[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Im Building one of these to.

But im have issues geting the collector parts into orbit as there so flimsy.

Can someone redo these parts to look and work better in a station

Count your blessings; the real thing would be ~100 meters across. Have a look at http://www.centauri-dreams.org/wp-content/Bickford_Phase_II.pdf, particularly the summary on page 14.

KAS definitely works with antimatter. It is what I use on the ground to fill up on the pad/runway.

Here is how I did it:

http://imgur.com/a/syAv4

Still figuring out how KAS works with fuel transfers. Which components of KAS do you take (in your containers), and what do you need to do in order to be able to transfer fuel between crafts with KAS ?

Still figuring out how KAS works with fuel transfers. Which components of KAS do you take (in your containers), and what do you need to do in order to be able to transfer fuel between crafts with KAS ?

Put fuel pipe connectors on both craft, then use an EVA Kerbal to connect them. Whether you put the pipe end-points on the craft before launch or after launch is up to you. I prefer to put them on ahead of time since you can't just poke a hole in a tank in microgravity and pump fuel out. You have to design the tank so that surface tension draws the fuel to the pump. It's not so much trouble to route the fuel via internal piping once that's done, however, so I don't mind putting fuel points in other positions.

I think it has alot to do with the fact that the collector part uses the small nodes, they aren't really made for 4 Ton parts....

KJR helps alot..

So, I'm trying to do the Seismometer impact experiment, but the craft with the sensor keeps vanishing before I cant get the impact over there. I suspect the game is despawning it inadvertently. What can cause this? Its happened twice in a row here. I am playing with Realism overhaul, but I'd played that before without this problem. Any ideas on why, and how to stop it from happening?

So, I'm trying to do the Seismometer impact experiment, but the craft with the sensor keeps vanishing before I cant get the impact over there. I suspect the game is despawning it inadvertently. What can cause this? Its happened twice in a row here. I am playing with Realism overhaul, but I'd played that before without this problem. Any ideas on why, and how to stop it from happening?

Just to be clear. You don't need to impact with the sensor on the object you are going to destroy, you merely need to land a vessel with the sensor and then switch to an object that will impact the surface, range from the sensor vessel does not matter. After the impact, you can go back to the sensor vessel and collect the data.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

Just to be clear. You don't need to impact with the sensor on the object you are going to destroy, you merely need to land a vessel with the sensor and then switch to an object that will impact the surface, range from the sensor vessel does not matter. After the impact, you can go back to the sensor vessel and collect the data.

Yeah, I'm not talking about the impact vessel disappearing, I'm talking about the one that soft-landed, with the sensor, vanishing. Despawning.

I've experimented a bit, and found that the vessel only disappears if I go straight to the spaceport from it. Switching to another craft and then going to spaceport managed to preserve it. I'm thinking the seismometer, and in turn this mod, is not the culprit. Thanks for the time though.

Yeah, I'm not talking about the impact vessel disappearing, I'm talking about the one that soft-landed, with the sensor, vanishing. Despawning.

I've experimented a bit, and found that the vessel only disappears if I go straight to the spaceport from it. Switching to another craft and then going to spaceport managed to preserve it. I'm thinking the seismometer, and in turn this mod, is not the culprit. Thanks for the time though.

Maybe due to the larger size of kerbin that you have, it thinks that the craft is flying (in atmos) and deletes it?

Use extra-planetary launchpads and build it in space! :)

On solution is to send up each spoke as a seperate unit. A stack of colectors siting on an AM containment unit and a docking port is realitively easy to launch as all forces are along its centerline. Get the core of the station into your desired orbit and send up each spoke individualy and dock it to the station. As you cant strut it without another mod it will probably be too flopy to move once assembled hence why I suggest building it in the final orbit.

Then agian like someone suggested extraplanetary launchpads is also an option to just build in orbit.

Now I may be wrong, but is there beamed power in this mod, like scott manleys? When I installed the mod I did not see it.

yes this is the mod that manly uses for the beamed power. Look in the utility tab for the reactors generators trancievers and recievers. If they are not there your either in campaign mode and havent unlocked the parts or you somehow installed the mod incorectly.

