[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Reposting because of no answers yet and what I said seems to have been lost in this ocean of posts: Could someone possibly provide me with a parts list for this mod ? Im trying to set my KMP server up and as some of you probably know, in order to build with parts from a mod the player needs to have put the name of all of the parts in a parts list otherwise it won't work and I really want to have this on my server.

Reposting because of no answers yet and what I said seems to have been lost in this ocean of posts: Could someone possibly provide me with a parts list for this mod ? Im trying to set my KMP server up and as some of you probably know, in order to build with parts from a mod the player needs to have put the name of all of the parts in a parts list otherwise it won't work and I really want to have this on my server.

You can easily get the part names. Open ../KSP/GameData/WarpPlugin/Parts/..

Open each .cfg file under each folder and look at the top of the file for the following:

PART {

name = AntimatterTank125
module = Part
author = zzz

The part name would be "AntimatterTank125" in the above example. Just go through each part subfolder and grab the info from each .cfg. Do not just go by the .cfg file name. As I understand it, the actual part name is contained inside the .cfg, as shown above. I counted 62 part .cfg files total, so your list will have around that number (provided I counted correctly lol).

Hope this helps!

Are the hex canisters only fillable at a thorium/uranium mine?

You can either mine more or you can launch new canisters and then dock with the vessel needing a fresh supply of fissionable materials. Just tested and while you are able to launch new half-filled UF4/ThF4 and dock them, you will still need a Kerbal on EVA to transfer the materials to a reactor. You cannot transfer fissionable fuels between canisters like you can with LOF or MonoPropellant.

Edited by Eadrom

Fractal-UK,

Please don't take offense as I think your mod is amazing, but is there any chance you could change that solid blue-purple engine cone into something that's a particle effect instead? It just looks so fake. If you can't change it to something that's like the ion drive or a blue flame exhaust, maybe change it so it's much more translucent? Like a transparency value of 85%?

What are you talking about?

Flying the science lab 'ship' sounds actually logical in order to acquire the science it has been producing, so how about instructing to fit a antenna to ship in question and simply add 'transmit collected science' on right click menu, just like with stock science, expect no penalties...<evil grin>

Flying the science lab 'ship' sounds actually logical in order to acquire the science it has been producing, so how about instructing to fit a antenna to ship in question and simply add 'transmit collected science' on right click menu, just like with stock science, expect no penalties...<evil grin>

The KSPI science lab is already insanely overpowered at generating science points. There's no need to make it even more so. lol :P

The KSPI science lab is already insanely overpowered at generating science points. There's no need to make it even more so. lol :P

Either you misunderstood him or I am misunderstanding him. It sounded like he just wants to change it so that you must have an antenna and 'transmit' the science rather than having magic science fairies bring it all home.

Either you misunderstood him or I am misunderstanding him. It sounded like he just wants to change it so that you must have an antenna and 'transmit' the science rather than having magic science fairies bring it all home.

That would work in tandem with RemoteTech. The issue is, how?

The Relay mode on the microwave power transmitters doesn't persist, but the relay still works somehow.

I have my 3-satellite power network in Kerbin geostationary orbit, 2 receiver-powered relay satellites near the Mun. My test probe still receives power when behind the moon.

Satellites connected: 3 to 5

Relay: 2

You should use use 'Activate Transmitter' button instead of 'Activate Relay'

I'm having some similar troubles. Just getting started with this mod, so bear with, please. Here's what I have:

At KSC I have a 2.5m nuclear reactor, with a 2.5m electric generator, and a transmitter. It's transmitting 95MW.

In geosync orbit, I have 3 sats arranged in an equilateral triangle each with 3 microwave receivers and 1 transmitter set to relay. One is directly over KSC and has line of sight to the transmitter on the ground. The 3 receivers are operating at 85% efficiency and have input power of 79MW, 52MW, 28MW. They each report 3 connected satellites (assume that's the uplink from KSC + each of the other geosyncs), but 0 connected relays. Each receiver reports 10MJ, and my resources are steady at 30MJ. The transmitter is set to relay but has 0 beamed power.

The 2 sats that only have line of sight to the sat above KSC shows 2 connected sats (I assume each of the other geosyncs), 0 connected relays, and 0 input power.

I'm using RT2, so I can confirm I have line of sight for communications all the way down to KSC. That's working just fine.

So, what am I getting wrong here? My expectation is that having a receiver and having a transmitter set to relay would cause it to take any power from transmitters with LOS and transmit it to any other receivers with LOS. I'm running 0.8.1 and trashed my 0.8.0 install before installing it. Switching craft, disabling all but one receiver, turning off the transmitter and turning it back on aren't working. I'm stumped.

I've got quite a bit of experience with KSP, but this mod is leaving me a bit lost, so I'm working up through a new career game and trying to implement things as I go. I intend to write up a bit of a guide to new players with the mod and hopefully ease the learning curve for some. Of course, I need to get things working first...

