[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Sounds like your persistence file has gotten corrupted; Try building a stock rocket and I bet it will also lock up the game.

Go into the KSP folder saves/default/ and then delete/move the 2 SFS files in there and try again; it should create new files and your rockets should launch.

This isn\'t really a Novapunch issue, its just a random thing that happens to KSP right now. If your issue persists you should start a topic in the support forum and we can continue this there.

My game gets stuck on the NP_Omniberha during initial loading, anyone else have this problem?

I did manage to get around it by removing a folder from the Parts folder that came with the pack but I was wondering if there was an alternate fix?

It just takes it a long time to process the 1st time it loads, let it run for a few minutes and it should move on, or remove it the 1st time and let the rest load and build their files, then put it back in and run KSP again

I guess I am going to have to redo the DAE file (again) if its still doing that to people; it doesn\'t do it here.

It just takes it a long time to process the 1st time it loads, let it run for a few minutes and it should move on, or remove it the 1st time and let the rest load and build their files, then put it back in and run KSP again

I guess I am going to have to redo the DAE file (again) if its still doing that to people; it doesn\'t do it here.

Okay, thanks. I\'ll check it out now.

I\'ve not long since purchased the game, am I missing anything that goes hand in hand with installing mods or is it just as simple as copy and paste in the right place?

edit; It\'s the 'NP_3mOmniBerthaEngine' folder, removing it makes the game load perfect, once I replace it it freezes at the same place.

Yeah that\'s all there is to it, mods typically have their files sorted into Parts, Ships, or Plugins folders, though some of the simple ones just have the indivdual part folders that go inside of 'Parts'

Hey guys, I am new to KSP and I love the game. Cant wait to see whats down the road. I tried to go to the download link and it loads but doesn\'t load the download icon. Works for all the other mods, but just not this one. Could someone upload this somewhere else for me please. I want to use this pack. Thanks.

Okay, working on some maintenance issues today, trying to get a released finished up; here\'s the current list of things:

Finish new engines, polish and bug check them - All 3 done

Tweak Omnibertha mesh to load better - new mesh, 75% less polygons

Adapt one of the larger Sundaypunch interstage shrouds to create a new 'plain' 1.75m shroud to go along with the more detailed SIDR version. - done!

Check crash resistance on long 1m tank and Aerospike engine - Upped it a little

Check escape tower thrust vector - It was indeed backwards. Also stronger now

Check Thor lander leg collision - Moved it a little closer, it\'ll always look weird due to the tanks octagonal shape

Tweak Odin Leg graphic to remove gap - Fixed some normals on the base, extended the leg graphic a little more

Add new medium-sized 1meter lander tank

Check small 1m tank for attachment node issues

Check 1.75-2m decoupler overlap

I believe that is all of the issues that have been reported; if I forgot one let me know.

The plan is to have all of this done before experimentals begin, so I can fix anything related to the changes and have this ready for 0.15 release day.

2 down; Here\'s the final(ish) version of the new 3m engine:

yYrPB.png

There is some difficulty radially attaching things to the smallest 1m tank. I\'m on the wrong computer to check right now but iirc you can\'t mount things to the lower half of the tank. Also, the 1.75 - 2m decoupler covers a bit of the 1.75m tank. It doesn\'t rip off RCS thrusters or anything, just a visual overlap.

So I have the to-do list done, including getting the alternate tank skins polished up a bit and working again, and I have the new lander tank all done except texturing:

tTVa7.png

So once we see if anythig needs immediately changed for 0.15, the update is done.

NP is awesome, I\'ve been playing about with it a lot in the past few weeks, and I\'ve noticed some balance things, and a few \'missing\' convenience pieces. Sorry if it seems like a lot at once, I just keep forgetting to post since when I fire up KSP i only finish playing when I\'m exhausted :D

- I like to use the long 1m tank for liquid radial boosters, but they can only use one linear decoupling strut if you like to put stuff on top of the tank (I usually put a SAS and a nosecone). Could you maybe cobble together a longer linear strut? And a double-length one for the very long 1m solid boosters, and 1.75m boosters, that has its ejection force increased more than linearly, otherwise those heavy boys just scrape along on ejection ripping off anything in their path.

