Kerbalizer in KSP Game? Custom Tools and utilities for each Kerbal?

I'm sure they're going to add this sometime, but if Kerbals had a randomly generated look, what categories would you want? Like: Glasses, Eye color, Hair Color & Shape, SpaceSuit color. And what would you want in those categories. (You won't be able to customize the Kerbals, it would generate it from different parts)

Also with the training update soon to come, Would you want Kerbals to come in with different skill sets? What if you could assign Kerbals to a certain job based on their skill sets, (Pilot, Engineer, Co-pilot, Medic, Etc.) and Kerbals get more skill when completing a mission successfully.

Also Kerbal Health meters, and Kerbals can pass out due to large g-forces.

Also, with the slightly implemented repair function, Would you want custom spacesuits for your Kerbal? (Not for decoration. For something like: Max temp it can endure, how much damage resistance or impact resistance, jetpack power, thorough tool set, mobility rating, (How fast Kerbals can move in your suit) Suits being able to rip, (Will have a timer until your Kerbal is eliminated) Oxygen tank size, (will say how much oxygen left) G-force resister, (Keep Kerbals from passing out.)

atmoshpheric pressure, (can eliminate your Kerbal if not controlled.) HUD setup, Minimap setup, and suit thickness. (Defends against suit ripping) You will customize suits and there will be a default (you have to research and upgrade suits with money.)

What do you think?

Edited by Alex_Leonardo

I think a lot of the kerbalizer features are suitable for KSP. Things like glasses, hairstyles and colors and things like that would be great. I think they plan on letting you import characters from the kerbalizer into the game, but that's probably one of their lowest priorities.

As for skill sets and customizing your space suit...I'd like all of that because it adds a /lot/ of depth to your kerbals and individualizing them, but I think those types of features might be beyond the scope of KSP. I mean, I'd be completely okay if we could just change the primary and secondary colors of our suits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

SKILLS are partly randomly generated, partly trained, and partly earned after returning from missions.

Science Skills allow a Kerbal to "notice" extra science normal Kerbal's wouldn't, giving a reason to revisit planets with a fully equipped team. All skills are ranked 1-5.

Geologist

Marine Biologist

Astronomer

Meteorologist

Psychologist

Historian, TV Reporter, Lab Janitor, etc…

Endurance Skills allow Kerbals to survive EVA and flying better. All skills are ranked 1-5.

GForce Resistance

Impact Resistance

Reflexes (recovery time from ragdoll)

Athletics Skills are for moving faster. All skills are ranked 1-5.

Running

Jumping (jumping would be tweakable, for low gravity planets)

Climbing (for slopes)

SPACESUITS can be unlocked, upgraded and assigned to a Kerbal before a mission. Each spacesuit model would have different stats ranked 1-5

Headlamp

RCS

Mobility

Durability

Each spacesuit would also have certain (or lack certain) capabilities

EVA: Atmosphere, Water, Vacuum, Extreme Heat, Extreme Cold.

Abilities: Parachute, harpoon, tether, magnetic boots, etc.

TOOLS are stored in parts before a mission. An example of a tool that is already in the game is the “Flagâ€Â

Flag

Duct Tape (fix wheels, chutes, etc.)

Ground Lamps

Wrench (change the SECOND point a strut/fuel line attaches to)

Blowtorch (destroy a part)

There are two problems with the Kerbalizer as it stands:

1: It doesn't do anything useful for me personally. I used the free version once, and it did enough as it stood.

2: Even if I did want to buy it, it's not on Steam. This makes it much more inconvenient for me to purchase it.

If the kerbalizer integrated with KSP, and #2 was addressed, well... do you want some more money from me Squad?

[EDIT]

I meant to say, I like the idea of upgrading the suits as well.

Edited by pxi

• 3 months later...

@RedPine

Skill system & experience was also a suggestion here and here. Maybe we could merge those ideas into something that gives Squad a good idea how it could work, or some willing modder a guideline?

As for personalizing, I think colors and accessories isn't really that important, but I do like the idea of this thread, to give the space suit equipment.

Also with the training update soon to come

wait, what? Seriously, who said anything about a "training update"?

Beyond that, Kerbal gear, up-gradable space suits, etc, would be great. I just don't think we'll ever see it in stock.

And I think the "random" kerbal accessories (hair, glasses, etc) is basically the same as personalized kerbals, so also wouldn't expect it to be in stock. Though apparently they're planning on adding "Girbals" so who knows.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.