Is anyone else having trouble with the Microwave Thermal Receiver? Even with a transmitter pointing straight at it the power doesn't go above 0 KW and number of connected transmitters stays at 0. When I enable the Receiver I'll start to see a temperature rise from the Deadly Reentry temperature display, but no power increase.

Is anyone else having trouble with the Microwave Thermal Receiver? Even with a transmitter pointing straight at it the power doesn't go above 0 KW and number of connected transmitters stays at 0. When I enable the Receiver I'll start to see a temperature rise from the Deadly Reentry temperature display, but no power increase.

When I'm not receiving power it's because either the home reactor ran out of juice or the transmitters just take a **** and stop working until I toggle them on and off 9 times.

I've been having fun testing a thermal microwave launch system. I have 3 transmitters (each powered by a 3.75 nuke): one near the KSC, one by the island runway, and one in geosynchronous orbit above KSC. That gives me a steady 3GW of power all the way to orbit, allowing me to use a thermal rocket with no reactor or generator onboard. Great ISP and TWR. I'm quite pleased.

Does your ship have any radiators? I think the receiver may go to sleep mode if the waste heat builds up.

I'm having some similar troubles. Just getting started with this mod, so bear with, please. Here's what I have:

At KSC I have a 2.5m nuclear reactor, with a 2.5m electric generator, and a transmitter. It's transmitting 95MW.

In geosync orbit, I have 3 sats arranged in an equilateral triangle each with 3 microwave receivers and 1 transmitter set to relay. One is directly over KSC and has line of sight to the transmitter on the ground. The 3 receivers are operating at 85% efficiency and have input power of 79MW, 52MW, 28MW. They each report 3 connected satellites (assume that's the uplink from KSC + each of the other geosyncs), but 0 connected relays. Each receiver reports 10MJ, and my resources are steady at 30MJ. The transmitter is set to relay but has 0 beamed power.

The 2 sats that only have line of sight to the sat above KSC shows 2 connected sats (I assume each of the other geosyncs), 0 connected relays, and 0 input power.

I'm using RT2, so I can confirm I have line of sight for communications all the way down to KSC. That's working just fine.

So, what am I getting wrong here? My expectation is that having a receiver and having a transmitter set to relay would cause it to take any power from transmitters with LOS and transmit it to any other receivers with LOS. I'm running 0.8.1 and trashed my 0.8.0 install before installing it. Switching craft, disabling all but one receiver, turning off the transmitter and turning it back on aren't working. I'm stumped.

I've got quite a bit of experience with KSP, but this mod is leaving me a bit lost, so I'm working up through a new career game and trying to implement things as I go. I intend to write up a bit of a guide to new players with the mod and hopefully ease the learning curve for some. Of course, I need to get things working first...

If you go into your game's savegame folder, you should see a WarpPlugin.cfg file next to your quicksave and persistence files, if you open that, you should see the data for your transmitters. You should have some "VESSEL_MICROWAVE_POWER_" entries with a nuclear power = entry inside showing the reactor/generator/transmitter you have at KSC. Also, check that you have three "VESSEL_MICROWAVE_RELAY_" entries with "relay = true".

There is, however, a problem with your current setup (but what you have tested so far should be working). I am currently only allowing connections via one relay (to save calculations) so based on your current setup, you'd be better off having one of the geostationary satellites as the power source and setting it to transmit mode. You could then have other satellites in the same orbit but in different locations on the orbit in relay mode, that should let you receive the power anywhere on the ground, which I'm guessing is what you're going for here.

Ah, they all say relay = False. I definitely have clicked the Activate Relay button. That sounds like a bug. I'll set them manually in the file and see if that fixes it.

The single relay limitation is important to know. Any chance that could be a setting? Those of us with fast computers might want to put that up to 2 so that we can beam from the back of a planet to the back of a moon.

Edit:

After going back to the file, the number of entries went up substantially. Let me restart and look at it clean.

Edit:

Ok, there were 40 entries there - but I only have 4 vessels (and some flags), so I think it was writing out entries for ships that I was testing with and reverted. I had it rebuild the file and checked it after I visited each ship. The ground station shows nuclear power and relay = False (as it should be). The first satellite (A) showed relay = True after I visited it and reset the transmitter, but the transmitter showed 0MW transmitted. I set the 2nd and 3rd satellites (B,C) to relay and they showed true in the file as I added each, but at the end the first satellite got reset to relay = False.

I exited out, set all of them to relay = True in the config file, and on loading they all got set to relay = False.

I exited out again, set only A to True, and B,C to False and on loading it set all of them to False. I then manually turned relay on A and the config changed to True, but it's still not sending power.

So, I think I'm out of options experimenting with this, but the behavior is curious. A few thoughts:

1) I think you need to have a process that goes through and culls non-existant ships from the cfg file.

2) It appears you may be enforcing the one relay thing through the settings on the vessels. That's why I think A got reset to False after I set B,C to true. But some process is taking place when a vessel loads that resets the values for other vessels. That seems breaky to me.

