New space sim on the block? Perhaps ...

Ming

Is there any demo/alpha/whatever version for PC to check out? As I've said before, I sincerely wish you a success. If your game ever see the daylight, I'll be on the first row to check it out!

Thanks ! .

Well , the main issue is that the Apple appstore has a very strict QA regulations. Basicly they won't publish anything short of the full product , with absolutely no bugs/crashes/freezes. A single (!) crash , and they will reject the app. So we have to test it to destruction ! .

Hence , no alpha versions. ( we are somewhere beetween alpha and beta. ) . Also , PS3 publishing is way more easy if the game has not published in PC first . It is not impossible , simply way more harder to find a PS3 publisher.

In all fairness , we are more focused on the iPad version. On the PC , you got Orbiter 2010 -which is simply perfect- or KSP if you like more experimenting , more entertaining kind of game . We don't see a space for a third simulator on the scene . We are concentrating on mobile devices/ consoles , in which our ultra fast library and planetary rendering can be more of an advantadge.

A13.png

Regarding mascons / altitude map on the moon ( not really visible , hills on the moon are avg 2000m ( over a 2000km rad ) = 0.1% , so barely vissible at orbital altitudes.

A13b.png

Here is the dynamic weather/cloud generation... with the latest double-bounce terrain/oxygen shader

A13c.png

A13d.png

My personal suspicions about how serious you were about developing this software ( and how much of it was original work ) are completely gone.

I wish you the very best of luck Dion - I'll buy the PC version when it comes out.

How much do you expect it to cost when released, $10-$15 USD? Or less?

I'll buy it when it'll come out for PC whatever will it cost. Too bad their main focus seems to be iPad, and don't have one since Apple's way of doing things doesn't appeal to me...

My personal suspicions about how serious you were about developing this software ( and how much of it was original work ) are completely gone.

I wish you the very best of luck Dion - I'll buy the PC version when it comes out.

Thanks ! . Well , a few models are freeware placeholders ( the ISS , for example is from NASA's website -free to use - , same as the Atlantis and a few other ) . The apollo hardware are literally "on loan" from its creator :) -he agreed -, until we can afford the final models. We have coded the rendering engine also in native C++ / OpenGL ,( 1 thread for the graphics , 2 for the physics , 1 for the compressor/decompressor of textures ). so It is fairly fast .We are aiming to 20-40K polygons spacecrafts.

Regarding the price ,. we are aiming towards the 5 dollars . :) or a tenner including iOS and PC/Mac version. Still undecided

One last image.

"Sunset in Mozambique" , our GPU Programmer has created some shaders that render the images in two channels ( oxygen and nitrogen ) , having different filters and diffraction coefs. So depending of the distances/angles/sun position etc.. modulates a color ramp that looks -sometimes - pretty much real. In the full (ipad4 ) resolution , you can see even the roads that lead to the capital , and the harbour .

mozambique.png

Cheers!

J

Pretty cheap, how long has this project been going on?

the game itself , one year and a half , (myself)

the C++ multithreaded double float physics lib -around 5 years - .

The C++ GFX renderer , a bit less than a year (our other programmer )

most of that time has been wasted, trying to get Unity to do things It can not do . :(

cheers

Jc

I'd offer you my skills with 3D CAD except I use Solidworks, which doesn't really work too well for making models for games. You can convert a Solidworks model to 3DS but it'll come out with about 40 million polygons and by the time you have reduced them to a sensible level you would probably have been better off making the damn thing in 3DS right from the start. Then there is the texturing and mapping, which I know as much about as operating the washing machine ( ask my wife :D )

If you want an engineering model of a spacecraft though, get in touch :D

ASnogarD You're correct. I came over from orbiter and thats very accurate this is very diverse and has a little bit of everyone. The serious sim community (including me),non serious,and creative non serious.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.