[1.0.4] SteamGauges V1.7.2 - 27 July '15

Trueborn

The mod fails to load on Linux due to its filesystem being case sensitive

I had to go through the source for check the correct names of the files before I could get it to load successfully. The "node_*.png" files are the ones that need renaming.

Nice mod overall :)

The only detail I have is that the times of the node gauge seems to be off even for short burns, but I'm not too concerned.

@ymir9: Not an analog one, no. I think the built in version is sufficient. The next version will have a G meter integrated in one gauge though.

@m4v: Thanks. I've been trying to keep things consistent, but I guess I missed those. Fixed for the next version. Also, I'm looking at another method of getting burn times.

I'm also expecting another beta release in the next day or two, which I think you guys will enjoy.

The radar altimeter is pretty inaccurate sometimes, and perfectly accurate othertimes. I haven't quite figured out what causes it to go out of whack. I've seen it work fine with multi-pod rockets no problem, and other times it goes nuts. Same for single pod ships.

65XTB3J.jpg

Beta 1.4 is now available in the development thread, here. In addition to many HUD improvements, the radar altimeter now works over the ocean, it should run under LINUX, and there is an option to use KSP's calculated burn times for maneuver nodes.

Version 1.2 is now available from the spaceport. It has fixes for the radar altimeter, should run under Linux, and also the HUD! Although currently tailored towards spaceplane operations, it should also be useful for conventional rockets. More vectors and a vertical ascent mode are still in the pipes, but I thought you all would appreciate the various bug fixes as well.

Thanks CoriW!

Due to some excellent input from a.g. you can all expect a new beta release soon, now with vectors! That being said, the next full version will probably be a little while still, as there are some more things I want to do (like clamp the pitch ladder so it doesn't rotate over the altitude/speed tapes, and the orbital reference mode).

A small suggestion. Is it possible to enter a time to Ap/Pe value at the orbital gauge, or at least have it as an option to change it form the advanced settings menu? I hardly use the map during the ascent with the use of the orbital gauge but it lacks this critical info (i don't think that the period is very useful).

You can change the burn window setting in the advanced settings window. This will give you an alert at a specific time until Ap/Pe (by illuminating the B next to the appropriate readout). For more precision, you can use the HUD (always displays time to Ap/Pe above 10km). I'll look at fitting two times in the gauge, or perhaps time to next node (Ap, Pe, An, Dn).

I haven't done any work, or even investigation on how to do 3D gauges in KSP. For now, I will keep working on the current design. I also don't want to build an entire 3D cockpit, which would probably be required to fit all these gauges into a ship.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for everyone who may have been waiting for updates, but I've recently had an attack of Real Life that has taken up a lot of my time. I do have some updates in the works, and I'll roll in 0.22 compliance with them. Most of the gauges should still be working, though.

HUD%20M2.jpgHi trueborn, just want to point out that the speedtape on all real HUDs flow the other way, with smaller values on the bottom, larger values on top. Edited by mrfox

HUD%20M2.jpgHi trueborn, just want to point out that the speedtape on all real HUDs flow the other way, with smaller values on the bottom, larger values on top.

Actually, its based off of my personal favorite HUD, the C-17's. I don't know why its backwards, but since its the one I actually fly around with, I'm unlikely to change it any time soon.

DSC01028.jpg