- The Medium Bertha and Twin Bertha Lite have a mass of 1.5, while the Big Bertha has a mass of 12. An order of magnitude difference in mass means the Big Bertha is actually almost never a good choice. Especially since 3m engines have a mass of 3 and 4.

- Along the same lines, please take a look at the mass of the Aerospike (1.6, more than mid/small bertha) and NERVA Nuclear (3, almost as much as Matriarch). I think they should be heavier than most, but that\'s possibly a bit far.

- I\'ve been using the aerospike engine a lot (because its short) and I\'ve noticed it overheats really, really fast. Now an aerospike engine would probably realistically disperse heat worse than others, but again right now its a bit much.

- The 1.75m, 2m, 3m SAS and the >1m RCS tanks need to have their values increased exponentially, rather than linearly. Even if this means you having to make them bigger and heavier, because right now to get the same kind of response you get from putting 1x 1m SAS on a rocket, you need to pack 2-3 1.75m and even more 3m, same with the RCS tanks, which inevitably introduces a whole of wobble. As they are right now, a single module, it does nothing! If you make something that has a 3m tank, unless its the shortest tank and it has nothing on top of it with any weight, a single RCS tank will barely get your rotation started.

- Selecting the MK 2.3 1.75m decoupler is very hard, only a thing band under the bottom warning stripe works.

- Said decoupler is also unncessarily long for the Twin and Medium Bertha, so a shorter one would be awesome, if you can bang one together :)

P.S. the Odin is awesome :D

Hello!

When will Alternate Configs be released? I like your pack A LOT, it is ideal except for one thing: I like heavy rockets so the standart rocket parts just seem too light for me :)

Thank you very much for your work!

I can\'t find the shell/decoupler parts that goes outward and then inward towards the command module in the first picture of the OP. I don\'t think that part is even in the pack?

Sorry guys, been a bit busy with.. stuff.

Tav: Thanks, I\'ll check those out.

Shuttle: You\'re a bit crazy, these parts are hardly light; I had them heavier at one point and they just collapse on the pad. Its not likely to make a comeback...

Olsson: Thats the 1.25m shrouds, they\'re build for the Odin craft, and are currently in the zip file with it, not in the main Novapunch zip; Odin is on the front page as a separate download.

Heh, sorry for the lack of updates, been a little busy lately.

I pretty much have the next version ready; I am just waiting for 0.15final come out so I can re-build the example craft files (sorry, the .craft files were changed by the game update this time, not me.. :P )

No ETA on that of course, but it shouldn\'t be too long.

So KSP 0.15 is out, and I have released NP 1.2 Alpha; Here\'s the changelog:

NovaPunc v1.2alpha

-------------------

-Added 2 new 2m engines and 1 new 3m engine

-Added a new larger 1m lander fuel tank

-Tweaked crash resistance of 1m short tank and aerospike engine

-Added another new OmniBertha mesh - this one should load

-Tweaked Odin and Thor lander legs (Odin leg currently doesn\'t work until Multijoint plugin is updated)

-Added a new 1.75m sleeve shroud decoupler

-Tweaked a few parts for collision issues

-Rolled the Odin OTV and associated parts into the main download

This is mostly a compatibility release for 0.15; I haven\'t began any work on using the new features, but there are some cool things I can do. More on that later.

Odin\'s telescoping legs currently do not work; it needs an updated version of sarkun\'s plugin; As soon as that comes out you should just be able to plug in the DLL and it will load.

As always, report any issues!

The SSME-derived is the 2meter BeatCat Tri-nozzle, it\'s named correctly.

It looked like I forgot to finish the config for the 5x Bearcat though, it has the same text as the actual Matriarch (the one in Omni Bertha folder, replaces the old SIDR N1 rocket engine) - numbers are right, just the flavor text.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.