How do you locate the Easter Eggs now?

Open the ISA map while in game, click Kerblopydia (something like that) and click settings, you will see the option.

Thanks, but unfortunately the button to open that ISA mpa menu seems to have disappeared. I have a sattelite dish on my rocket that keeps aiming for Kerbin, but I can't click anything to open ISA map

Edited by Tidec
spelling

Thanks, but unfortunately the button to open that ISA mpa menu seems to have disappeared. I have a sattelite dish on my rocket that keeps aiming for Kerbin, but I can't click anything to open ISA map

It should be a little compass icon floating down in the bottom left near the pitch/roll/yaw indicators. If that's not there, reinstall mapsat.

The 'automatically update hilo.dat' option is buried in the kerbalpedia, in the settings submenu. It's a checkbox that pretends to be a radio button. defaults to off (because it can take some time to regenerate the file). What you want to do is install ISA if needed, then turn that option on, then delete hilo.dat from ISA's plugindata folder. next time you load a craft with an ISA unit on it, it'll hang for a short time while loading, that's it regenerating the hilo.dat. when it comes back up it SHOULD be correct.

Note that it won't affect existing maps (which are images), so you'll have to rescan to use the new height data.

I removed it, reinstalled it, started game, but still had the same problem

Then I took a good look at exactly where I was supposed to install the files. It seems that I previously just threw the 'Parts' and 'Plugins' directorys from the zipfile right into the existing similarly named directorys of my game. But no, you need to take the whole 'Innsewerants Space Agency' directory into 'Gamedata'. I did that, and now it works. I'm scanning correctly now and I have the compass icon with all its options. I'm also starting to wonder how I ever managed to get this plugin working at all in the previous updates. I have always installed it the wrong way but only with this update did I had to install it the right way to make it work again. Thanks for the help !

I removed it, reinstalled it, started game, but still had the same problem

Then I took a good look at exactly where I was supposed to install the files. It seems that I previously just threw the 'Parts' and 'Plugins' directorys from the zipfile right into the existing similarly named directorys of my game. But no, you need to take the whole 'Innsewerants Space Agency' directory into 'Gamedata'. I did that, and now it works. I'm scanning correctly now and I have the compass icon with all its options. I'm also starting to wonder how I ever managed to get this plugin working at all in the previous updates. I have always installed it the wrong way but only with this update did I had to install it the right way to make it work again. Thanks for the help !

Yeah, that's the new mod install procedure as of 0.20. Throwing it into the 'plugins' and 'parts' folders in the root KSP folder is the old procedure. Basically, in 0.19 and earlier, that's exactly how it was done. Gamedata thing only got added in 0.20.

Just make sure you update hilo.dat, or your oceans on kerbin will be mostly black, and the mun will be mostly white on your maps

Can someone confirm that the Arches and the Memorial are still above the surface? I've had no luck finding them, and it used to be very easy.

Somebody posted a picture of the Memorial the first day, noting that's it's inside a smallish crater now.

FWIW, the saucer is still there.

Somebody posted a picture of the Memorial the first day, noting that's it's inside a smallish crater now.

FWIW, the saucer is still there.

I've got a rover wandering around where it used to be... and can't find it. are you saying it's been moved? if so where? link to that picture if you can please.

You should be fine, the hilo file is not created until the first time you run the game with ISA installed.

EDIT: I was wrong, here is the path to the file to delete it.

GameData - Innseweeants Space Agency - Plugins - Plugin Data - ISA_Mapsat, in this folder you find the hilo file. Delete it and start your game.

Sorry about that, glad I double checked.

I was the one that came up with deleting it in the first place. :P

And yes, the download contains an outdated hilo.dat. The plugin can make a new one but it doesn't seem to like to update it if there's already data there for the planets in question, or something.

Also, the option to update hilo.dat isn't on by default either, I might turn it on before deleting the hilo.dat file.

My thanks as well! I just installed MapSat in my new install of 0.21, made sure to enable autoupdate of the hilo.dat file, and couldn't figure out why my map of the Mun was mostly white. I guess this means I have to run the mapping mission again now ...

Also, I can confirm as well that at least the two munar arches near the equator are still visible on the surface. I made low passes over both of them while searching for a munolith. (And still haven't found a munolith; I kind of crashed while trying to land at one likely location and nearly lost Jeb...)

Can someone confirm that the Arches and the Memorial are still above the surface? I've had no luck finding them, and it used to be very easy.

I found two of the arches. One was normal, and the other side had one end floating in the space above a new crater.

One of the munoliths though was floating above the center of a 4km deep, 1km radius glitchy hole in the ground. It was a real pain to find

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.