Plugins don't work .21

TolgaK

I've installed numerous mods the proper way. The parts are always installed but the plugin functionality is absent, so I delete them. I'm trying to do this with MechJeb right now. As I understand, I'm supposed to put the MechJeb folder, after unzipping, into Gamedata. The MechJeb part appears, but there is no UI to run it with. Is there a step I am missing?

Many mods with plugins tend to not work/work properly with each new update. Uninstall all plugins and wait a bit for the mod developers to bring out an update for the new game version. Parts always work since they are just parts.

Ok solved it I have had this issue before but could not remember the solution until now. What you need to do is go to the folder where the game is installed and right click on the folder where the game is installed and click properties, then in the security tab click edit. highlight users (yourname-PC\Users) then check allow for all permissions for Users except the Special permissions which is greyed out. Once done click ok then delete and reinstall mods. Windows 8 is a bit clunky with default permissions compared to 7 and blocks plugins in Program Files (x86) and all its sub directories by default.

Edited by grovest4life

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.