[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Energy MW multiplication bug is fixed but bug with antimatter reactor\generator and thermal receiver still can produce energy from nothing.

I've checked new version on repository and I think you forgot to add new files to commit, at least these files are missing on repo:

FNResourceSupplier.cs

FNUpgradeableModule.cs

MicrowaveRoute.cs

Energy MW multiplication bug is fixed but bug with antimatter reactor\generator and thermal receiver still can produce energy from nothing.

I've checked new version on repository and I think you forgot to add new files to commit, at least these files are missing on repo:

FNResourceSupplier.cs

FNUpgradeableModule.cs

MicrowaveRoute.cs

Sorry, there were a load of missing files, I have uploaded them all now - somehow I missed the file additions trying to get the update out quickly. Now you can browse the rest of the code.

i found a terrible bug! when i mouse over isru refinery in vab, the model rapidly grows untill its covering the entire screen! and it does this wierd blinking thing! and i get out of range null reference exception thingys in the log! help! done with mostly maxed out settings

Sorry, there were a load of missing files, I have uploaded them all now - somehow I missed the file additions trying to get the update out quickly. Now you can browse the rest of the code.

No problem, you did great work for this version. Thanks for adding the files :)

I'm now getting these errors during compilation

Error 2 'FNPlugin.MicrowaveReceiver2' does not implement interface member 'FNPlugin.FNThermalSource.isVolatileSource()' D:\Github\KSPInterstellar\FNPlugin\MicrowaveReceiver2.cs 8 8 WarpPlugin
Error 3 'FNPlugin.MicrowaveReceiver2' does not implement interface member 'FNPlugin.FNThermalSource.getChargedPower()' D:\Github\KSPInterstellar\FNPlugin\MicrowaveReceiver2.cs 8 8 WarpPlugin
Error 9 'FNPlugin.PluginHelper' does not contain a definition for 'getSatFloatCurve' D:\Github\KSPInterstellar\FNPlugin\MicrowaveReceiver2.cs 223 88 WarpPlugin

Is MicrowaveReceiver2 class actually used or did you removed it from project but it remained in repo? BTW it would be nice if you could add WarpPlugin.csproj to the repo :)

Another bug:

Adding direct conversion generator and 1k battery to fusion reactor makes it able to start on it's own without any external MW input.

7QdAfXkl.png

No problem, you did great work for this version. Thanks for adding the files :)

I'm now getting these errors during compilation

Error 2 'FNPlugin.MicrowaveReceiver2' does not implement interface member 'FNPlugin.FNThermalSource.isVolatileSource()' D:\Github\KSPInterstellar\FNPlugin\MicrowaveReceiver2.cs 8 8 WarpPlugin
Error 3 'FNPlugin.MicrowaveReceiver2' does not implement interface member 'FNPlugin.FNThermalSource.getChargedPower()' D:\Github\KSPInterstellar\FNPlugin\MicrowaveReceiver2.cs 8 8 WarpPlugin
Error 9 'FNPlugin.PluginHelper' does not contain a definition for 'getSatFloatCurve' D:\Github\KSPInterstellar\FNPlugin\MicrowaveReceiver2.cs 223 88 WarpPlugin

Is MicrowaveReceiver2 class actually used or did you removed it from project but it remained in repo? BTW it would be nice if you could add WarpPlugin.csproj to the repo :)

It isn't used, just delete the file. I kept it solely for reference.

Another bug:

Adding direct conversion generator and 1k battery to fusion reactor makes it able to start on it's own without any external MW input.

Actually, this isn't a bug. I made it so that electric charge could start fusion reactors - it takes quite a lot of electric charge but I think it's less annoying that way.

