Silisko Edition and Probodobdyne spacecraft exchange

derhp

Silisko edition is great. The Satellite construction kit made it better. It allows you to make rockets for almost any task, while retaining a 'that\'s Kerbal!' quality.

So I made this thread to show off your Silisko edition crafts. Whether it\'s designed to take you to the mun, orbit the Sun, or head out into the Deep Dark, post it here.

Compliments and constructive criticisms are welcome. If you\'re posting a rocket, make sure to say what it\'s purpose is (IE, mun shot, sun shot).

I\'ll go first.

This is a successful Mun candidate. I have dubbed it the 'Funtimes' for it is fun times. Design concept was thus, 'My computer runs KSP like shit with a high part count rocket, so make a Mun candidate with the least amount of parts'. The pay off was this is by far the lightest mun candidate I\'ve made with any pack. With proper throttle control it gets to LKO by the time the core stage LFE has burned out.

0LZ0k.png3EnJ4.jpg

Well, I have my Surveyor:

BX3hm.png

It has no lift stage as yet, but it is good for 'purposeful' landings on the Mun. It lands, takes a geological sample, then propels into low orbit to take topographical maps and local star maps.

It has no launcher as yet, for customisable mission loads, for different targets(Other planets, if added.)

Here\'s my latest baby. Easily enough power to get the lander hurtling toward the mun at crash speeds.

In theory there\'s enough fuel left to land on the mun and get the kerbals safely home, but this has not yet been independently verified.

Just gotta watch the overheat potential on that first stage. I go full-bore until It\'s about to explode, then back off to 2/3 power and it runs out of fuel about the same time the boosters run dry, just past the first atmo barrier. That\'s when I turn off SAS, stage, and head east at a 45-degree angle with just the 2ndary boosters. I keep the engine on at a low rate to help with steering. Once the 2ndary boosters are gone you should be out of atmo entirely, which is when it\'s safe to throttle all the way down and jettison the fairing. Once you hit apokee, thrust prograde until you\'re at about 3100 robital speed, that should get you a mun intercept.

screenshot0.png

Got a chance to play with 0.9 this weekend. Did a mun shot to see how the mass tweaks affected things, found I had a bit more delta v than before. Sent myself to the Mun, got there and...

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

iSF9W.png

8) ;D 8) :D 8) ;D 8) :D 8) ;D 8) :D 8) I TOTALLY MEANT FOR IT TO DO THAT! 1qjIs.jpg

:\'( RjzUv.jpg

The idea was to tip use RCS to move myself to a peak, and carefully tip myself back up. Went to fast, got some air, and boom.

Also...

qtKBd.png

Silisko 0.9 broke my hugely successful Bravo series. Charlie was an attempt to rebuild Bravo. It failed (kept falling apart on the pad). Delta was moderately successful, but couldn\'t quite get enough power (in a stable configuration) to get to the mun. Kept spinning uncontrollably in the upper atmosphere.

Echo series improved slowly but now I have Echo Eight B, which is a reliable munar exploration package. But that\'s boring.

So I used the basic E8B vehicle but changed out the payload so Foxtrot Two can drop a satellite in munar orbit and then land to watch it float overhead. If anything, it\'s actually easier to fly now!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.