possible? I noticed some mention of being able to transfer waste product using your fuel transfer mod, but nothing about being able to transfer life support resources. I think it's only natural that this should be possible through docking ports that can transfer kerbals and other resources.

Thanks for being so active on your mod threads! :)

:Hi! I haven't downloaded the mod yet. But I'm considering it. One thing I really want to do though is have kerbals live in space for extremely long periods of time. Can I transfer life support resources to a space station, and use that space station to store them until picked up by a docking vessel? I've tried looking around the forums and spaceport infro and this doesn't appear to be the case but i could be missing something.

If this is not possible in the mod today, would you consider making it possible? I noticed some mention of being able to transfer waste product using your fuel transfer mod, but nothing about being able to transfer life support resources. I think it's only natural that this should be possible through docking ports that can transfer kerbals and other resources.

Thanks for being so active on your mod threads! :)

Sure you can :) Food, water and oxygen are all transferable around just like fuel, so you'll just need to have nice big tanks for them on your station (mine hold about 21 Kerman-years worth when totally full), and shift them around when you dock a craft.

Is there a way to create/recycle food? If not, perhaps some kind of very large greenhouse? (takes CO2 + H20, makes Food :P)

There has been some discussion about this, but still nothing in the mod.

You could make a greenhouse by yourself though, and play with the values, one I did before takes electricity, waste, CO2, and water to get O2 and food.

Is there a way to create/recycle food? If not, perhaps some kind of very large greenhouse? (takes CO2 + H20, makes Food :P)

There are other mods that provide greenhouses that work with TAC-LS

Ok, I will see if I can get the one in LLL to work with TAC.

Getting it to work is quite easy, just copy the TACLS modules to consume and produce what you need. The hard part is to get a good ratio for recycling.

If you get something working nice please share :)

I'm working on a food processor based on the biomass hub from the BioMass mod and I'm having some issues in testing (Namely not producing enough Carbon Dioxide) How much Carbon dioxide does 1 Kerbal Produce in 1 day?

Here's the code I'm using for reference.

MODULE
{
name = TacGenericConverter
converterName = Food Processor

// Number of units to convert per day (24 hours)
conversionRate = 8.4

// A comma separated list of resources to use as inputs.
// For each resource, list the resource name and the amount (which
// is multiplied by the conversionRate)
inputResources = CarbonDioxide, 1, Waste, 1, WasteWater, 1, ElectricCharge, 1000

// A comma separated list of resources to output. Same as above
// but also specify whether it should keep converting if the
// resource is full (generating excess that will be thrown away).
outputResources = Oxygen, 0.9, false, Food, 0.9, false, Waste, 2.218, true
}

I'm working on a food processor based on the biomass hub from the BioMass mod and I'm having some issues in testing (Namely not producing enough Carbon Dioxide) How much Carbon dioxide does 1 Kerbal Produce in 1 day?

I'm happy to help you out over at the BioMass thread (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62631-BioMass-Ongoing-Development?p=922053&viewfull=1#post922053)

NVM, I figured it out. Turns out you need to be out of the atmosphere before producing Carbon Dioxide. Now it's just about fine tuning the amount of food and Oxygen produced.