How can i make kermans happy in my ISS?

TYRT

They are always screaming:[ How can i make them very happy in my ISS. Im at 1000K. Please suggest something about this:[ They are so cute that I DON'T WANT SEE THEM SAD, OR FRIGHTENED!

They are always screaming:[ How can i make them very happy in my ISS. Im at 1000K. Please suggest something about this:[ They are so cute that I DON'T WANT SEE THEM SAD, OR FRIGHTENED!

You could use the mod http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/18-1-kerbal-crew-manifest/ and edit there courage. But a non modded way is to hire someone with a lot of courage.

I had the same problem. I suspect they are scared because they are so far from Kerbin. I never did find a solution however.

I'll try approach to the kerbin. And I'll write the result here.

Mebe it is the station itself.

A very good point....

Or are your Kerbals hearing scuttling noises in the ventilation ducts, like there is.....something.....moving around in there ?

it would be great if some dev could post a short explanation and formula of their happiness :>

I'd like that too, but in the same time I'm afraid it would break the magic.

For now, we have to resort to all sorts of bizarre/funny/smart explanations to explain their moods...

And test our hypothesises in the name of fun science. :sticktongue:

Edited by el_coyoto

Maybe it's the altitude? I have a station in an almost perfect 100km orbit and one of my crew is practically overjoyed. He's sitting in the cupola with a big old grin on his face (not Jeb, just a regular hire with high courage). None of the 5 aboard look scared at all.

Every once in a while, park a decent size spacecraft within plain sight of the station and blow it up. They love that sort of thing.

i think it would be vertical velocity, if the orbit is eclipse -shaped (e*centrick or what is that word) then they think they are falling thus scared?

Well they ARE falling! :D

Also, you can edit the courage values in the persistence file directly, if you want. It's really not hard. It's labeled as 'brave'. It'll probably be a really long decimal on randomly generated kerbals but don't let that intimidate you, the big three all have values that only go out to a single decimal place. It acts like it's a percentage, so don't go higher than 1.0 or lower than 0.0. :P

Or are your Kerbals hearing scuttling noises in the ventilation ducts, like there is.....something.....moving around in there ?

Dead Kerbal Space. Where Issac Kerman goes to investigate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.