[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Same OS, same RAM, speed, chips and size. Laptop has an APU. PC has an 8-core AMD CPU. By any reason...it should just work as well or better on my PC.

Error is mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module mono.dll at 0023:1010de59.

I even tried to set affinity to high, and it's a no-go.

Edited by jallious

KSP works if I only have interstellar, or B9 with it, not both...but only for my pc. My laptop has tons of mods and still works.

The bottleneck in modded KSP is memory, not speed. It can only use 2 GB (or 4 ? I forget) no matter how much more memory you have. Maybe one of those extra mods on your laptop reduces memory usage, e.g. texture replacer, which allows more mods to run in that limited memory.

The bottleneck in modded KSP is memory, not speed. It can only use 2 GB (or 4 ? I forget) no matter how much more memory you have. Maybe one of those extra mods on your laptop reduces memory usage, e.g. texture replacer, which allows more mods to run in that limited memory.

3.79GB or some such. It's right around there. A memory leak in KSP.exe will top out at about that.

Setting affinity high is not going to help and may only hurt. More cores must be treated the same way. More cores =/= a better experience. Sometimes it gives a worse experience. You might want to use the old trick of putting KSP on one core only. You still need to cut your RAM usage down. I'd look at all the texture reducers.

Noticed some problems with DT Vista engine:

1. (old one) it's power consuption is not displayed in "power management display"

2. When using DT Vista direct conversion generators show current power output = 0. They are working, but display incorrect value (may be unrelated to the engine, but in other cases they displayed correct values).

3. And the worst one. Engine no longer require full power to run:

pt58OwO.jpg

Runs fine using only ~800MW, producing slightly reduced thrust.

Okay, so a fission reactor on one of my space stations just died. I sent up Jeb to restart it on EVA, but even when getting close enough to trigger the restart option, I can't get it started. I click the button, but nothing happens, and when I switch back to the station the reactor still says 'EVA Maintenance Needed." WTF?

Okay, so a fission reactor on one of my space stations just died. I sent up Jeb to restart it on EVA, but even when getting close enough to trigger the restart option, I can't get it started. I click the button, but nothing happens, and when I switch back to the station the reactor still says 'EVA Maintenance Needed." WTF?

Do you have fuel left for the reactor AND spare capacity for actinides? If not, that's why you can't restart.

Do you have fuel left for the reactor AND spare capacity for actinides? If not, that's why you can't restart.

Oy, you're right. How did that happen? I guess I'll need to send up some fuel and figure out what to do with these actinides.

Thanks!

Adding to my earlier report :

- Generators don't show their maximum output in the VAB tooltip.

- Nuclear reactor tooltip doesn't show that its output is higher when using thorium.

- When starting with disabled nuclear reactor, it begins at 10% decaying power. It should be 0% if we're launching completely new unused reactor into space.

- I suggest making science production in lab/computer core when landed on Kerbin zero.

<ignore>Does thermal rocket nozzle behavior depend on what size of reactor it is connected to ? Tooltip shows only dependence on core temp. (which is the same for different reactor sizes)</ignore>

I might have more later :)

EDIT :

Found the thermal rocket on wiki, sorry about that. Still, it could use some more info in the game tooltip.

Edited by Elan

- Generators don't show their maximum output in the VAB tooltip.

They don't have a maximum. The output is just proportionately smaller if you use the wrong size.

- Nuclear reactor tooltip doesn't show that its output is higher when using thorium.

True.

- When starting with disabled nuclear reactor, it begins at 10% decaying power. It should be 0% if we're launching completely new unused reactor into space.

Weird, that didn't happen when I tested it. I will check it out.

- I suggest making science production in lab/computer core when landed on Kerbin zero.

I don't have any problem with people doing science on Kerbin but I should probably remove the landed multiplier and make stations in Kerbin orbit better than those on the ground.

Found the thermal rocket on wiki, sorry about that. Still, it could use some more info in the game tooltip.

It says thrust: variable in the VAB. I can't be any more specific than that because the tooltip doesn't update depending on conditions in game. You can use mechjeb if you want to get a value or look them up on the wiki.

Noticed some problems with DT Vista engine:

1. (old one) it's power consuption is not displayed in "power management display"

2. When using DT Vista direct conversion generators show current power output = 0. They are working, but display incorrect value (may be unrelated to the engine, but in other cases they displayed correct values).

3. And the worst one. Engine no longer require full power to run:

Runs fine using only ~800MW, producing slightly reduced thrust.

Yeah, changing all of these requires converting the DT vista over to the resource manager, its the last holdout of the stock system, I haven't had time to make that change and test it yet - mainly because it appeared to still be working correctly but I guess it needs to move up the list now.

Ok, after days of pulling my hair out I finally have a Super SSTO that works 99.9% of the time(0.1% was Jeb falling asleep).

Weight on the strip of 255.412T with a payload of 133.2T, it took me 19T of LFO just now to get it into a stable 85Km orbit, I think there is room for improvement but its already at 250 parts so I probably wont add much more to it.

Also I try to avoid turning my SSTO's into flying fireballs, just incase I reinstall Deadly Reentry I dont want them all to fail cause they melted, so I do try to avoid the entire craft having flame effects, I try to pull up more once I start seeing them.

u1KitL6.png

Also i found why all generators were showing zero output. Because only one generator was generating all power:

Interesting, I don't think I've set ChargedPower to have equalised power draw in the same way that I have with ThermalPower. It doesn't matter of course, it works just the same but I'll change it in future so it looks nicer.

They don't have a maximum. The output is just proportionately smaller if you use the wrong size.
Also i found why all generators were showing zero output. Because only one generator was generating all power.

Now I'm completely confused about generators. Fractal, did you change how they behave in the last update ? I think they used to have a maximum output power, no ? Now it seems like one generator will do everything. Didn't they also have to be connected directly to the reactor like thermal rocket nozzles ?

Also, could you look at my previous post >here< ? Thanks.

Ok, after days of pulling my hair out I finally have a Super SSTO that works 99.9% of the time(0.1% was Jeb falling asleep).

My computer is groaning just by displaying picture of this monstrosity :D

What mod is showing those orbit/vessel/surface infos ? Is that MechJeb ?

My computer is groaning just by displaying picture of this monstrosity :D

What mod is showing those orbit/vessel/surface infos ? Is that MechJeb ?

Ya, my OC'd I5-2500K is not to impressed with it either, its right on the edge of going into halftime. Yes that is MechJeb. Between mechjeb and the FAR data I don't have much of a window left to enjoy the flight lol.

Any other guesses as to how to fix my crashing problem? I've looked through the text files of the game to see if there's a code limiting the ram allotted, but there is not. I can play the game with one or another mod on the PC, but not many. My laptop has the same RAM, but can have any combination, or all. I've copied my entire KSP file into my PC and it does the same thing.

Which OS do you have on your PC and laptop. Are both 64-bit?

p.s. i am asking this because amount of allocated ram will be limited by OS, for 32 bit app in windows by default it is 2GB for 32-bit and 3GB for 64-bit.

Edited by Lightwarrior

It is strange, if OS are same, and game is exactly the same, there seems to be something wrong with PC. Either OS/settings or hardware.

Sometimes problems with software using a lot of RAM may indicate hardware RAM problems, or may be excessive overclock.

It seems as though the problem was that the game didn't load in full screen. I removed the whole file from my laptop again, placed it in my PC and ran it from inside that folder. That...somehow carried over a setting which made it immediately starts the game in fullscreen. Now it will load and stay up with all the mods intact.