Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

If you ask me this real time multi player combat will be the death of the fleet battles lol. I want to know hoe you guys are going to shoot each-other down? The missiles are already as inaccurate as can be and even if you try to hit people with a smart missile its like hitting a drunk mouse with another drunk mouse.

If you ask me this real time multi player combat will be the death of the fleet battles lol. I want to know hoe you guys are going to shoot each-other down? The missiles are already as inaccurate as can be and even if you try to hit people with a smart missile its like hitting a drunk mouse with another drunk mouse.

I did a few test runs where I lobbed a fighter at another one and then switched ships and tried to shoot it down, its hard but you can score hits. As for aviodance action, with the missiles moving so much faster than the ships it's going to cost alot of fuel to dodge one...

Edited by Mr Tegu

Are we talking planes or ships, because ships may work to an extent but you have to get close to shoot at a target and if the move just slightly you will miss because they don't hit fast enough. Even with smart missiles the fact that your enemy is bobbing an weaving round means that simply flying to target is no longer an option. Also I'd hate to have a crash during combat, its a pain in the @&$.

Planes are just to difficult. Its hard enough to hit a stationary target with the stock missiles and bombs.

If and when they add robotic parts like the mod so you can have turrets then it will be far more effective.

Fortunately though my PC is five years old, I was able to procure a rather good collection of bits and build a stable machine that can handle gaming for at lest the next six or seven years. If you are at all in the market go on newegg.com and get the parts your self i spent less than a grand operating system and office included. Got everything for a working computer that has triple SLI, and 16 gig of ram. Not the best now but still up to par.

On a side note who wants to have a space battle. I'm waiting for wareagle this weekend but still have yet to battle anyone on his thread

I actually like apple laptops they are better than most others I have seen. As for ailenware computers, ever since they joined with the evil Dell from hell i lost track of what they do. I don't like my computer being controlled by Asmodious.

How does 200 tonnes sound, and no, I don't think any special rules are necessary. Can you setup though?

EDIT: I think 'round 4-5 ships should be fine for that weight limit.

EDIT EDIT: I hope your ships aren't too part-heavy, about 300 parts should be fine, if they are at a distance.

Edited by Deathsoul097

My headset just went out. Don't ever buy red samurai PS3 headphones from gamestop. It's a blue box and regardless of the name they are made by some overseas company for gamestop so are a gamestop brand. It is the second pare and lasted me two months before becoming useless. I returned the other ones after a month and a half.

Where is Eons Drift?

It is a tabletop game I created centered around a near future war in sol. the drift refers to using a planet as a slingshot and is a manuver that many take to get to the outer planets faster. Eon is the name of the main capitol colony on mars.

Persist: http://www./download/562gqjjoz6ejfs6/persistent.sfs

The Knight of the Round fleet moved into position over Duna for combat, with the Icaruga Class Bizmark, and the Icaruga Class Suzaku moving into the battlezone. Burai Classes Gino and Anya moved into a 100km orbit to act as a Reinforcement group. The Bizmark Fired two SMS class missiles at the ACC - Naver, the first removed one engine, the second only scratched the armour plating of the Naver, and caused no visible damage. 1st turn completed for the Black Knights.

EDIT: I am simply trying to write this like a mission report, sorry if it is too close to RP.

EDIT EDIT: Updated avatar to company flag. Also, if you are interested in the naming scheme, I have named everything after the characters, mechs and groups featured in the popular anime Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

Edited by Deathsoul097