Best Space Program Musics

Ardent

I always get "High Roller" from The Crystal Method in my head when I'm docking around Kerban.. Just seems right ;)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Wj8GyrDU

There's a couple different versions of it.. There's one!

You got it.

Along with this song I recommend the entire Juno Reactor Beyond The Infinite album while space traveling

Wasnt there a spotify playlist on reddit recently (If yes - a link would be much appreciated).

Otherwise: just some non standard tracks i like to listen while KSPing

- FTL Soundtrack by Ben Prunty

- Fly me to the Moon - Groove Armada (+ other tracks by them)

- Avril 14th + Aphex Twin other Stuff

- Safety Dance - Men without hats ... just because

- Symphony #9 "From the New World - Dvorak

- Main Theme (Welcome to lunar industries) - Moon OST

- Weightless - Laserkraft 3d

And if you need some wub wub with a beautiful chilling at the beach undertow to listen to on repeat:

Aaron - Paul Kalkbrenner (The whole Album "berlin calling" is well suited if you are compatible to that kind of music; very minimalistic - good for background listening at low volume and bringing you into that rocket building flow).

Edited by jfx

Apollo: Atmospheres - Brian Eno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0h_jWVbw6M

Brian Eno wrote this album for the documentary 'For All Mankind' which compiled 80 minutes of NASA's Apollo footage and set it to Eno's music.

As far as I'm concerned there is no other space mission music.

Eno is number onE in my books. I've been listening to Another Green World A LOT lately.

"Space Lord" by Monster Magnet. I'm hoping someday that Danny2462 does a compilation of some of his crazier video clips with this as the background music. So many of his clips fit the lyrics so well. Especially "give me the strength to split the world in two" :)

There are a few others that come to my mind:

Klaatu - Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft

Rush - Countdown

Elton John - Rocket Man

Incubus - Stellar

Deep Purple - Space Truckin'

Police - Walking on the Moon

Europe - The Final Countdown

Boston - Cool the Engines

They Might Be Giants - Nightgown of the Sullen Moon/For Science/Destination Moon

And let us not forget Strauss' "Also Spracht Zarathustra" (the theme from 2001) and anything from Holst's "Planets"!

Is there a way to actually integrate these into the game? It's pretty immersion-breaking to have to switch out of KSP to select a song, so it kind of defeats the point of atmospheric songs in the first place.

Is there a way to actually integrate these into the game? It's pretty immersion-breaking to have to switch out of KSP to select a song, so it kind of defeats the point of atmospheric songs in the first place.

This is a worthwhile feature request, I think. I'd love to be able to mess with the in-game playlists and the events that trigger changes, like starting space music when you cross 70km. Cue the Strauss when entering docking mode, for example, or the other Strauss just before sunrise. I have a certain fondness for the Star Control II hyperspace music during high time warp, too.

Seconded! And DJ Shadow - Preemptive Strike

I'm not even a huge techno/dance guy but it fits..

On the metal'ish side.. Fear Factory - Resurrection ("TLA Rockmix", IMHO) and Type O Negative - Glass Walls of Limbo (Dance Mix) ... I'll give you a hint, it's not a dance mix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKFGnCMzSsc

The Type O song, waaaay back in college when I was doing 3D art/animation..made a pretty spiffy comet/outer space flyby scene to it.. Need to see if I can dig that up. :)

Awesome but not well known Composer Carl Nielsen and if you like Holsts Planets or a good 2001 vibe listen to this and think about the sun coming up slowly...

For those deep space missions far away from kerbal i like to listen to Mahlers 10 Symphony or Phillipp Glass

What also works well is this Playlist of Civilization 4s modern era music with a couple of great songs

Or for more modern music id recommend

motion trio - stars

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.