[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

does this still require treeloader

It does not require treeloader however TreeLoader is required to get the tech tree. It doesn't matter that it won't load the load up the trees, you can just copy the tree.cfg in the WarpPlugin folder into your savegame folder. I'm looking into alternatives to TreeLoader for the future.

Does this version of KSPI have water re-renamed as water, or is it still LqdWater?

One of the only reasons I have still got lite installed is its ability to play nicely with my other mods. I would love to come back to the original, but this is holding me back atm.

Hi! Does anyone get the problem with alumina electrolysis? I get aluminium but no oxidizer.

Aluminium is an ALL_VESSEL resource, so it magically teleports to any available tank for it.

Oxidizer needs fuel lines running between the ISRU and the O2 tank (I don't recall in which direction).

Does this version of KSPI have water re-renamed as water, or is it still LqdWater?

One of the only reasons I have still got lite installed is its ability to play nicely with my other mods. I would love to come back to the original, but this is holding me back atm.

Currently LqdWater, but it's an easy conversion. My Community Resource Pack integration thread currently has the code to convert engines, tanks, refineries, and ground extraction to CRP 0.1.3 Water. The next update, which will synchronize atmospheric and oceanic resources as well, will be targeted to the CRP 0.2 pre-release. Until I can get that out, it should be simple enough to hand-edit the atmospheric and oceanic resource configs.

Currently LqdWater, but it's an easy conversion. My Community Resource Pack integration thread currently has the code to convert engines, tanks, refineries, and ground extraction to CRP 0.1.3 Water. The next update, which will synchronize atmospheric and oceanic resources as well, will be targeted to the CRP 0.2 pre-release. Until I can get that out, it should be simple enough to hand-edit the atmospheric and oceanic resource configs.

FYI - you can grab all of the pre-releases on both dropbox and github. This includes the transition to ORSX (so we can say goodbye to all ORS incompatibilities with KSPI), and is also what SCANSat 8.x and Cyrik's overlay project are compiling against (looks like Marce sent the pull request over today). These are pre's for testing and to give folks like you a chance to get things in sync before I officially change versions.

I think I've now crushed all the bugs that have been reported for this version so far so expect another update in the next day or two after some further testing.

Could I ask that people keep an eye out for anomolously high or low radiation levels while you're on your missions. I'd really like to expand upon the existing system of radiation belts, solar radiation, etc. The model Interstellar uses to approximate all of these things is pretty primitive so it's never going to be extremely highly accurate but it'd be nice to get close to some sensible values so that the experience is about right.

Once we arrive at globally sensible values, we can look at introducing parts to protect the crew from radiation and consequences for Kerbals and technology that are unshielded in high radiation environments as well as rolling the DT Vista radiation mechanics into the main radiation system.

This change should be considered long overdue but going to the fast inside the atmosphere without precoolers will no longer result in explosions, instead it will cause the activation of well-engineered safety systems that will prevent your engine from exploding by shutting it down at the last moment!

Hopefully this will prevent a lot of unneccessary reloading.

VcHAwRc.png

@Fractal_UK

Could you put the images in the op in a spoiler tag or an imgur album? (please) I would do it myself but it's not my post.

please allow the guy generously providing the awesome manage his own posts in the way he likes. wheaton's law applies, here, as everywhere.

Dunno if anyone else has the same issue but the 62.5cm fusion reactor doesn't work at all the read out doesn't show anything

If you dont have the fuel, it wont work. In the VAB you can use the tweakable to up it's Tritium (starts at 0), otherwise it wont have anything to run off of since it's default mode is Deuterium Tritium fusion. Not sure exactly why fractal has decided to make things work this way - I'm assuming that tritium is supposed to be hard to come by and you're supposed to have to breed it in other reactors before being able to use it, but that's just my speculation.

Dunno if anyone else has the same issue but the 62.5cm fusion reactor doesn't work at all the read out doesn't show anything

Disregard my previous post, the same ModuleElementRadioactiveDecay bug that used to be in the D/T radial cryostats is still present with the Gekko 62.5 cm fusion engine.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleElementRadioactiveDecay
decayConstant = 1.7915586e-9
resourceName = Tritium
decayProduct = LqdHelium3
convFactor = 1

Should of coruse be LqdTritium, as it is in other places. As is, causes a blackscreen on all launches until you go back to the main menu, same as the old D/T cryostat.

