[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

NVM, I figured it out. Turns out you need to be out of the atmosphere before producing Carbon Dioxide. Now it's just about fine tuning the amount of food and Oxygen produced.

That link should show you an image of suggested setting to use. Of course, if you want to go off the reservation, that's cool, too.

Hi TaranisElsu,

i would encourage a new discussion to move the "units" of your ressources (water, oxygen, and so on) to a more "physical" level of unit-counting. So let's say: Water, Oxygen etc. is measured in kilogramms (or anything other baseline unit) but not in the very specialized "Day ration".

From the POV of a life-support, dayrations makes perfect sense and i liked it. But now, i want to try to integrate other mods (Interstellar) in the ressource-realm. And in this chase, things go weird due different units, different names and so on.

Hi TaranisElsu,

i would encourage a new discussion to move the "units" of your ressources (water, oxygen, and so on) to a more "physical" level of unit-counting. So let's say: Water, Oxygen etc. is measured in kilogramms (or anything other baseline unit) but not in the very specialized "Day ration".

From the POV of a life-support, dayrations makes perfect sense and i liked it. But now, i want to try to integrate other mods (Interstellar) in the ressource-realm. And in this chase, things go weird due different units, different names and so on.

Taranis was kind enough to point people to a spreadsheet he made that would help you achieve what you want:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aioc9ek3XAvwdGNsRlh3OVhlbTFBR3M4RW0zLUNTRFE&usp=sharing#gid=0

You might have to do some basic calculations to convert things into tonnes or liters from the kg, but it's straight forward. The BioMass mod provides TAC-LS settings to get away from the dayrations system, for example.

I added this to the green house (LLL) part config:

MODULE

{

name = Greenhouse

converterName =FoodProccessor

// Number of units to convert per day (24 hours)

conversionRate = 0.5

// A comma separated list of resources to use as inputs.

// For each resource, list the resource name and the amount (which

// is multiplied by the conversionRate)

inputResources = Water, 0.2, CarbonDioxide, 0.2, Waste, 1, ElectricCharge, 2000

// A comma separated list of resources to output. Same as above

// but also specify whether it should keep converting if the

// resource is full (generating excess that will be thrown away).

outputResources = Food, 1, false, Oxygen, 0.18, false, WasteWater, 0.18, false

}

But its doesn't seem to actually do anything :S Did I do something wrong?

get this message for some things also dont seem like my eva life support dont work was eva for 20min real time and never went down only eletricty goes down

[LOG 16:09:48.955] Tac.AddLifeSupport[6EA8F100][167.39]: Adding Life Support to scienceLab/TH-NKR Science Lab

[LOG 16:09:48.957] Tac.AddLifeSupport[6EA8F100][167.39]: The LifeSupportModule is missing!

[ERR 16:09:48.960] Tac.AddLifeSupport[6EA8F100][167.39]: Error adding the Part Module (expected?): Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.AddLifeSupport.AddPartModule (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Just curious if this is till under development?

Yes, it is. I was taking a short break so that I could actually play KSP. I have limited time to mod or play, and so much of my time was being spent modding that I had hardly played in months :(.

Good thing that I did since I found a bug that nobody reported yet: did you know that if you send a Kerbal on EVA from a 1-man pod for X minutes that he will immediately consume an extra X minutes of Oxygen upon returning to the pod? Does not affect other pods as long as at least one Kerbal remains in the pod. That will be fixed shortly.

I have Kethane scanning and mining for ice and regolith close to finished, but I need part models for the drills. And I have been working on the Greenhouse, but I am struggling trying to balance it.

Hi; I've posted the parts for the air+water filter models I made a week or so ago.

Available here.

I added a link in the OP. Thanks!

get this message for some things also dont seem like my eva life support dont work was eva for 20min real time and never went down only eletricty goes down

[LOG 16:09:48.955] Tac.AddLifeSupport[6EA8F100][167.39]: Adding Life Support to scienceLab/TH-NKR Science Lab

[LOG 16:09:48.957] Tac.AddLifeSupport[6EA8F100][167.39]: The LifeSupportModule is missing!

[ERR 16:09:48.960] Tac.AddLifeSupport[6EA8F100][167.39]: Error adding the Part Module (expected?): Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.AddLifeSupport.AddPartModule (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

As I have said repeatedly in this thread: that exception is known and does not seem to be causing any issues. Please post your entire log file somewhere that I can look at it, and let me know what other mods you have installed.

Did you take a look at the Life Support Monitoring window? Were the remaining times decreasing in the window? With default settings, I expect the Kerbal to only consume 0.01389 units of each resource after 20 minutes. That is too little to be visible in the Resources display. Also, Kerbals do not consume Oxygen while landed or flying on Kerbin below a certain altitude (they should still consume food & water though). Let me know if that helps. But please post your entire log file somewhere that I can look at it.

taranis thats a error when i go from title screen to space port. its the only time i get that error. i only noticed it cause i was trying to track down another error from a differnt mod that was causing a crash.

A bug-ish situation:

If one changes the consumption/production rates to use the biologic rates as given in your spreadsheet, and adjusts the densities accordingly, everything works fine, but the command pods don't get updated on the amounts of resources they have. They are set up assuming the 1 unit/kerbal/day.

It's not really a bug in that everything works perfectly. Not sure the correct term.

I've started to use TAC in career mode and - I can't possibly see how to progress. The tier 0 pod doesn't have enough electricity to sustain a trip to the Mun and back, and hitting Kerbin's biomes for 10 and 12 science points is pretty far from unlocking the solar panels to get this fixed. What's everyone else doing here?

I've started to use TAC in career mode and - I can't possibly see how to progress. The tier 0 pod doesn't have enough electricity to sustain a trip to the Mun and back, and hitting Kerbin's biomes for 10 and 12 science points is pretty far from unlocking the solar panels to get this fixed. What's everyone else doing here?

Erm....I don't remember to be honest. I don't remember having any issues though, I progressed through the tree at about the speed I normally would. Just make sure you unlock science parts first, and hit as many biomes with them as you can. You can always take multiple empty pods to act as batteries (or loads of fuel + a charge generating engine)

If you follow what Scott Manley is doing with his beginner tutorial (which I would highly suggest unless you can do Eve sample returns blindfolded), then I'm pretty sure you will get to batteries before it becomes a concern. Remember, rocket engines (except the little guy) will recharge your battery. Using well timed burns can actually keep your battery topped up constantly during the first flights.

For example, first actual mission to space should be along the lines of: launch -> 100k, wait then orbital burn at 100k, retroburn to deorbit, decouple and land. Doing EVA/Crew reports each step of the way (via Take/Store data) should net you 200+ science before you even start flying to the Mun/Minmus. At that point you should have expanded the bottom part of the tree enough to get basic batteries, then just slap 2 of the 100 charge ones and should should have more than enough for a Mun mission.

Is there a faq/guide for adding TAC functions to non-stock habitat modules?

I guess no, but is pretty simple, open the TacLifeSupport folder inside there is a cfg called StockPartsChanges there you have to copy one of the entries and paste below then you have to go to the mod where you want to modify a part and copy his name, then only remains to paste the name replacing the name of the copied entry, like this: @PART[Mark2Cockpit] to @PART[Mypartname] and change values if needed.

Is there a way to determine the theoretical (I.E. with max crew) life support remaining in a currently unmanned vessel on orbit? (Other than with tedious math and trying to locate all the containers I've got attached here and there.)