"Realism" mod list?

rottielover

Although it's not released yet, my mod, The Sith's Solar System Mod, will be quite realistic. Just like in the real world, you'll have to escape Kerbol's SOI, to get to another solar system. We will be posting more about the mod in the coming weeks.

Last time I checked, Kerbol's SOI was infinite... Whilst you can reach escape velocity, Kerbol has an infinite SOI radius...?

They do, unless I'm missing what you mean.

Whilst they can generate lift by working in unison (working like flaps), typically they're used in counter-balance, so that as one goes up the other goes down, which generates roll. It's typically the elevators at the rear of the plane that controls pitch. But certainly that is only by design (and, i suppose, definition...!), but as we know, design is something Kerbals often take little time over ;)

Edited by allmappedout

I did install FAR at one point but while I was working out what combo of mods was causing my crashing I didn't end up testing it.

I did keep Procedual Fairings for the time being, but as I understand it PF and FAR do not play nice together?

I'll swap them out later and see what I get.

Do you happen to remember the names of the mods that add additional heat shields? I know some mods came with their own (HOME for example).

HOME happened to be one that I liked, but in the end I removed it because I'm just not setting up colonies at this point. I'm also unsure if HOME and IronCross work together or not.

Managing my mods has become a "playstyle" all it's own for me lately! Just finding the combo o mods that 1) work together when needed and 2) provide the experiance I'm looking for, is taking a bit of time to get the balance right.

I did install FAR at one point but while I was working out what combo of mods was causing my crashing I didn't end up testing it.

I did keep Procedual Fairings for the time being, but as I understand it PF and FAR do not play nice together?

Last I heard, PF didn't yet work with FAR, but that could have changed by now, as it was certainly something they were working on. FAR is great, but it does change a lot of what you know about the game. In some ways it makes it easier, but other ways it certainly makes things harder.

It does, however, give you the ability to define what control surfaces do what, which is very useful!

I don't realise why a "realistic" mod post doesnt include Ferram Aerospace Research or Procedural Fairings. They fix what is clearly the most unrealistic aspect of the game.

Last I heard, PF didn't yet work with FAR, but that could have changed by now, as it was certainly something they were working on.

Check the PF changelog. It now works with the most recent version of FAR.

I run Procedural Fairings, Procedural Wings, and FAR with nothing else and get an excellent stock experience with more realistic aerodynamics.

For me, PF, PW, and FAR form the "Realism Trifecta". There are no conflicts between the three, and they complement each other perfectly.

I try to keep my mod loadout as light as possible. I feel that once you fix the borked aerodynamics, KSP is at it's most realistic running almost completely stock. More mods tend to introduce overpowered parts, or just clutter up the parts screen even more.

Edited by theflyingfish

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.