Is the KSP Community more friendly then the Minecraft community?

FiresThatBurn

KSP is more friendlier than minecraft, only because it has a smaller player base, so people know each other more. The minecraft server I play on is about a dozen people (FTB again) and very friendly, but the forums are so massive that you get lost...

Go look at the total war center forums for Rome II. I swear if you see a topic on the front page, someone is complaining about somthing somehow. From tiny details like one unit not being represented to making massive generalizations about the game because of a couple gameplay videos that were made in alpha just to show off Creative Assembly's vision.

Here at least people will answer a question and discuss thing like civilized people. The wiki historians there will tear you apart if you think that the Lorica Segmentata was the standard armor for all Roman troops. And don't even mention the fact that a North African civilization is using Indian Elephants instead of the now extinct North African Bush Elephant because then you are the son of a sodomite rapist who slaughters children by the dozen and eats the heart's of puppies from kitten's skulls.

The Minecraft community is just as good, however their moderators interpret the rules very broadly, so it's extremely easy to get banned (saying someones idea is crazy, even if you disprove the person's idea will get you banned... it's quite absurd).

yeah this is sadly a problem with many online forums. for instance, on the sega forums someone can go ranting on about how xbox360 and PS4 are just for CoD and (insert generic xbox is only for shooters comment) but I'm not allowed to call them out as an idiot when plenty of non shooters are successful on xbox

EDIT: another thing that makes this place better, you can't afford to be a D-bag to other players because this is the type of game especially with how little the tutorials cover where you will need to ask the community for help

Edited by skyace65

I run a small minecraft server privately for a few friends. I'll say that we run FTB Ultimate, and that our last "factory" was powered by a nuclear reactor and some steam turbines.

Yes, really.

The reactor is self-contained, if the steam is at full pressure it will cease reactions to save fuel (and be safe) but below a certain pressure it engages. If it ever gets too hot, it shuts down.

The breeder reactor (for re-enriching depleted fuel) is in a safe location far away, and is controlled by a lua script that I wrote :)

It's all about how you play, with that game.

(those wires on the ceiling? alarm system. If the main battery drains, the alarm goes off to attract your attention before everything grinds to a halt)

Being able to do this is what has stolen a large amount of my time from KSP. The second that I can do something like this is KSP, is the second that I cease to be a productive adult. But as far as the forums? As a non-traditional gamer, I feel more comfortable here than anywhere else on the internet. I think that the multinational community helps with the ignorance, and I can honestly say that this is the best place on the internet!

The answer to this question, is both, "No" and "Of Course it is"

The explanation for those answers is No, because both communities are just humans and a mix of humans so it can't be.

And Of course it is, because it's smaller, thus that doesn't come out so visible

As the KSP community grows it will approach any other community.

KSP Community is the friendlest I've ever, and I mean EVER seen.

/bump what TheThing345 has said. While no community is without its Trolls for the most part I've found KSP to be one big happy place to be. Maybe it has something to do with the learning curve associated with this game? It can be a lot to digest and I've fond that this community tends to close ranks and help out the beginners. Certainly the brain power lurking in this community might have something to do with its open and friendly nature. Glad to have you here!

I would say the KSP Forum community is better, because I'm not seeing "OMG UPDAT NOW OR I WILL JUST DIE!111!!" after every update of Minecraft, and I have a lot more mods than I do in KSP.

Also, people seem friendlier.

I think that perhaps the absence of multiplayer might contribute to the (over all) friendly attitude of the KSP community.*

There is no real reason to hate a particular type of person in KSP, because no one can, accidentally or purposefully, disrupt or destroy your private save file.

The types of people who gain pleasure from doing this are not interested in the game, so members of the community are not constantly suspicious of new or younger players. This is why, in other communities, people who know less about the game are grouped as "noobs" or "trolls".

I would never have gotten a rocket off the ground if it wasn't for this forum and Mr. Manley. As for other forums.. well..I stumbled into the flat earthers forum once. It was actually fun I couldn't stop laughing. The insanity is palpable.

Edited by Motokid600

Honestly the only other game forum I've read extensively was the forum for Sins of a Solar Empire, and I'd say it was just about equally as friendly as this one (I stopped playing the game when it went Steam-only). I think a lot of the friendliness comes from the small size of the community (it's harder to be anonymous), the cooperative nature of the game itself (everyone does what they want, and there's no way to ruin a player's creations or otherwise troll them), and the fact that it's so hard makes it difficult to ridicule other players for their accomplishments (or lack thereof). That said, we have to recognize that we do have flaming and other unfriendly behavior, as well as outcries for/against the devs (just look at the DLC/expansions fiasco). We're all human.

I do play minecraft and im 12 years old. Minecraft is just a game where a person just jump in and play.On youtube those popular minecrafters like skydoesminecraft says gold is butter and in my summer camp the kids play the mobile version of minecraft. I saud that is a gold ore they say is butter and its like a cult or something...

Recently, I have came to thought of that too One of are(my) long term KSP community friends: kurtjmac and his friends of the Mindcrack group (a private server of youtubers). Have got lot of hate for the last couple of months. Like to many people mad at this or that and it is a much more brutal comments especially Reddit. Also I have seen that popular Minecraft youtubers like SkydoesMinecraft get people a crazy about Butter this and Butter that and it is so stupid that people get so mad at something some Dumb youtuber (mainly Sky) said. But to all the haters out there that hate me or other peoples opinions go POUND SALT and I don't care! It's really sad that it is so easy for people to type so much hate about eventually you will later in life do other things that you will forget about Minecraft or Butter. So live your gaming days to it's fullest, nicest,and to all Gamer's that have been hurt I am sorry. So let's spread the word: #Gamersthatcare.

Cheers,

McXenongamer

I'm not going to say my age, but it's under 18, and the minecraft community started off nice and friendly and just grew worse and worse along with the game (controversial I know) As it grew the nice people got washed out by the trolls and noobs. I hope KSP doesn't become as popular as minecraft, or the game will go downhill fast.

The MC community was as good as this one BEFORE Minecraft became a game infamously known worldwide, now it has so many trolls, whining kids it's just lost it. I think every indie game is like that, this one will remain more friendly for longer because it has a select target market that is quite intelligent and somewhat mature but still humorous. So yes.

Both. Joystick for FRB, mouse in HB and AB.

So you're one of those people. The Joystick Master Race must cleanse the world of all heretics and half-breeds such as yourself. In due time. In due time...