Is part clipping considered cheating?

Levelord

Butting parts up against each other? No big deal to me and I do this from time to time. Putting parts within parts within parts where you would never be able to make it work in reality (engines inside engines), is silly to me. Of course you can play your KSP however you want.

Edited by Alien1099

I think it depends on how it is used.. If it is done for cosmetical/design reasons then i see no problem with it.

But if you do it just to get the ship flying then i would call it cheating.

I normally keep clipping off but turn it on to do "logical" things. Like a part that, in RL, would be IN something and not hanging on the side. I will allow it to enter something else. Also, sometimes the parts just don't want to go together due to the close proximity of another part. So clipping allows it to fix as it should. But really it comes down to aesthetics. They win out over "game play rules".

Sometimes you can make things work, but aesthetically it is a crap-bag. Part clipping can take the same vessel and pretty it up a bit, which is exactly what real engineers would do anyway.

Now, stacking 16 thrusters in the space of one is most definitely cheating.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.