Making bases etc persistent?

LargePiece

Despite my inferior flying skills, I'm presently trying to put together a base on the Mun. Expect my old bases keep disappearing! Along with my flag from my first landing. The tracking station appears to not be able to find them either. If I hit "end mission" do things disappear? Perhaps they're still down there but I just can't find them. Quite a challenge without the tracking station being able to show me where they are. Either that or I'm doing something wrong by hitting end mission? Or something else even! Any help would be much appreciate! :):)

"do away" with End Mission? Elaborate. I have no problem with it.

i believe it was the dev harvester who was reworking the way missions are ended, if my memory serves correctly instead of "end mission" there will not be any option but to go back to the space center and you have to end or recover missions through the space tracking center instead.

Ah well, something more intuitive would be handy! Thanks for the help here. Btw, does anyone know what I have to do to make something come up as a base on the tracking station? Do I have to ditch all engines?

It's been a while, but I think you have to rightclick on the control pod on the base and you can change it there, along with the name of the base/craft.

Btw, does anyone know what I have to do to make something come up as a base on the tracking station? Do I have to ditch all engines?

I tend to anyway, to lower part count, but all you need to do is right click on a command pod or probe core, and choose "rename vessel".

i believe it was the dev harvester who was reworking the way missions are ended, if my memory serves correctly instead of "end mission" there will not be any option but to go back to the space center and you have to end or recover missions through the space tracking center instead.

Thats not 100% correct - some kind of "revert to launch pad" e.g. is coming.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entry.php/550-Rethinking-the-way-flights-end

Thats not 100% correct - some kind of "revert to launch pad" e.g. is coming.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entry.php/550-Rethinking-the-way-flights-end

You can no longer "end mission", but there's an auto-save at the launchpad and you can load that to restart your mission. It turns back the whole clock, instead of removing just the ship.

To be honest I have never even used the end Mission....

I use the Return To Space Center and the craft stays in orbit orrrrr.....Vehicle Assemly because my launch or landing has miserably failed -___-

To get rid of something I just use the "terminate flight" (if that's the right name) function in the Space Center

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.