[v1.2.1] Noyuz Spacecraft - New panels available!

Xemit

Actually, a 1.5m Soyuz would be compatible with Kosmos part pack, and if you made the flared tank 1.25m to 1.5m, it\'d also be usable with Kosmos Angara parts (and in fact, quite useful). Radially mounted conical tanks are always welcome, as you can attach them anywhere. Actually, I could really use a good, tall decoupler and a conical, Soyuz style tank. And don\'t worry about them being unblanced. Just make it fly, and fly good. It doesn\'t need to have burn times match the real thing. If it can just get the Noyuz into orbit, then it should end up fairly balanced.

Could you increase the length of the upper shroud slightly so that docking modules will fit on the top please? Also, perhaps you could use the same plugin as the Kosmos pack so that the RCS and main engine share fuel.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome... Now that I can launch it with the Soyuz rocket, this is just what it needed to be perfect :)

ETA: Oops! Your panels broke my Noyuz !

screenshot50p.png

Not working :(

They looked ok in the VAB, but after launch, they were inverted towards the inside of the ship, and one was higher than the other.

That\'s very strange. Maybe it\'s a collider-related issue? What are those additional decals? and could the panels (note that each segment has a collider!) accidentally intersect them?

Check again that you have

module = SolarPanels_PowerTech

in the part.cfg (at first I accidentally uploaded config where Zoxygene-compatible module version was specified :-[ )

And also 0.2.1 version of PowerTech.dll

That\'s very strange. Maybe it\'s a collider-related issue? What are those additional decals? and could the panels (note that each segment has a collider!) accidentally intersect them?

Ok, two things were happening... Yes, they were colliding with the Kosmos RCS tanks that I added to the side of my Soyuz, and also the name of the part in the cfg seems to conflict with the original panels that I hadn\'t deleted. So for some reason, I put your panels on in the VAB, but the ship launched with the original panels, placed like the old ones.

I suggest you change the name in the cfg files.

• 2 weeks later...

Normal maps, animated panels, stabilizers on the fairing, that sort of stuff.

EDIT: Actually, there\'s something broken. The LES Tower doesn\'t attach to the fairing.

For animated Soyuz panels see PowerTech.

About fairings and other features: I\'m also working on recreating fully functional N1-L3 (and it includes Soyuz-based orbital craft). So, there would be some part modules that\'ll be useful for Soyuz, too.