[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Intake has to be directly attached to precooler. octostrut wont' work, radial intakes won't work. Only stack attachment will do. rapier.cfg adds the same mechanism to stock turbojets.
Which part is that?

Ok, I found the answer, it's a part from the B9 mod that precludes the usage of radial intakes. Can KSPI configuration files can be changed so they don't change the heat generation of the stock jets? I understand it applies the overheat issues of the B9 Sabre engine to all jets and I'd rather avoid that.

So far KSPI is running fine for me, but I'm only just now getting to the Interstellar part of the tech tree. I've noticed that there's nothing in my PlanetaryResourceData folder. Should there be something there? I've been using WaveFunction's experimental version without any problems; I'm also running MKS/OKS/Karbonite (but not Kethane). Thanks.

Has anyone invested the time into putting a price on resources/fuels and be willing to share? Basically what I'm looking to do is have a profitable yet balanced mining operation to earn cash without simply adding funds, which feels like cheating to me. I know it has been said that pricing will be balanced in the future and grinding for cash/science are undesirable, but I was looking for a realistic and temporary work around to these issues. Interstellar isn't working in the science only mode and I am a fan of setting up large space stations: modular interplanetary mining/refueling/science vessels... TONS of cash... Logistically it would make sense that if a program could gather valuable resources to fund its operations it would do so and it would seem easy enough just to add a value to a few ORS resources... On the other hand, I don't want to make a mining run to a hotspot on kerbin, get back to ksp and magically have 50,000,000 either... I use karbonite as well if anyone has values they feel are reasonable for that too. Please and thank you for any input or guidance, these files aren't hard to edit, but a heads up on a respectable and balanced values would be much appreciated.

There is no released price patches for now. Reason: WaveFunction should release new "exp. KSPI 0.12" in nearest future. In this patch we should see almost total rebalance of TWR, fuel consumption, new size system (By TweakScale) and many other things, may be prices too. So creating prices right now is senseless. Just w8 for couple of weeks.

By the way I was trying to create pricelist for KSPI. But it is exist only in chart form and project is on hold for .12.

So far KSPI is running fine for me, but I'm only just now getting to the Interstellar part of the tech tree. I've noticed that there's nothing in my PlanetaryResourceData folder. Should there be something there? I've been using WaveFunction's experimental version without any problems; I'm also running MKS/OKS/Karbonite (but not Kethane). Thanks.

KSPI don't have resourse deposit for know. For example if you're on Mun you can refuel Al Hybrid Rocket Anywhere.

Edited by Meltafire

There is no released price patches for now. Reason: WaveFunction should release new "exp. KSPI 0.12" in nearest future. In this patch we should see almost total rebalance of TWR, fuel consumption, new size system (By TweakScale) and many other things, may be prices too. So creating prices right now is senseless. Just w8 for couple of weeks.

By the way I was trying to create pricelist for KSPI. But it is exist only in chart form and project is on hold for .12.

KSPI don't have resourse deposit for know. For example if you're on Mun you can refuel Al Hybrid Rocket Anywhere.

ORS uses a distribution map to resources instead of discrete pockets. Al on the Mun is widely available, but its not everywhere.

When you are talking about scale adjustments. Would you mind to make a list , when the next version is released, which parts where changed in size and which were not (So I know if the radiators on my duna mission might delete the ship )

Thank you

ORS uses a distribution map to resources instead of discrete pockets. Al on the Mun is widely available, but its not everywhere.

ORLY. Should recheck my knowledge.

Yesterday I had a battle with instaling MKS/OKS/Karbonite/EPL. May be I delete something. Should recheck it.

When you are talking about scale adjustments. Would you mind to make a list , when the next version is released, which parts where changed in size and which were not (So I know if the radiators on my duna mission might delete the ship )

Thank you

Radiators come in multiple sizes (unlike, say, the magnetometer) so I would imagine they will use Tweakscale. It looks like your craft won't make it

Ah OK, so I shouldn't worry that my PlanetaryResourcesData folder is empty. I was worrying that I messed something up while installing MKS/OKS/Karbonite. Thanks.

Ok, I found the answer, it's a part from the B9 mod that precludes the usage of radial intakes. Can KSPI configuration files can be changed so they don't change the heat generation of the stock jets? I understand it applies the overheat issues of the B9 Sabre engine to all jets and I'd rather avoid that.

not only b9 one of the stock inline intakes have that too ( u must turn of intake)

Ah OK, so I shouldn't worry that my PlanetaryResourcesData folder is empty. I was worrying that I messed something up while installing MKS/OKS/Karbonite. Thanks.