Is it possible to change the power priority of e.g. the Power Transmitters? Or do you have another hint on how to prevent a fusion power plant from giving away too much power to sustain itself?

Thx for help.

Is it possible to change the power priority of e.g. the Power Transmitters? Or do you have another hint on how to prevent a fusion power plant from giving away too much power to sustain itself?

Thx for help.

The fusion plants are already set to maximum priority for drawing their power so changing the priority wouldn't make a difference. The microwave transmitters are set to draw a little less power from fusion reactors compared to other types anyway but I've revised that value down a tad more for the next update, that should help.

This change should be considered long overdue but going to the fast inside the atmosphere without precoolers will no longer result in explosions, instead it will cause the activation of well-engineered safety systems that will prevent your engine from exploding by shutting it down at the last moment!

Hopefully this will prevent a lot of unneccessary reloading.

http://i.imgur.com/VcHAwRc.png

Hi Fractal

To date, I have been unable to combine a thermal turbo jet with a precooler to get anywhere near 2000m/s

While I have heard this is possible, I am yet to achieve it, is there something i am missing, or something im doing wrong, standard set up is (in order from front to back) Sabre M intake, sabre precooler, microwave receiver/reactor, thermal turbojet. This far, as soon as i get over 1100m/s the overheating starts and usually by about 1400m/s the engines have shut down.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Regards

The Gecko

@Fractal_UK

Have you got any idea what is causing the bug with the ATILLA and Plasma engines causing the power to display "NaN" and radiators to turn green and also display "NaN"?

I tested them and the other engines and the others seem unaffected, pictures in the link: http://imgur.com/a/nmJao

Hopefully you can figure it out, once this bug is fixed I plan of starting a new science career for my stream using your awesome KSPI and a whole host of other mods (mod list in channel description): http://www.twitch.tv/malus_draco

Edited by MaLuS

@Fractal_UK

Have you got any idea what is causing the bug with the ATILLA and Plasma engines causing the power to display "NaN" and radiators to turn green and also display "NaN"?

I tested them and the other engines and the others seem unaffected, pictures in the link: http://imgur.com/a/nmJao

Hopefully you can figure it out, once this bug is fixed I plan of starting a new science career for my stream using your awesome KSPI and a whole host of other mods (mod list in channel description): http://www.twitch.tv/malus_draco

It's fixed in my development version, will hopefully release that later today.

My thermal rocket Nozzles aren't working. They show Isp but Thrust and Fuel Flow 0,0.

@Fractal: I don't know whether you already fixed this but it would be great if you could have a look at it before releasing the new Version.

My thermal rocket Nozzles aren't working. They show Isp but Thrust and Fuel Flow 0,0.

@Fractal: I don't know whether you already fixed this but it would be great if you could have a look at it before releasing the new Version.

Are you sure it isn't your reactor producing no power? I'm adding a fuel deprived warning to them which had previously been missing in the update. I had a problem like this because I forgot to add a cryostat to my fusion reactor.

I'm virtually certain there is nothing wrong with the thermal rockets.

Experienced some strange problems with AIM reactor.

KHVKDbf.jpg

AV0K4F9.jpg

Producing no power, zero thermal power in description in VAB, and attached generator also show zero maximum power.

p.s. also if i attach thermal nozzle to it, it shows exactly the same behaviour as described above - zero FF and thrust.

Edited by Lightwarrior

Are you sure it isn't your reactor producing no power? I'm adding a fuel deprived warning to them which had previously been missing in the update. I had a problem like this because I forgot to add a cryostat to my fusion reactor.

I'm virtually certain there is nothing wrong with the thermal rockets.

I found the problem. The fission reactor on one of my old crafts somehow switched to the wrong fuel when I installed the new Version. I will just EVA switch it back, I have the time for this in this particular mission. I tried the rocket nozzle on a new test craft and it worked fine.

PS: How do you get these pictures in here?