Kerbin Mini Shuttle

helldiver

Ungrateful backseat modder, why am I not surprised at that?? Helldiver is working on the mod, but IIRC the work that ZRM was doing is being held up because of his own circumstances. Helldiver has said he has no plans whatsoever to release it in a state that he feels is not ready to be released, If you can't understand and respect that you should think about taking a crack at modelling and putting stuff in KSP yourself!!!!!

Try seeing how much work even the basic stuff is before you start saying for him to release a beta for a HIGHLY(!) complex mod that he feels isn't ready!!!:mad:

And just so you know I took both an Engineering class, and a Gaming Introduction class in high school, So I've had some experience working with both modelling programs and working on trying to make even basic game aspects work.......

Stop ranting about it then!

If you check I haven't been among those asking for a release when the primary modder has already explained that it's not happening until he's happy with it, I'm just a little tired of seeing people say hurtful things that only serve to drive away talented modders. I've seen far to many good-great mods just fall off to the wayside and be abandoned because of those type of comments.

I don't want to see that happen to a great mod I'm looking forward to playing with once Helldiver is happy with it and releases V1.0......

If you check I haven't been among those asking for a release when the primary modder has already explained that it's not happening until he's happy with it, I'm just a little tired of seeing people say hurtful things that only serve to drive away talented modders. I've seen far to many good-great mods just fall off to the wayside and be abandoned because of those type of comments.

I don't want to see that happen to a great mod I'm looking forward to playing with once Helldiver is happy with it and releases V1.0......

I dont care if you have or not, I'm a bit amazed by the fact some people take these ETA questions as an insult.

People love this thing by just looking at the screenshots and want to play with it, rather now then tomorrow.

That SHOULD be a great compliment but to you guys it's not somehow.

Second, the guys here dont like to get ETA questions and are way too busy for anything KSP realted it seems, but do talk about this mod in other topics, what do you expect my friends?

Feeling rushed/pushed by those comments is a choice, you can choose to ignore it and not let it get to ya, which I think is the more adult thing to do.

I mean look at this topic, the last 2 pages I see only complaints and sneers at eachother.. How sad.\

Also, I gave you guys a possible solution: put the damn ETA in the OP allready!

Edited by Lucchese

There is no ETA. ZRM said he can continue work in December when he's done with school. The only ETA anybody has ever got from the devs is "when it's ready." This has been repeated numerous times, just in the last few pages of this thread.

About the thread lock, I'd be down with that but it's not up to me. It is lame to read this thread in it's current state. Maybe the devs or some mods will help us on that.

Hay guys

I'm new at this forum.

At first I very like this project. But i have a important question...........................

When can I download it finally ;-)

And I have questions. I'm working on a separate project. but I have some problems.

I want to create a "Delta Glider" from the game "Orbiter". I have already created the model and some extras, animated everything. now I'm stuck with the landing gear. Maybe someone can explain to me (step by step) how to create a landing gear and what exactly you need to use for a module in the. Cfg

Also if anyone is interested in my project and offers his help, I like to send my files

Thanks in advance for the help (I posted here because yes, there is a similar project)

I dont care if you have or not, I'm a bit amazed by the fact some people take these ETA questions as an insult.

People love this thing by just looking at the screenshots and want to play with it, rather now then tomorrow.

That SHOULD be a great compliment but to you guys it's not somehow.

Second, the guys here dont like to get ETA questions and are way too busy for anything KSP realted it seems, but do talk about this mod in other topics, what do you expect my friends?

Feeling rushed/pushed by those comments is a choice, you can choose to ignore it and not let it get to ya, which I think is the more adult thing to do.

I mean look at this topic, the last 2 pages I see only complaints and sneers at eachother.. How sad.\

Mod makers are under no obligation to us, expressed or implied, for anything. Not ETA's, not updates, not patches, nothing. You can stamp your feet and throw tantrums all you want because the makers aren't doing things exactly the way you want them done, it won't change anything. If this is unacceptable to you, tough. Settle down and learn some patience.

Mod makers are under no obligation to us, expressed or implied, for anything. Not ETA's, not updates, not patches, nothing. You can stamp your feet and throw tantrums all you want because the makers aren't doing things exactly the way you want them done, it won't change anything. If this is unacceptable to you, tough. Settle down and learn some patience.