Have you talked to Cliph about his algorithm for RT2 connections? It should work perfectly for building and maintaining the connection graph. You have a few added complication with each node having 2 net values for contributions to the network, you have a constant for a loss coefficient, but beyond that it should all be simple math to determine how much power is in each node in the network - and that only needs to happen when a ship moves behind a planet/moon or emerges from one, and that's not very often.

Edited by johnsonwax

That is what i meant. Simple and...well, kinda logical. Other option would be transfer the science to something (sic!) and transport it to Kerbin, but that could be a little too hard core... :D

Ok, there were 40 entries there - but I only have 4 vessels (and some flags), so I think it was writing out entries for ships that I was testing with and reverted. I had it rebuild the file and checked it after I visited each ship. The ground station shows nuclear power and relay = False (as it should be). The first satellite (A) showed relay = True after I visited it and reset the transmitter, but the transmitter showed 0MW transmitted.

That's fine, a relay is completely blind to how much is being transmitted. I'm going to hide the Beamed Power entry when its in relay mode in future, it's totally irrelevant.

I set the 2nd and 3rd satellites (B,C) to relay and they showed true in the file as I added each, but at the end the first satellite got reset to relay = False.

I exited out, set all of them to relay = True in the config file, and on loading they all got set to relay = False.

I exited out again, set only A to True, and B,C to False and on loading it set all of them to False. I then manually turned relay on A and the config changed to True, but it's still not sending power.

Yes, unfortuantely there is a bug (now fixed in the development version) such that the relay state isn't stored persistently by the ship. That means if you create a relay and leave it alone, it should work fine because it will read the proper state from the text file but otherwise it will get reset into transmitter mode and you'll have to turn off the transmitter and set it back into relay mode.

The one relay limit is totally unrelated to this and has nothing to do with the save file.

Here is the log

http://www.filedropper.com/ksp

I have the science overview and station science those are the only science related mods I have.

Check how your science mods are modifying the existing science experiments because you have in your log file:

[LOG 11:40:09.237] [DTMagnetometer]: Activated (forced)
[B][ERR 11:40:09.238] [R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id magnetosphericExperiment[/B]

Of course, if you go into GameData/WarpPlugin/Parts/Resources/ScienceDefs.cfg you will see...

EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
{
[B] id = magnetosphericExperiment[/B]
title = Analyse Magnetosphere
}

I'd guess one of your other mods is messing with the science experiment definitions causing the magnetometer one to be deleted.

I seriously can't figure out how to get anything with this pack's engines to even lift off, other than the DT Vista Inertial Fusion Engine. Can someone give me ideas for low tech designs in this mod?

Almost all engines without either antimatter or beamed power are usefull only in space, they have too low TWR with fission reactors to lift off on Kerbin.

For some reason, my fission reactors are disconnecting from their electric generators. The reactors still run, and so do the generators, but the generators produce no energy. Going to the tracking station and back fixes this.

Edited by Shalashalska

Made a forum account specifically to make a post here!

First of all, thankyou so much Fractal for this mod - the level of complexity this adds to KSP has made the game even more rewarding!

Now to my issue:

I have attempted to electrolise on the Mun with my Al-oxide rockets, and have come to the following problems:

- electrolysis produces aluminium, but no oxidiser is produced - attempted multiple times. (do I have to wait for all of the aluminium to be replenished before oxidiser is produced? I was expecting it to be an even split)

- running the rocket with no oxidiser still activates as "burns" aluminium as a fuel yet no thrust is achieved as it is oxidiser-deprived. Possibly just an oversight?

Made a forum account specifically to make a post here!

First of all, thankyou so much Fractal for this mod - the level of complexity this adds to KSP has made the game even more rewarding!

Now to my issue:

I have attempted to electrolise on the Mun with my Al-oxide rockets, and have come to the following problems:

- electrolysis produces aluminium, but no oxidiser is produced - attempted multiple times. (do I have to wait for all of the aluminium to be replenished before oxidiser is produced? I was expecting it to be an even split)

- running the rocket with no oxidiser still activates as "burns" aluminium as a fuel yet no thrust is achieved as it is oxidiser-deprived. Possibly just an oversight?

For the first part: Have you tried running fuel lines FROM the aluminum-oxide engines TO the electrolosizer/something in its stack? If electrolysis works like normal generators, it's consuming a negative amount of the resource; in other words it's withdrawing negative oxidizer from the tanks. Aluminum flows to the entire ship, much like monopropellant, which is why you're seeing it increase. If you run kethane, set it up like you would set up your converter lines.

For the second: That's just normal rocket behavior. Try putting a rocket consisting of a command piece, single liquid fuel tank, and a single liquid fuel engine onto the launchpad. Before you fire up the engine, disable the tank's flow of either liquid fuel or oxidizer. The engine will still consume the other resource.

In other news, I'm using the DT Vista engine with MechJeb limiting acceleration to 3 m/s2 and a joystick with the throttle all the way forwards. It's surprisingly amusing to watch the specific impulse steadily climb.