[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Fractal, First of all, great mod, one of the best mods ive ever seen, Scott Manley picked you for a good reason, but as everything, its not perfect, I want to report a bug that has caused me a lot of nightmares.

Sabre engines are quite bugged, when you enter rocket mode, the mod does not detect that and they keep overheating, even in space!!! to overide that, you of course need to put the precoolers and they just work fine but the air intakes need to stay open and as i said, even outside the atmosphere, rapier engines work ok in rocket mode but please, can you plz fix the sabres?, sometimes i dont put precoolers cause i use the rocket mode to climb up faster and the bug is really easy to fix, just include the sabre engine rocket mode as a rocket engine so the mod can overide the heating while the engine is at high speeds when in rocket mode.

Thank you and keep the good work, youre amazing.

sabre engines are B9, not KSPI.

Sabre engines are quite bugged, when you enter rocket mode, the mod does not detect that and they keep overheating, even in space!!! to overide that, you of course need to put the precoolers and they just work fine but the air intakes need to stay open and as i said, even outside the atmosphere, rapier engines work ok in rocket mode but please, can you plz fix the sabres?, sometimes i dont put precoolers cause i use the rocket mode to climb up faster and the bug is really easy to fix, just include the sabre engine rocket mode as a rocket engine so the mod can overide the heating while the engine is at high speeds when in rocket mode.

Yes, I made a mistake when accounting for compatibility with the B9 sabre engine, I already fixed it ready for the next update though.

Hello, I recently installed this mod with several others and everytime I finish loading the game it crashes. When I remove the WarpPlugin folder it works fine. Is there any reason why? Also here is a list of my mods.

B9 Aerospace

FireSpitter

HooliganLabs

HullCameras

KAS

Keramzit

Kethane

KineTechAnimation

KSPX

KWRocketry

LTech

MagicSmokeIndustries

MechJeb2

KSP Interstellar

I been having problems launching KSP after having this mod i have about 23-26 and i think im doing something wrong and im confused it says to not put it in the "GameData" but to put the GameData folder from the mod but the two folders become one but i ignored it and after loading it crashes went done or just 75% of the main menu doesn't load is there some way to fix this problem?

Hello, I recently installed this mod with several others and everytime I finish loading the game it crashes. When I remove the WarpPlugin folder it works fine. Is there any reason why? Also here is a list of my mods.

Chances are your runing out of memory. install the texture reduction packs for B9 and KW especialy, you may also want the active memory reduction mod. Because KSP is a 32bit program it cant use more than 4 gigs of ram. with all those mods its loading a ton of resorces into active memory and exceeding the cap and proceeds to crash.

Ok, ever since I installed this mod something has been going horribly wrong in my game. Every time I try to launch a simply rocket (3 Stages, technically 2 the last stage is tiny) carrying a ComSat into orbit the second it reaches somewhere between 2000-3000 meters, the engine just shuts off and starts to plummet back to earth. Then after its fallen far enough it restarts. This happens regardless if I launch manually or use mechjeb. Any idea whats going on? Its REALLY annoying and at this point I'm getting ready to remove the mod.

Ok, ever since I installed this mod something has been going horribly wrong in my game. Every time I try to launch a simply rocket (3 Stages, technically 2 the last stage is tiny) carrying a ComSat into orbit the second it reaches somewhere between 2000-3000 meters, the engine just shuts off and starts to plummet back to earth. Then after its fallen far enough it restarts. This happens regardless if I launch manually or use mechjeb. Any idea whats going on? Its REALLY annoying and at this point I'm getting ready to remove the mod.

Sounds like remotetech 2. I always make that mistake with RT2 when I forget to add coms :)

Sounds like remotetech 2. I always make that mistake with RT2 when I forget to add coms :)

It shouldn't loose connection only 2000 meters off the ground. Especially when I have comms on there because its a Comm Satellite launcher. And for insurance it has MechJeb. This shutting down is driving me nuts.

It shouldn't loose connection only 2000 meters off the ground. Especially when I have comms on there because its a Comm Satellite launcher. And for insurance it has MechJeb. This shutting down is driving me nuts.

Well, definitely a RT2 problem. Is the comm unit activated? Has electric charge? There have been problems like that I have had before, but someone help me on the RT2 thread. Might be worth checking out.

Would you consider, then, making your On-Rails Acceleration available to more engines? It's always a bummer to see an Ion engine with a 30-minute-plus burntime.