I've got two things to report:

I let the antimatter tank on an antimatter-powered tug discharge after I was finished using it as a way to dispose of it. The warning countdown appeared as it should have, but when it reached zero the tank didn't explode. The tug is just sitting there with no charge in it's antimatter tanks

sniM3PC.jpg

Second, there's something off about my microwave solar satellites. I put two sats in a ~2 Gm orbit around the sun with 12 stock gigantors. They produce ~6.8 MW of power each (or about 570 kW per panel). I later installed three more sats in a ~500 Mm solar orbit with 8 of the large Near Future solar panels each. These are producing only about ~5.7 MW of power, which doesn't match. According to the VAB screen, the Near Future solar panels are rated at 72 kW vs the Gigantor's 12 kW, 6x as much. I did the math and the Gigantor sats are producing the expected amount, but the Near Future sats should be producing about 435 MW each (6 times the power per solar panel * 3/4 of the panels / (1/4 the distance)^2 = 64 times the power production).

Is this just the display bug that was happening to other people, or is there something different about mod solar panels, or is it something else entirely? I did note that the mod panels don't have a "Heat Production" line in their context menu.

h7lJoFS.jpg

Actually, this isn't a bug. I made it so that electric charge could start fusion reactors - it takes quite a lot of electric charge but I think it's less annoying that way.

It took one 1k battery only, but if it's WAD then I'm fine with this.

Second, there's something off about my microwave solar satellites. I put two sats in a ~2 Gm orbit around the sun with 12 stock gigantors. They produce ~6.8 MW of power each (or about 570 kW per panel). I later installed three more sats in a ~500 Mm solar orbit with 8 of the large Near Future solar panels each. These are producing only about ~5.7 MW of power, which doesn't match. According to the VAB screen, the Near Future solar panels are rated at 72 kW vs the Gigantor's 12 kW, 6x as much. I did the math and the Gigantor sats are producing the expected amount, but the Near Future sats should be producing about 435 MW each (6 times the power per solar panel * 3/4 of the panels / (1/4 the distance)^2 = 64 times the power production).

Is this just the display bug that was happening to other people, or is there something different about mod solar panels, or is it something else entirely? I did note that the mod panels don't have a "Heat Production" line in their context menu.

Just add more batteries :)

Ah, right. How much battery space do I need? I do remember reading about that when I made the satellites, so they already each have a 12k battery pack. I would assume it's 1 ec per kw of production, but if that was the case I would think they would be producing 12 MW each rather than a little less than 6.

Ah, right. How much battery space do I need? I do remember reading about that when I made the satellites, so they already each have a 12k battery pack. I would assume it's 1 ec per kw of production, but if that was the case I would think they would be producing 12 MW each rather than a little less than 6.

I don't know the exact number but try adding like 40k battery power and see what happens :D

ok 2 bugs to report, both ISRU related. First the ISRU refinery icon in the build tab zooms it instead of rotating and it's not limited to anything but to the edge of screen. Secondlu the part doesn't want to attach with it's bottom but other object can be attached at will... it snaps in to place though even activating part clipping does nothing.

tEOj1t4.jpg

Refinery is first part, fuel tank attached to it and "snapped to place" refineries that didn't attach

Edited by craidie

I can't seem to enable tritium breeding since .23. I thought it might be a problem with an outdated version of KSPI, so I updated - still nothing.

MBDc2Hz.jpg

I have every configuration of lithium and tritium tanks on this thing I could think of, with some He-3 just for fun.

Wat happen

I'm loving this mod more and more with each update, and absolutely looking forward to playing with all the new toys. It seems there may be a bug or two, which is to be expected, but I haven't seen anyone point out the worst of them yet: In the first screenshot in the OP, there is a typo in 'abundance'. Hotfix! New version!

It took one 1k battery only, but if it's WAD then I'm fine with this.

You have to add enough to meet the 7MW demand (for the 1.25m reactor) for a few fractions of a second, I think it's probably 3 frames, so I'd guess in the region of 500 units of ElectricCharge.

It looks like your modded solar panels are not loading the Interstellar waste heat module correctly - no waste heat module means no corrected solar power curve so you will see less power than you should. I'm not familiar with those panels though, so I'm not sure why it isn't working, can you look in the .cfg file and see if they use ModuleDeployableSolarPanel? If so, it should work.

ok 2 bugs to report, both ISRU related. First the ISRU refinery icon in the build tab zooms it instead of rotating and it's not limited to anything but to the edge of screen.

