Kerbal Community Build Program

Nauthy

Hey there everyone, how's it going!

I'm very happy to finally announce the start of the KCBP! It's been in the planning stages for a while, but now that 0.21 has dropped we're able to get started! Essentially the KCBP is a collaboration, in the vein of the IYSS, between many minor YouTubers. Our eventual goal is to populate the Kerbol system with a variety of stations and bases. The first part of the project will focus on building two stations in Kerbin orbit, one as a refueling depot and another as more of a proper science station. The second phase will be on Minmus, setting up an orbital station and a ground base.

We have a thread already set up here with a ton of info about the project, this one will be here for the submissions. I, as well as our guest Goosexi (and possibly others), will be keeping an up to date playlist on our channels. I will also update here every time a new module goes up.

--------------

Videos:

Second Phase:

- dharak1

- Nauthy

- Cooly568

- CakeNinjaProductions

- The Destroyer

- Spyritdragon

- leax256

First Phase:

- Nauthy

- Jm419

Fuel Depot Core - TheCanadianVendingMachine

- dharak1

- The Destroyer

- Cooly568

- leax256

- TheTriniFlyer

Xenon Storage - Holo

Fuel Depot Docking Arm - esinohio

Mass Relay Module - Spyritdragon

- Goosexi

- Nauthy

Playlist here:

Reddit thread: http://goo.gl/YAfDzL

--------------

Project members:

Team 1 (Orbital Station):

Nauthy - YT

WhiteWeasel - YT

CakeNinjaProductions - YT

leax256 - YT

Goosexi - YT

Team 2 (Ground Base):

dharak1 - YT

Cooly568 - YT

The Destroyer - YT

Spyritdragon - YT

TheCanadianVendingMachine - YT

Holo - YT

Everyone's looking forward to hearing all your feedback!

Edited by Nauthy

Since I'm going last on the propellent depot, I made a propellent lifter to top off the entire station after I attach my module.

The goal was to launch up two Rockomax 64's, I think I might've gone overboard with my asparagus since I ended up with double that.

034ELO5.png

MOAR FUELZ Hooji! :cool:

Good Lord Man! I have trouble getting one big orange tank into orbit.... any Pics of the whole launcher?

When my video is done then you'll see the finalised launcher. It's nothing special, just the same booster segment on the previous screenshot in dual layer six-fold symmetry. Not super efficient since it ends up carrying dead tank mass on the top of the booster stacks, and the LV-N's are never used. Docking it is a bit wonky though, need to sort out that. And I don't know what docking ports the final depot will have available, or how much propellent I'll have to fill it with, so might have to change it further from that.

Kerbal Community Build Program Episode 001 is finished:

Also, my Youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/kermanbros

I'm uploading two persistence files, one with the launch stage included and one without, so whoever follows me can choose which to use; one of them has engines so it can be moved on its own, while the other one has had the launch stage deorbited.

With engines:

http://www./download/0515qj5ch3mf1tw/Jm419_Persistent_File_%231

Without engines:

http://www./download/3k9wg6s19e45sru/Jm419_Persistent_File_%232

I also have my command core craft file available:

http://www./download/10t7iovhgikpoxh/KCBP_-_Command_Core.craft

Although It will be a while till I will go I would like to point out the fact that I'm in the process of moving so I might be a few days without Internet. also like the vid, didn't know hitchiker iva was added.

Holy crap Hoojiwana, that's a whole buttload of fuel! Now I feel the need to launch as many orange tanks as possible in one go and enjoy the ensuing chaos. :D

And nice video, Jm419! That's a neat touch with the command center, though I do feel kinda bad for the poor Kerbal that gets stuck facing the sun, hehe. Actually, Jebediah probably volunteered for that seat, so it should be fine.

Nice core Jm, using cupolas as they should be used!

Holy crap Hoojiwana, that's a whole buttload of fuel! Now I feel the need to launch as many orange tanks as possible in one go and enjoy the ensuing chaos. :D

Yeah I figured the propellent depot will need a fair bit of topping off after people are done with it, depending on how many Rockomax 64's people stick on it for their modules! I've made a little docking test rig to help me work out the kinks in the tanker. Tried with and without the lever-arm on the RCS translation with finetuning on, and it works amazingly well.

Heya guys, just wanted to give everybody a quick update. The fuel depot core has been uploaded by TheCanadianVendingMachine and it's available for watching here. Check it out! I really dig how the docking ports and solar panels are set up. It's a pretty funky design while still remaining fully functional. Good job!

Next up will be AustralianFries with the second module for the science station. Looking forward to it!

New module just added by The Destoyer, check out his video!

And heya Cooly! I was actually about to PM you (and I will anyways in case you don't get a chance to check the thread) to see if you were able to go next. Kind of short notice, heh, but it's no biggie if you take a couple of days with your build.

Keep up the great work, everyone! It's nice to see the stations starting to take shape.

Nice, can't wait to see that telescope module!

You can find the save file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvzpt1drw0xid8w/KCBP.rar

Just copy the "default" folder into your KSP install folder -> saves folder. Rename it if you need to, since it'll overwrite your current "default" folder. It should work just fine on a Mac, pretty sure the persistance/ship files are compatible across operating systems.

Edited by Nauthy

Great module, leax! It adds a few necessary things to the station (ie. solar panels and smaller docking ports) in a nice compact package. I also very much enjoyed watching all those failed launches :)

thanks it was fun to make. any comments for the audio quality and choice of the music?

The music choice was very good, it fit perfectly with the video. Audio quality was good too, though I found it maybe a bit too low. Not a huge deal, though, and the build itself was wicked.

And great job on the cool cinematic video, TheTriniFlyer! One of the most original ideas I've seen for a module so far :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.