[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

First of all, let me congratulate you for this awesome parts pack.

It really made this already awesome game even more awesome for me, being able to build realistic rockets and all.

Keep up the great work :)

Second:

I downloaded the new version of this pack along with 0.15 and when I wanted to send my first probe to Minmus, I noticed something strange: If I attach 5 M50 liquid fuel engines to a 10000t fuel tank via an adapter plate, they only burn very little fuel. Approximately 25t a second. A similar engine configuration, like one Matriarch, burns far more than 100t a second while not producing as much thrust.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug relating to the adapter plates? Could it be that it\'s calculating the thrust of five engines but the fuel consumption of only one?

Edit: I did some simple tests and it seems my suspicion was right. Any engine-adapter combination will result in fuel consumption as if there was only one of the engines.

Aha, knew I forgot something;

Harvester changed some things with the fuel logic during the test phase, and we found this issue on the Tri-coupler; there\'s a new config parameter to make sure parts with multiple nodes work properly with fuel feeding.

Try adding this at the bottom of your standard part parameters of the adapter plate(s):

// keeps fuel from flowing FROM the bottom nodes (prevents stack imbalances and such)

NoCrossFeedNodeKey = bottom

I\'ll of course test it here and include it in the next update.

I seem to have a problem with fairings. I cant get them to decouple.

Because you\'ve got the fairing separation decouplers and the craft separation decoupler on the same stage; remove the fairings, then separate the craft.

Because you\'ve got the fairing separation decouplers and the craft separation decoupler on the same stage; remove the fairings, then separate the craft.

Thanks, cant try it now, but i will soon.

For the most visually impressive effect, use multiple short fairings instead of long ones, and put each pair from the tip down on its own stage.

Wobbles a bit, but its worth it when you unpeel :D

@Tiberion, I love the new stuff, is there space in the 2m decoupler for another node so the Bearcat has one at the proper distance? Not that chequerboard impairs performance, but it sure would look nice :D

Also, interesting to see what C7 did with the Aerospike engine that\'s now in the default - its really heavy at 2.5, but he upped the efficiency, 225t for 7.6b. I have to say I prefer Captain Slug\'s model, its more Kerbal :D

Heh we have been having some \'discussions\' about how an aerospike should perform compared to normal rocket engines. The Slug engine is a truncated spike, which will make it lighter than the full spiked stock engine C7 made, but less slightly less effective, so we\'ll see.

Should be easy to add another 2m node to the decoupler; I\'ll have to look at the 2-3m one as well.

Trying to wrap my head around Unity+Partlab currently, so I can get the Odin leg working with a normal animation rather than a plugin. So updates to this and Tiberdyne may slow down whilst I learn more things. :)

Something weird with C7\'s Aerospike, it\'ll attach to the bottom of all vanilla tanks, but in NP it fails to attach to

• [li]FL-S100L[/li]
    [li]Yawmaster R25[/li]
    [li]NovaPunch Series Lander Tank[/li]

Works fine with these however:

• [li]FL-R25[/li]
    [li]HH-77 Insulated[/li]

Some mesh voodoo I guess?

Interesting, the three that don\'t work are some I adjusted the meshes on (or created myself) - mine tend to be a bit more 'snug' than some of the old parts.

Try opening the aerospike cfg:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

Set to:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.27, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

and see if they snap on; if they do see if they wobble on the ones that already worked; gap should be small enough to be fine.

I\'ll confirm it here later when I get a chance.

Interesting, the three that don\'t work are some I adjusted the meshes on (or created myself) - mine tend to be a bit more 'snug' than some of the old parts.

Try opening the aerospike cfg:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

Its not that. :o

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

Edit: At 0.02 the gap is rather noticeable, but it does join with the previously offending tanks.

It was delayed, until (hopefully) 0.16

Well I\'m hoping that the DADS (Docking thingy) in this pack will work for later versions if I build a ship now using it, will it work?

I\'m trying to make a mun rover and then in the next patch fly a extract ship there to pick it up, and use docking somehow to attach them together. But at the moment there are only vertical dock points and no horizontal ones if you know what I mean so I\'m having some design issues. :D

Likely not, sorry.

Taverius: I tested the release version in 0.15 and the aerospike snaps to all of the tanks you listed; I think you may need to clean out NP and reinstall the new version.

Likely not, sorry.

Taverius: I tested the release version in 0.15 and the aerospike snaps to all of the tanks you listed; I think you may need to clean out NP and reinstall the new version.

Well then since you\'re such a pro at modelling and making this shit. Will you be able to make a horizontal docker of some sort after 0.16? For a thing that I mentioned above or other uses. I know the mun rover on the Apollo missions was like lowered out of the landing craft, stuffed in really tightly and it was like pushed together sorta thing if I\'m not mistaken.

Having 2 issues here...

1: Wobblies between SAS modules and fuel tanks. Am I an idiot here? Or are the Nova and Punch parts incompatible?

2: Can\'t for the life of me figure out how to keep fairing panels from coming slightly open when under thrust... tried struts and there\'s nowhere to connect them it seems.

After installing .15, I deleted all my parts (idiot me), and am now trying to get them all back and working again. One of my ship designs that I\'m loading says: 'Part NPLEMRCST is missing.' I\'m assuming this is a NovaPunch part, but no matter how many times I reinstall it, I get the same error. Can anyone confirm that it is indeed a part of this pack? Or is it something else I\'m just not finding?

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.