I've just been exploring this bug and I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening, it seems to still occur even if I take all of the PartModules out - in other words, remove all the references to my code.

Secondlu the part doesn't want to attach with it's bottom but other object can be attached at will... it snaps in to place though even activating part clipping does nothing.

Refinery is first part, fuel tank attached to it and "snapped to place" refineries that didn't attach

This is not a problem that I can solve, unfortunately. Only nodes along the same axis are accessible and the general consensus seemed to be after the previous update was that the side node is more useful to attach the refinery to. Once the refinery has been placed, you can attach to the bottom node.

This is a limitation of the stock game, so not something I can fix, sadly.

It seems there may be a bug or two, which is to be expected, but I haven't seen anyone point out the worst of them yet: In the first screenshot in the OP, there is a typo in 'abundance'. Hotfix! New version!

Pants, thanks, at least this one is easy to fix :)

I can't seem to enable tritium breeding since .23. I thought it might be a problem with an outdated version of KSPI, so I updated - still nothing.

I have every configuration of lithium and tritium tanks on this thing I could think of, with some He-3 just for fun.

I'll look into it.

Edited by Fractal_UK

I am also having the IRSU refinery expanding bug. The same bug also happens with the Biomass mod hubs and the TAC life support mod lifesupport containers. Ive tried all 3 mods separately with a clean install of KSP and same thing keeps happening. Kin

ok 2 bugs to report, both ISRU related. First the ISRU refinery icon in the build tab zooms it instead of rotating and it's not limited to anything but to the edge of screen.

Update: It appears that this may be a stock bug, apparently it is also happening to TAC life support parts that have more than four resources defined. Removing one of the resource definitions will stop it doing that in the VAB - from some quick testing, this doesn't seem to stop the parts actually working, so I'm inclined to hold off on doing anything about this and hope the devs release a fix.

You know I've been trying to figure out how to use the ISRU Refinery in my video series and it is such an unwieldy part, I mean the model looks nice, fantastic job there, but its impossible to incorporate into any realisitic looking space vehicle especially when one of the attach points doesn't choose to work half the time. The mod would really benefit from a refinery part that was designed for incorporation into spacecraft.

You know I've been trying to figure out how to use the ISRU Refinery in my video series and it is such an unwieldy part, I mean the model looks nice, fantastic job there, but its impossible to incorporate into any realisitic looking space vehicle especially when one of the attach points doesn't choose to work half the time. The mod would really benefit from a refinery part that was designed for incorporation into spacecraft.

Yeah, you're right. I've made a lot of behind the scenes changes in this update to try and seperate modules for resource extraction and resource processing - the long term goal being that you could imagine having seperate parts, some for collecting resources of each type then a distinct part for the chemical processing of those parts. That approach, of course, lends itself better to have smaller more portable parts that each have specific role rather than a single part that does essentially everything.

The refinery module is something that looks very nice for surface bases but it's awkward to actually get it out there - especially if you're using FAR and need to worry about realistic aerodynamics.

I will do my best to resolve this with future updates - if you know any competent modellers looking to pass some time, point them in my direction and I'll make sure they have plenty to do!

The panels I'm using are from the Near Future pack, and I don't think I touched the config at all. It uses ModuleDeployableSolarPanel, so I dunno why it wouldn't work. Here's the .cfg if it helps:

// Solar Panel - Modern Large
PART
{
// --- general parameters ---
name = solarpanels-modern03
module = Part
author = ChrisAdderley

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = panel-modern03.mu
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_attach = 0.22, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

TechRequired = experimentalElectrics
entryCost = 8000

// --- editor parameters ---
cost = 5000
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = KR-XL Megalador Solar Array
manufacturer = Kerb Kastria
description = Disputing the Gigantor-XL's claim of 'single largest solar array available', the Megalador is large, unwieldy, fragile and heavy - but, if you can get past all that, is packed with loads of concentrated solar cells.
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.9
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 1
crashTolerance = 8
maxTemp = 3100

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel