(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

I would like to see MCE combined with Kerbal Construction Time (KST) with settings to turn it off and on. Also, integration of the KCT algorithm into the pricing algorithm used in MCE. That would be AWESOME!!

I have tried playing with both of them on and it is a bit difficult, but doable.

Keep up the great work! Thanks a bunch for MCE.

Thats because in Career mode you have to research recycling. If you look at the MCE research tree you will see research for Recycling. You need to have enough research points to unlock it. ;)

The research tree is in the Icon that looks like Test Tubes and paperwork.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I already read that somewhere, but I forgot...

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I already read that somewhere, but I forgot...

Hmmm my understanding is that they both work pretty well together now. The latest update for KCT added support for Reverting with MCE and getting your money back.

And unless I'm missing something.. KCT delays your takeoff tiime for the vessel can be constructed.. Which in turn will not mess with anything MCE does. Once you are go for takeoff, your charged by MCE.

As for combining them, well they are two separate mods.. So :) yeah. Not really needed anymore since above seems to be true. :)

But if there are other issues please explain them in detail. I don't use KCT so I really have no idea. :)

early missions explore kerbin polar regions wont complete have landed in the right coordinates .the status window shows in red on the bottom land in biome icecaps : ice caps its not registering that im on the ice caps now this may be silly but could it be that the biome is two words ice caps and the mission is looking for icecaps all one word and that might be why its not paying me, i came on here to let you know of the bug but i think i may have now noticed the problem

But if there are other issues please explain them in detail. I don't use KCT so I really have no idea. :)

mqZWSYp.png

I took this immediately after launch. It was on a clean install (no KCT or any other mods). When in HardCore mode, it doesn't seem to be charging enough. Unless I'm just misunderstanding how the mod is supposed to work again :/

Edited by TodayIsOkay

I'm having the same problem as Proply. Whenever I launch, I'm not charged nearly enough. I was charged under $1000 for an $18000 ship. Testing it on a Stayputnik drone attached to a cheap SRB charged me a little over $200 (should have been over $3000).

I thought at first it might be a problem with one of the other mods I have installed, Construction Time, but I uninstalled it and I'm still not getting charged nearly enough.

Okay, so I messed around with it a little, and it's only a problem with HardCore mode. In normal mode, it charges the correct amount, but when HardCore is turned on, it only charges between 10-15% of the stated value of the ship.

Just to confirm, I am also using hardcore mode and this sounds like exactly the problem I have. I can even go into the list of previously purchased ships and see my $25k vessels only actually cost me 1.3k.

I would like to see MCE combined with Kerbal Construction Time (KST) with settings to turn it off and on. Also, integration of the KCT algorithm into the pricing algorithm used in MCE. That would be AWESOME!!

I have tried playing with both of them on and it is a bit difficult, but doable.

Hi, I'm the KCT developer. I'm curious as to how it's difficult to use both of these in case I need to make changes for compatibility/playability. I have played with MCE a bit (just a few hours) and found them to work quite well together. Instead of taking up malkuth's thread, I would be interested in continuing this conversation on my thread (link in my signature). KCT supports the pricing changes made by MCE to parts, which causes the build time to change as a result. It is possible that I will be spending some time soon on developing a new timing algorithm, as malkuth has provided me with a good starting point to mess around with.

And unless I'm missing something.. KCT delays your takeoff tiime for the vessel can be constructed.. Which in turn will not mess with anything MCE does. Once you are go for takeoff, your charged by MCE.

It's changed a bit since I implemented the build list (the original method just stripped out the fuel and gave it back when the vessel was complete). How it works now is that you add the vessel to the build list and when enough time has passed you are given the ability to launch it. Then the ship gets put on the launchpad just as if you clicked on the launchpad from the space center scene. After takeoff, MCE will charge you for the ship.

Hmm. I see a potential loophole like issue now that ruins some of the "realism" of using both of these together. You can scrap vessels that are completed for parts in KCT to reduce future build times with those parts. This doesn't cost anything in MCE, so you can do it for free essentially. I might, not sure yet, try charging them for the ship when it gets added to the build list and then giving it back at launch when MCE takes it (to balance the budget). Then giving some back if the ship gets cancelled or scrapped. Can you get a vessel's cost with the API (in the editor)? It doesn't appear so in the documentation. If you've got a better idea, let me know.

Edited by magico13

early missions explore kerbin polar regions wont complete have landed in the right coordinates .the status window shows in red on the bottom land in biome icecaps : ice caps its not registering that im on the ice caps now this may be silly but could it be that the biome is two words ice caps and the mission is looking for icecaps all one word and that might be why its not paying me, i came on here to let you know of the bug but i think i may have now noticed the problem

Fixed in next version.

Hi,malkuth. Thank you for making this amazing mod!

Can you add a tweak file that allow to change the overall altitude requirements in the mission packages (something like the reward multiplier in MCSettings.cfg).

I‘m now installed RSS which the atmosphere is quite different from the original Kerbal system. It takes a lot of time to change the value >.<!!

Hi,malkuth. Thank you for making this amazing mod!

Can you add a tweak file that allow to change the overall altitude requirements in the mission packages (something like the reward multiplier in MCSettings.cfg).

I‘m now installed RSS which the atmosphere is quite different from the original Kerbal system. It takes a lot of time to change the value >.<!!

I made a call out to anyone willing to give me the numbers I need to makd the changes myself. I need the atmospheric heights for kerbal. Min pea for moons and other planets.

I don't play rss so I have no idea where start.

http://i.imgur.com/mqZWSYp.png

I took this immediately after launch. It was on a clean install (no KCT or any other mods). When in HardCore mode, it doesn't seem to be charging enough. Unless I'm just misunderstanding how the mod is supposed to work again :/

Hardcore mode the only hard part is that your mission payouts are deducted 40%. There is no change to Prices of Vessel at launch.

Was a typo in the launch code for Hardcore though, should be fixed in today's update.

Edited by malkuth

Can we take up two missions at the same time? (a package mission and a contract?)

No you can only do one mission at a time. You can start a mission, get to a certain point like sending a problem to Duna... Then start another mission while the probe is on the way to duna. Finish the last mission. Go back to the duna mission and finish it off though.

Just to confirm, I am also using hardcore mode and this sounds like exactly the problem I have. I can even go into the list of previously purchased ships and see my $25k vessels only actually cost me 1.3k.

Might be a hardcore thing I will have to check it out. I think its a problem in the Recording of the cost, and not the actual cost. So in other words your getting charged correct, but the Ship Values are not being recorded correctly in the manifest.

Update: Found the issue and it will be fixed in the next update. Hopefully today.

Are there any missions designed for asteroid capture? At the moment if I want to capture an asteroid I have to disable MCE first so I don't lose money on it.

Yes the new version of MCE .60 added a new ARM contract mission. Its part of the Contract System and is randomly given to you. It also randomly gives you asteroid targets you have to capture and bring to orbit.

Edited by malkuth

Yes they are regular missions. Only everything is generated from the company offering them, to the payouts, to in some cases the planet you need to go to.

And other then Debug tools that are locked, the contracts are generated every 24 hours (KSP Earth Time) in game. And sometimes you might not get a mission at all, but most of the time that is not the case since there are 3 categories of missions and the chances of a No Contract happening to 3 contracts at once is pretty low now. You can now pretty much just time accelerate for the lotted time, and get contracts.

I've been waiting in the space-center scene for more than 16 hours (using time-warp of course) and not a single contract appears...

I've been waiting in the space-center scene for more than 16 hours (using time-warp of course) and not a single contract appears...

Should of been more clear. The time acceleration in SpaceCenter will work.. But after 24 hours you need to change scenes for the Random Generator to kick in. It only operates on scene changes.

This use to be alright and not so noticeable because you could only time accelerate in Flight.. But now.. Well its noticeable. Change scenes and the generator will kick in and give you a new mission or missions.

This is to save precious processing power. We don't want the Generator operating 24/7 in game.. That would be very very bad. So to keep that under control most of MCE operations happen only during a scenechange.

Oh PS Important before anyone reports it as bug..

Both the research Station and the Astronaut Complex DO NOT COUNT as scene changes so don't use them. ;) Your still in spaceCenter view technically when your in those stations.

Edited by malkuth

New Version .62 Released New Change Log

1. Added a New Mini window to Contracts and Mission Readout. Becomes available when in flight and a mission or Contract is loaded. You will see a new Button Called Mini. Select the button will reduce the window to a small window that only

displays mission objective readouts. you can toggle back to normal view by selecting normal view.

2. Added a debug Config Option that turns on my debug tools in settings (only available in the settings.cfg file manual change)

3. Added to bling to the Icon Buttons when you click on them they turn red meaning the window is active.

4. Fixed the Polar Landing Biome Landing in Random Missions Pack. Now Biome Should read correctly.

5. Fixed the Crater mission now there is a longitude and latitude landing box around the whole kerbin crater.. this is again in random Missions.

6. Fixed a bug in hardcore mode that you would not be charged full price for Vessels on takeoff.

7. Fixed the annoying windows disappearing when you right click or middle click the windows. (Would require a window reset to get them back)

8 Added support for RealChutes. Read Below to see how Realchutes work in MCE. Thanks to magico13 for pointing me in the right direction with what parts from Realchutes to use.

So this is how it works in realchutes to figure out AutoRecycle.
2 Values We pull from Realchutes
Deployed Area
DragCoefficient

So Deployed Area * .39 to reduce it down more to Vanilla MCE recycling Working Area. (used the Mk16 to almost match vanilla and realchutes)

Then DragCoefficient * Deployed Area = total Drag
Then every single part is individually * by total Drag to =+ PartDrag

Now we go back to vanilla Values and use Parachute drag Per ton (which is 70 default)

So if total Mass Of Vessel * 70 <= PargDrag then you get autorecyled for that part of vessel.

[B]So for example[/B]
A RT-10 Solid Fuel booster with a Mk16 Parachute (realchutes) gives us these values.

Area = 191.4408
DragC = 1
PartDrag = 191.4408
2 parts on this example the RT-10 and MK16 so both parts are added to PartDrag
PartMass .1284707 * TotalDrag 191.4408 = 24.594
PartMass .1284707 * TotalDrag191.4408 = 49.18906

So total of 49.18906 PartDrag

total Mass of Vessel is 45.7429 and is this less than 49.18906?
Yes it is. So you get the recycling back for this part of vessel.

I made this example pretty close to not passing because this is how this part works in vanilla also with these 2 parts. If you add mass to vessel (like fuel that is added to mass so be careful)

This is WIP type situation.. Im still on the fence if I should rewrite the Total Vessel Mass and Drag of 70 part of the code to fit more in line with realchutes values.. Instead of using a reducer to try and match Vanilla values. (some things it doesn't work well on like the inline chute has crazy Area).

Give me your thoughts. You can see the code in action if you use the debug Menu in Alt F12. Or the f2 debug window.

Edited by malkuth

Is it possible to tweak the probability of an ARM contract appearing based on whether or not there's a collision asteroid already coming? The reason I asked my earlier question is that my game had spawned an impact-bound asteroid on its own, and if I went to take care of it I was bleeding money doing so because a contract hadn't spawned to match up to it.

Is it possible to tweak the probability of an ARM contract appearing based on whether or not there's a collision asteroid already coming? The reason I asked my earlier question is that my game had spawned an impact-bound asteroid on its own, and if I went to take care of it I was bleeding money doing so because a contract hadn't spawned to match up to it.

No, we'll actually yes. But let me explain. The impacts are so common In ksp that it would quickly get annoying to have only arm missions generate. (Yes they are that common).

No, we'll actually yes. But let me explain. The impacts are so common In ksp that it would quickly get annoying to have only arm missions generate. (Yes they are that common).

Perhaps to handle the fact that asteroid impacts generate outside of MCE's influence there should be a repeatable, non-contract, asteroid capture mission, so you're never in a position of having an asteroid available to capture but having to lose money in order to go get it because there's no mission for it.

Uh... what am I supposed to do about this problem?

12sJNBL.png

EDIT: I found a workaround. I thought that taking off and landing again might reset the flag properly, and since the pull of gravity on Gilly is so small, I was able to "take off" without rocket engines by simply tilting back and forth to bounce the wheels against the ground. I rose up about 6 meters, and then fell back to the ground and got the landed status to show up.

Edited by Steven Mading

Yeah it was definitely KSP's fault not MCE. Other ways in which the "landed" flag mattered were also not working. I couldn't time warp or leave the craft, for example.

I have noticed things like this too, its really annoying. But again KSP glitches. The thing is its just a simple bool that checks if vessel.situations.landed must be the low gravity thing.

Thanks for this mod... lots of work there...

New installation... no menu shows up.

Interestingly, the two displays that show the vehicle cost information appeared... but nothing else. They seem to function.

And even they did not appear except when the 000_toolbar folder was also dropped into GameData.

How come there are no instructions about what to do with the 000_toolbar folder?

It's always a little troubling to see folders/files included with an install... and no mention that they should even exist, let alone what should be done with them.

Finally, does it matter if sandbox mode or career mode is run?

Any help very much appreciated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress:

with 000_toolbar folder placed into GameData, an odd black icon appears somewhere on the spaceport screen, whilst in career or sandbox modes. Clicking on this icon allows one to "Configure Visible Buttons"... which leads to a list of buttons that can be checked for display. Check all.

Edited by Ryder

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.