KSP Embroidery!

ben_kapitan

So tonight I decided to transcribe my esteem of KSP into a patch. I decided to go with the KSP logo to begin with, but will be making some designs that commemorate Jeb and his various misfortunes. If you have any ideas for patches, post them here and I'll see what I can do!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the logo translated from an image online. This took a good hour to get juuuuusssst right.

432415.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sew that bad boy!! I used sailcloth has I have tons lying around, and as this is a trial-run of a new design, It needs not look professional.

IMG_20130728_024918_830.jpg

All done! Next time I'll use decent cloth that wont frey around the edges and up the thread density for added detail.

IMG_20130728_030133_715.jpg

IMG_20130728_180604_467.jpg

Edited by ben_kapitan

Wow, that's really fantastic, if something like that was in the store I'd love to buy one! And since you want suggestions, the logo from the "Retro" flag would make a great patch, I think.

Anyways, keep up the good work, you've got quite the talent!

Wow, that's amazing. Do you have to do that manually, or is there some kind of robot machine that works off the computer design. Either way, I'm very impressed. I made some kerbal patches once, and all I did was iron-on transfers onto white canvas. You are the real deal.

Wow, that's amazing. Do you have to do that manually, or is there some kind of robot machine that works off the computer design.

Thanks. You have to make the design in embroidery software yourself. It's like making something in Photoshop, except you export your design to an embroidery machine. My wife owns one which is how I have access to one. The embroidery machine then sews your design out on fabric according to how you made it. Its all automatic except for changing the thread colors, which I have to do by hand. That first patch I made took about 15 min. for the machine to sew.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.