Dude, I am not trying to get an ETA, havent been asking for it either.

I replied to this because I saw one of the devs talking about this thing and so I came to take a look.

Only to find a fight in progress which was at that point only being carried on by people with reactions like "stop asking".

Mind you, people stopped asking a dozen of posts before when the first flame was thrown.

Sorry for trying to get things to settle down and shed things in a different light for some people here.

Too bad you accuse me of not accepting things while you are the one not listening to what I actually tried explaining

There is no ETA. ZRM said he can continue work in December when he's done with school.

Put that in the OP then, all im saying is people ask because they do not feel like spitting trough 1000+ posts, last 3 pages being a fight, to maybe find something usefull.

Put it in and you guys really have a reason to show the door to people who keep asking, unlike now.

But fine, take the high road and lock it up, why am I even caring about this?!

Bye!

Dude, I am not trying to get an ETA, havent been asking for it either.

I replied to this because I saw one of the devs talking about this thing and so I came to take a look.

Only to find a fight in progress which was at that point only being carried on by people with reactions like "stop asking".

Mind you, people stopped asking a dozen of posts before when the first flame was thrown.

Sorry for trying to get things to settle down and shed things in a different light for some people here.

Too bad you accuse me of not accepting things while you are the one not listening to what I actually tried explaining

There is no ETA. ZRM said he can continue work in December when he's done with school.

Put that in the OP then, all im saying is people ask because they do not feel like spitting trough 1000+ posts, last 3 pages being a fight, to maybe find something usefull.

Put it in and you guys really have a reason to show the door to people who keep asking, unlike now.

But fine, take the high road and lock it up, why am I even caring about this?!

Bye!

Yep, I also think modifying the OP would be a good idea, but this is helldiver's thread.

Also, to be clear, there is NO ETA as of this moment, however I can return to working on the project by 6th December at the earliest.

I guess I was hoping too much that would-be posters would see my notice explicitly asking to let the thread cool down and just leave the thread alone, thus leaving my notice near the end of the thread where everyone would see it. That's a fault on my part.

Just to be clear, I'm not going to jeopardise my degree for this project, and helldiver does not see the point in releasing the current version as it is. Please remember that he has literally no experience with KSP/Unity modding, only 3D content generation, so asking him to "fix" something or make a tweak to make things suitable for an interim release is not a simple matter, especially considering that a portion of the project is plugin powered, and not just by my plugins, so appropriate permission requests and repackaging are required for release.

I don't even have the project set up correctly here at university in order to work on it to deal with the few remaining issues. I just don't have the time.

As an idea of what is left to do, here's the current TO-DO list of things definitely required for the first release:

• Figure out what's missing from the distribution or what else could be causing the cockpit to be borked on non-dev machines (probably just a DLL missing or a plugin version incompatibility - I haven't had time to analyse it to figure out what).
  • The final graphics assets for the ENG (engine) panel and the HUD.
  • Fuel/resource setup needs to be balanced.
  • Make it so that the DirectX specific parts of the MFD rendering only happen under DirectX (otherwise the displays will blur slightly under OpenGL) - this should only need a simple check of the render system name.

There are a few other very minor issues on my actual list I have neglected to mention here, as they're mostly just either aesthetic tweaks or other non-essential issues that should not take much time at all.

Also, I have no experience of whatever this new attachment joint instability introduced by 0.22 is that helldiver has mentioned, so I will also have to have a look at that. If it is what I suspect it might be, it shouldn't prove much of a problem. If not there's always Ferram's new KJR mod.

Guys, please stop asking about a release date. ZRM and helldiver have both discussed it, and the earliest ZRM can return to working on it is DECEMBER 6TH. These two have lives outside of KSP and you need to respect that and stop harassing them over it. It will be done when it's done.

They have no obligation to release anything, and are doing this because they want to, not because they have to.

Failure to heed this warning will result in the removal of your "ETA/release when?" postings or posts that bother helldiver or ZRM will be removed without warning, and repeated offenses will result in more punitive actions being taken against offenders.

Thanks,

shadowsutekh

Edited by shadowsutekh

Guys, please stop asking about a release date. ZRM and helldiver have both discussed it, and the earliest ZRM can return to working on it is DECEMBER 6TH. These two have lives outside of KSP and you need to respect that and stop harassing them over it. It will be done when it's done.