Sorry I was wrong. KSPI must have in folder PlanetaryResourcesData 2 files:

atmosphericresourcedefinitions.cfg

oceanicresourcedefinitions.cfg

Radiators come in multiple sizes (unlike, say, the magnetometer) so I would imagine they will use Tweakscale. It looks like your craft won't make it

Please excuse me if i ask something that had been answered before, but why exactly does WaveFunction (who is awesome btw) want to change that much in KSP Interstellar? Besides the obvious Cost Adjustments...

not only b9 one of the stock inline intakes have that too ( u must turn of intake)
Well, that's better. However, since I'm playing the career, I think I'll wait until the new update.

And that behavior be turned off for stock jets?

Please excuse me if i ask something that had been answered before, but why exactly does WaveFunction (who is awesome btw) want to change that much in KSP Interstellar? Besides the obvious Cost Adjustments...

Tweakscale is awesome for the fact that you can have multiple parts for one spot in the vab/sph list.

Since I activated the experimental edition of this mod (for 0.24 compatibility) my seismometers only have the stock functionality. Even those already in flight or deployed on a body. I tried to fix it by messing around with the part files but I have not found a solution.

How can I get them to work as impact detectors again?

(I'm sorry if this is a FAQ but I couldn't find an answer in the thread.)

I just installed the latest Experimental Version and was litterally shocked by the cost of the parts. I know that in Real Life parts like that would cost an immense amount of money, but for KSP it is just too high. I really appreciate all the work WaveFunction is doing here, but I think tzhe cost should be scaled down...

You can download treeloader and load kspi's tree, not that I'm entirely sure why you'd want to do that.

Slight version difference, kspi has v. 1.1.3, treeloader thread has version 1.1.5, though unfortunately this doesn't solve the science mode issue.

Is it posible to use Alcubierre Drive (Warp drive) this way?

Imagine you are orbiting Kerbin and trying to aproach the station. Distance between station and your ship is 100 km(or 30-200 km) and both objects at the same orbit. It's already not close enough for direct burn. I must do another burn, revolution and circularization to match orbit and velocity. Can I use warp drive to enclosure or it would be 99% near miss? If not maybe create that kind of FTL engines( slow enough for that kind of orbital stuff)? And call it Micro Warp Drive (MWD).

Edited by Meltafire

Main reason I was asking is I'll be moving before the end of the month and I'll be without internet for a while to check updates, download things, etc. Actually adding the value itself would take seconds per resource vs waiting weeks for a full blown patch. It's not exactly senseless considering my situation and how easy it is. RoverDude already informed me that released versions MKS/OKS already have prices implemented for ORS resources. So it's already been done, if I don't want the full blown mods I can just grab the values from them.

Edited by Pholic

I've been meaning to mention it, but a word of warning for the next version. Every part is changing so all kspi vessels will break. I hate to do it, but there is so many changes that the vessels won't likely operate the way they were designed anyway. The good news is that the parts will be much more rational now. And there are more useful parts, but MUCH less cluster in the VAB

I'm getting ready to start a space station and satellite network, both of which might require your radiators. Would it be better to hold off or just not put radiators on right now and add them later with EVA missions using KAS (assuming that's possible)

Is it posible to use Alcubierre Drive (Warp drive) this way?

Imagine you are orbiting Kerbin and trying to aproach the station. Distance between station and your ship is 100 km(or 30-200 km) and both objects at the same orbit. It's already not close enough for direct burn. I must do another burn, revolution and circularization to match orbit and velocity. Can I use warp drive to enclosure or it would be 99% near miss? If not maybe create that kind of FTL engines( slow enough for that kind of orbital stuff)? And call it Micro Warp Drive (MWD).

It would really depend on how large your orbits are in the first place. Smaller orbits means that 100km is a bigger angular difference in velocity vectors. I imagine somewhere around kerbin stationary would work since even at 100km separation you would both be travelling in relatively similar directions.

You could probably do a lot better using conventional engines, and easier since you would still have to negate the difference in vectors once you got closer.

Ran into a problem with the 62.5cm "SAFE-1500" Fission Reactor giving a "UF4 Deprived" status. I tried tried erasing the mod and reinstalling it from a fresh download to make sure something didn't get a wrong version (WaveFunctionP experimental version) and put the reactor in a new ship build so nothing would carry over with the same result. Is there a way to fix this and, if not, is it due to be fixed in the next version? Thanks :)

Ran into a problem with the 62.5cm "SAFE-1500" Fission Reactor giving a "UF4 Deprived" status. I tried tried erasing the mod and reinstalling it from a fresh download to make sure something didn't get a wrong version (WaveFunctionP experimental version) and put the reactor in a new ship build so nothing would carry over with the same result. Is there a way to fix this and, if not, is it due to be fixed in the next version? Thanks :)

WaveFunctionP mentioned every part is changing with the next version. All current KSPI vessels will no longer work, just a heads-up. :-)