Customizable Solid Boosters

Hi dev team,

Fist of all thanks for the great work you've done already. It's a pretty awesome game, and it helps me forget about my frustration of aerospace not being funded enough. :D

Here's my suggestion:

At the moment we have access to 2 solid boosters, which kind of limits the possibilities since you have to multiply the boosters to achieve your goal. I would love the idea of doing our own booster. To make it not to hard to design, this could include parameters such as:

• Length of booster
  • Diameter
  • Grain geometry (star-shaped, cigarette burning type, or a simple circle for example... => gives you basic thrust profiles)

Thanks and keep up the good work!

I think many part types could become parameterized like this; stacking liquid fuel tanks being a prime example. This could compress the part list significantly and make things easier to find. In the short term a new dynamic fuel tank part wouldn't need to be created; the existing fuel tanks could be put under a parameter selection interface.

I think a few solid fuel engines should be added. That would make KSP much more realistic. There are 12 liquid engines and only 3 solid. It's annoying. There are a lot of solid-core rockets like Vega, Ariane6, Taurus, PSLV. I don't like using mods but i have to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.