They have no obligation to release anything, and are doing this because they want to, not because they have to.

Failure to heed this warning will result in the removal of your "ETA/release when?" postings or posts that bother helldiver or ZRM will be removed without warning, and repeated offenses will result in more punitive actions being taken against offenders.

Thanks,

shadowsutekh

Thanks for that shadowsutekh! This thread was in danger of spiralling out of control.

However, just for fun, it looks like

(the removal of your "ETA/release when?" postings) or (posts that bother helldiver or ZRM will be removed without warning)

could be misread as

(the removal of your "ETA/release when?" postings or posts that bother helldiver) or (ZRM will be removed without warning)

:D

Isn't the ambiguity of English grammar great?

Thanks again, though.

However, just for fun, it looks like
(the removal of your "ETA/release when?" postings) or (posts that bother helldiver or ZRM will be removed without warning)

could be misread as

(the removal of your "ETA/release when?" postings or posts that bother helldiver) or (ZRM will be removed without warning)

:D

Isn't the ambiguity of English grammar great?

Thanks again, though.

That was hilarious. Thanks, ZRM.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/1pp0qo/the_kerbin_mini_shuttle_mod_looks_amazing_the/

Helldiver, ZRM, is that you? much confusion.

Anyway, this was on the reddit today. (which I seldom visit) Thought you guys would want to know.

Well, it's not me, and I don't think it's helldiver either. That's just a link to an album helldiver posted in this thread a while back shortly after I sent him what I thought was a working copy of the KSO (notice how the MFDs aren't working in his copy). Either helldiver's reposting under another name or someone thought they'd just post that album.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Please mouse over for descriptions.

-MFDs are borked currently as ZRM is working on them. In the shots above please ignore the MFDs. The HUD you see is also the old place holder.

Currently the version I have was rather buggy, or perhaps I forgot to install something. Other than that, it was a dream on several counts.

-VAB was a charm. The KSO snapped together really easily. Not too many issues, however you have to rotate the vertical stabilizers 90 degrees in order to get them to snap properly into a V-tail configuration. A Ship file of a fully constructed KSO will be included so you don't have to worry about that of that.

-The KSO itself flew perfectly. This thing wants to fly and with very little skill I was able to glide it four times into a perfect landing.

-HUD VIEW IS JUST ALL SORTS OF AWESOME! My first landing was doing it the old fashion way, external camera. The 2nd and 3rd landings were all done with the HUD view seen above. The 2nd landing I switched to external right after ground effect. The 3rd one was done all from IVA!

The Bad

-The KSO is currently very buggy. Most of the connections are very flimsy, obviously we still have more work to do.

-The vectored engines aren't properly vectoring at first. It required that I fidget with them before they finally started responding.

-RCS Nozzles like the Cargo Bay doors should start retracted. The RCS nozzles required I do an action group to get them to pop inside. Not a big deal, but would be cool if they default to retracted. Just one less thing to worry about before launch.

-I love the landing gear. Players will have to get used to the idea that these landing gear mean business and will blow up your ship if you deploy them while the EFT is still attached. Conversely, the G key didn't work to deploy them. I had to use the mouse to click on the Gear icon to get them to deploy. Not a big deal.

-The KSO has issues sometimes sitting on its nose. It's so perfectly balanced that it can easily tip onto its tail. You have to be careful when coming to a full stop making sure to turn off all RCS/SAS and using the breaks. Always land towards the ocean and on the runway. So far doing this has prevent it from tipping over onto its tail.

-The KSO itself is very fidgety when on the ground. I noticed the entire vehicle being jittery all the pieces shaking. Looked really strange and I suspect it may be collision issues? It isn't that noticeable along the cockpit and cargo bay. But it is very noticeable along the engine bays, the engines, the landing gear, and the control surfaces.

-During launch I had difficulty controlling the vehicle as well as getting into the proper angle for a gravity burn. Once the two LRBs got done the vehicle went into a spin. No RCS effects, so I'm wondering if that is a bug or we forgot.

-Actually, the only time I was able to control the vehicle correct was during the descent flight. During launch the controls are a bit erratic.

Enjoy the shots guys, and please keep in mind it is all still a work in progress.

This album was originally posted by Helldiver near the beginning of the month. Someone just reposted it on reddit is all.