Taxi Runway for Aircraft

Yeah I know, but it's either they make powered wheels or engines with reverse thrust, which I would love to have reverse thrust, powered wheels I don't care too much for it was really just a suggestion to help people maneuver their aircraft easier and also since they'd have to re-do the aircraft wheels anyway

Did I mention I would love to have reverse thrust? Air brakes too, and flaps, and a larger variety of intakes, and better engines, thrust vectoring engines.. and props! more cockpits too, I'd love to make the b-17

Okay, I get it that you want reverse thrust. I know B9 engines and Firespitter have what you are looking for. B9 has two additional intakes, air brakes, and three or four thrust vectoring jet engines. Firespitter has propeller engines/ motors (some are powered by electricity, hence they are motors) and every a Kerbalized version of the B-17: the K-17 Flying House (I think that's what its called.) The engines with this mod also have reverse thrust capability. As far as flaps and control surfaces, you can try TV pizza and aerospace and FAR. TV adds more control surfaces and aerodynamic parts for you to use. FAR allows you to set a control surfaces as aileron, elevator, and/or rudder, or flap or air brake. Be warned that FAR completely overhauls to aerodynamics of the game an necessitates the use of fairings and what not. Both B9 and Firespitter are FAR complaint. As of now you can only get these features with mods, but I would like them to become stock soon.

Edit: As far as the taxiway and everything else goes, I think I found the file for the space center. I don't know what type of file its it, I'm downloading a program to ID it in the morning, but when I opened it with notepad, I was finding words such as "water tower", and "pod memorial." If you're interested it is (on a windows download, anyway,) KSP_win/KSP_Data/level6

Edited by rpayne88

Okay, I get it that you want reverse thrust. I know B9 engines and Firespitter have what you are looking for. B9 has two additional intakes, air brakes, and three or four thrust vectoring jet engines. Firespitter has propeller engines/ motors (some are powered by electricity, hence they are motors) and every a Kerbalized version of the B-17: the K-17 Flying House (I think that's what its called.) The engines with this mod also have reverse thrust capability. As far as flaps and control surfaces, you can try TV pizza and aerospace and FAR. TV adds more control surfaces and aerodynamic parts for you to use. FAR allows you to set a control surfaces as aileron, elevator, and/or rudder, or flap or air brake. Be warned that FAR completely overhauls to aerodynamics of the game an necessitates the use of fairings and what not. Both B9 and Firespitter are FAR complaint. As of now you can only get these features with mods, but I would like them to become stock soon.

Edit: As far as the taxiway and everything else goes, I think I found the file for the space center. I don't know what type of file its it, I'm downloading a program to ID it in the morning, but when I opened it with notepad, I was finding words such as "water tower", and "pod memorial." If you're interested it is (on a windows download, anyway,) KSP_win/KSP_Data/level6

Those are all great mods that I use, but I also love playing the game with stock parts, and like you said I'd love for them to become stock parts eventually

Just to sum up everything so far that this thread has discussed

Larger priority of wanting:

- A taxiway (moving the tower further away from the runway while also providing a more realistic look and feel for the Space Center)

- A parking area for aircraft allowing you somewhere to go and save your aircraft once you've landed, maybe a hanger or two to park under

- (Motorized?) Aircraft wheels that are able to turn

- Engines with reverse thrust capabilities for maneuverability

Smaller priority of wanting but still wanting:

- Lights before and after the runway, possibly running along the runway too

- One or several hangers to park and store aircraft to store the aircraft, or image of the aircraft without loading the parts, until brought back into the game

- Dual runways, possibly creating a V with the Kerbal Center in the middle (I personally think would look really great)

Really just discussing the major wants right now as I think those would be able to easily become implemented into the game

(This comment will be re-posted on each new page so new viewers who just go to the last page of comments will be able to see it)

This would go cool. I ESP would like a place to store my SSTO near the runway that did cause massive lag. Maybe aircraft in designated storage area has physics disabled?

A storage hanger located next to the runway which can save the aircraft without having the physics enabled is something we discuss in the thread, which would be a great idea, but that's more of a smaller priority for right now

I would at least like a small parking area, somewhere you can sit several aircraft off to the side if you wanted just to have for looks or something

3OYfC

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.