The Ultimate Videogame Blend - Add your favourite game/mechanic now :)

SirJodelstein

Lets create the ultimate videogame blend: Starting with KSP, each poster can add a core element/cool feature or stuff from an existing videogame to the mix :) Please explain how this feature would integrate with the others. The final output will probably be incredibly complex, run at less than 1 frame per day and have a GUI that requires several dozens of screens. We will see...

Starting:

The Ultimate Videogame Blend (UVGB) contains KSP in its current state AND the freeform-multiplayer-timetravel mechanics from Achron. That game has the best (and most mindblowing) solution for freeform timetravel in a strategy game i have ever seen, so the ultimate video game obviously needs to have that feature. Finally we have multiplayer support without a centralized timewarp-speed, AND timetravel! Wooh!

Time Travel Mechanics Demonstration

Integration with KSP is fairly straightforward and is a great solution to the multiplayer system (well, with the exception that it would probably kill any computer that tries to run it, Achron has a modifiable past of several minutes, the UVGB would need a changeable past of several days) - add the timewave interface to KSP, make KSP capable of multi-vessel physics simulation, store every control input of the players for some time, promote changes through timewaves moving at 2x to 3x timespeed. Easy ;)

Add your favourite gaming element now :)

Universe Editor based on Universe Sandbox 2.

EDIT:

Dawned on me that I forgot how this blends.

It allows you to make edits to OTHER star systems (or place new ones), save those and load them ingame, but nothing can be changed from the original system. (no Kerbin orbiting Jool polarly.)

With the physics from HL2 this might not work quite as well...

Edited by Galacticruler

The photo real graphics from ARMA III

I don't think so.

that can put intense strain on a low end system, more so on one that barely runs lower res textures.

I say the loading system, PNG, XML, .X file(DirectX, not the famous show) and other various formats used by Galactic Civilizations II would be a better idea.

This would negate the use of .mbm and .mu files, though the unity stuff would still need to be figured out.

The reactions between elements like in Powder Toy

(the problem with spore editing in KSP is about dead weight. In spore you create something to look the part, not function the part. GalCivII does the same while introducing the attachable modules to editoring, as KSP could do, if it wasnt about getting science up in space, not big bad motherships.)

Fully destructible terrain, from... um...

Anyways, if everything was able to be destroyed. Say, a probe falls back to Kerbin and creates a crater.

Or or failed manned mission to Eve leaves a slightly bigger crater.

Factions system that works similar to March of War so you can go against faction in space race to see who can land on the mun first.Also, the when asteroid collide into the mun the impact would look like the impacts you get with the upcoming Sandbox Universe 3.

Ship management of FTL?

By This i mean, a cutaway of your craft, with ability to re-direct power to different systems, or put certain kerbals at the helm or on engineering.

Managing Airlocks and docking ports this way would be emmense.

Edited by Epic DaVinci

We totally need dungeon-crawling elements! Drop a kerbal team on a planet, enter a randomly-generated cave, fight monsters and find treasure chests with designs for new parts, or exessively overpowered unique singe-use parts! Adding Minecrafts underground cave generation mechanic to the mix!

KSP as a roguelike, maybe? With significantly more investment into the role-playing aspects of the game, persistent planetary damage, and so on?

I'm thinking Dwarf Fortress several dozen times over. The main hurdle for players to overcome, ISTM, would be having to learn to read numbers quickly and efficiently so that piloting could be done in real time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.