Edited by merendel

Breeding rate issues aside. The tooltip explosion has commenced. I'm not convinced that this is a good solution. Maybe altogether different approach is appropriate.

{SNIP}

That looks so much better... I'd rather see lengthy tooltips that actually tell you something useful than the current system.

Do you know if it's possible to edit the wiki? There is SOME good information in there but a lot missing as well, or there was from the perspective of someone new to the mod. Would happily spend some time adding to it.

On solution is to send up each spoke as a seperate unit. A stack of colectors siting on an AM containment unit and a docking port is realitively easy to launch as all forces are along its centerline. Get the core of the station into your desired orbit and send up each spoke individualy and dock it to the station. As you cant strut it without another mod it will probably be too flopy to move once assembled hence why I suggest building it in the final orbit.

Then agian like someone suggested extraplanetary launchpads is also an option to just build in orbit.

I am sending the collectors in seperate trips. Its going to take 24 trips, but I cant even get 1 in to orbit with out it breaking in 2 then exploding(collisions).

Maybe I will use extraplanetary launchpads, was planing on using it for planetary base building.

That looks so much better... I'd rather see lengthy tooltips that actually tell you something useful than the current system.

Do you know if it's possible to edit the wiki? There is SOME good information in there but a lot missing as well, or there was from the perspective of someone new to the mod. Would happily spend some time adding to it.

Yes, anyone can edit the wiki.

I am sending the collectors in seperate trips. Its going to take 24 trips, but I cant even get 1 in to orbit with out it breaking in 2 then exploding(collisions).

Maybe I will use extraplanetary launchpads, was planing on using it for planetary base building.

So a single stack was doing the wobble wobble boom dance? you could try kerbal joint reinforcement it might make it a bit better behaved. I run KJR and had no problem sending up a 10stack of colectors siting on a 2.5 storage and a 2.5 docking port as a quick test. well no problems other than I didnt give it enough dV to achieve orbit but it got suborbital just fine. That was also with ferram to make it more intresting.

Baring that you could strut the thing. build a frame of girders from below the stack with some vertical risers. strut the risers togeather, strut the stack to the risers. Possibly even strut the lower section of the frame down lower on the rocket. many wobbly rocket problems can be solved with stratigic usage of struts.

quick question, is the ability to get science from impacts from a slightly tweaked seismic sensor, or is it a completely different (but looks the same) part? because i looked in my tabs didnt see another one, but my seismic sensor doesnt have the "record" button on it...

quick question, is the ability to get science from impacts from a slightly tweaked seismic sensor, or is it a completely different (but looks the same) part? because i looked in my tabs didnt see another one, but my seismic sensor doesnt have the "record" button on it...

It's on the ordinary seismic sensor.

intalled the mod but why do i keep crashing after it finish loading ?? im using steam btw... Im not sure how to upload pictures here but everything is inside the game data folder. whats wronggggg;.;

intalled the mod but why do i keep crashing after it finish loading ?? im using steam btw... Im not sure how to upload pictures here but everything is inside the game data folder. whats wronggggg;.;

Are you using other mods? Please use pastebin to show us the crash log in the game folder and then we can help

Have you put the KSI folders inside your gamedata correctly, and if you are using other mods you could be running out of memory. If this is the case use the texture compressor mod (google it :P) it will stop you from going over the memory limit

Have you put the KSI folders inside your gamedata correctly, and if you are using other mods you could be running out of memory. If this is the case use the texture compressor mod (google it :P) it will stop you from going over the memory limit

Well technically it wont stop you from going over the limit but you'll have to try significantly harder to go over it :P

There's too many nublets out there for you to help them all, they should learn from reading other posts/ downloading less complicated mods first (or some people are just too young to understand!)

I think that view is pretty dismissive of how complicated the mod is, and how poorly the mod communicates to the player in the game. Something that can, and is being improved, but it doesn't happen as quickly without people voicing their frustration or confusion.