Life goal: Achieved! (To fly in a helicopter!)

Moach

Yes i'm pretty pleased with myself now!

yes, there are more important things I got to worry about, but it's nice to have a break from my troubles every now and then, SPECIALLY when it envolves something as cool as a free helicopter ride!

so far I have flown in all types of aircraft and rode in a glorious assortment of various sea and land vehicles - still, helicopter was high on my "do before you die" list

and yesterday, I got a chance! - I can only say: It IS every bit as awesome as I expected to be, and then a little more!! :cool:

here's me just after a 45 minute flight of awesome!

28072013%28004%29.jpg

and then I got to shoot a video of the Agusta you see in the picture (that was my ride) plus a Bell 407 taking off side by side shortly afterwards

http://youtu.be/s2ZzBAWEbEw

Alas for me, I didn't get to fly back home in the chopper as well; That was the deal that earned me the free ride, to drive back my step-dad's car down the traffic-jammed mountain road that leads in and out of this popular winter holiday spot (those who live in the São Paulo, Brazil area probably know already where this is) as he and my mother (same mother as Harvester's) would return with his über-rich cousin aboard this more optimal means of transportation - The drive back took me over 3 hours...

but it was totally worth it!!!

that dumb smile on my face still hasn't completely gone! - what a ride!

I know how it feels. It's such a good feeling when you finally get to do the one thing you really have always wanted to do.

On spring break my family went to Disney World in Florida and I finally got to drive an Aston Martin when we were there. Isn't it just he best feeling afterwards? That smile and giddy feeling doesn't leave you for days afterwards.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.