As I said, I'd like to do this but it's a long way to go from having a solar sail that can do it to having an engine that does it. Even if I wrote an engine module that was capable of it, which I could only do by writing my own copy of all the engine code found in the base game there are still some interface problems - as an example, the game won't let you time accelerate while the throttle control is set to anything other than zero or change the throttle during time acceleration. The only way around this that I can think of at the moment would be to give you a seperate time-acceleration throttle controller, which I don't like because it's a bit of a messy solution.

It's also potentially a tricky one for users as I'd be having to maintain my own engine code, entirely seperate from SQUAD's, and that could pose some problems down the line as well as compatibility problems associated with introducing it initially.

I'd need to find a satisfying resolution to all of these issues.

Hey anyone know why is kerbin loading like this? I would really like kerbin to look like it did, and I have no idea why it is doing that

YfpBJ3Y.png

Also Just in case: It is loading the world below with very jaggedy edges not the usual smooth image

Here's an idea. How about heat sinks in addition to the radiators? Something engineered with a mind towards total heat capacity rather than high radiative emission.

Could be either something like a tank of molten salt that remains intact or a tank of water that empties as steam into space. Or even a block of diamond - why not, KSP has an infinite budget, might as well bling out our ships.

This would be useful in applications where the size of effective radiators is prohibitive and/or where heat load is transitory - for instance when using microwave or antimatter power to launch or maneuver. One could then either just sit on the heat or eject the sinks.

The next major version will be 0.10

I never quite understand the numbering scheme where the zero before, in case of Interstellar, 9, is left out.

One thing that is quite annoying, is that the heat builds on parts at rather strange ways. For example, i docked a non-nuclear ship that used solar panels to its power production, to a another ship that has reactor (and generator). Now, what happens is, those solar panels on the 1st ship is filled with wasteheat and once i undock it, panels will close, and some cases, the ship (mainly landing ship) runs out of battery power.

So, i wonder if its possible to direct the wasteheat to primarily to go to radiators so that backup panels doesn't instantly die?

As I said, I'd like to do this but it's a long way to go from having a solar sail that can do it to having an engine that does it. Even if I wrote an engine module that was capable of it, which I could only do by writing my own copy of all the engine code found in the base game there are still some interface problems - as an example, the game won't let you time accelerate while the throttle control is set to anything other than zero or change the throttle during time acceleration. The only way around this that I can think of at the moment would be to give you a seperate time-acceleration throttle controller, which I don't like because it's a bit of a messy solution.

It's also potentially a tricky one for users as I'd be having to maintain my own engine code, entirely seperate from SQUAD's, and that could pose some problems down the line as well as compatibility problems associated with introducing it initially.

A separate throttle controller for on-rail propulsion? I'm OK with that, just one more tweakable on the engine's context menu shouldn't hurt much. :P And to avoid accidental maneuver, each time the time-warp rate drops back to <5x this throttle value can be reset to 0 so that you need to specify the throttle each time before you start a >=5x time-warp.

Compatibility issue with stock engine modules will matter much more though...

Well then we'll just have to start a write in campaign to try and convince squad to hire you so you can legally add your new module to the base code of the game. Its not like having a modder become an employee is totally without precedent. Whats more satisfying than actualy being paid to do what your doing for free anyway :P

Why were the project files removed from git? Building the source is a lot more troublesome when you have to recreate the project from scratch each time and guess at layout.

Anyway, I'm investigating having excess from electrical generators create megajoules, so solar panels can be used to power engines and such

Is anyone playing around with plasma thrusters? I'm in career mode so I only have upgraded nuclear reactors right now and they are not a great option for plasma thrusters, so I'm trying to go the microwave energy path. The problem with this is that the microwave receiver limitations are more stringent then remotetech where the dish must actually be pointed at the transmitters/relays.

So the options I see are to either flood the entire area with transmitters and relays or to build ships with multiple receiver dishes all over the ship.

What are you guys doing?

What are you guys doing?

You get a certain % of total available power based on the angle your receiver is to the closest network node. What I've done is put 7 (and counting) large upgraded nukes into high orbit, and enough relay nodes to ensure one is at least obliquely in sight of a receiver at all times. There are ways to do this with precision to ensure uniform high degrees of reception, but that's 2 much autism 4 me, so I just spammed relays. With the ~ 30GW of power in the network, even a poor connection is giving thrusts of over 2000kN with the 1.25m plasma thruster.

The thermal engines paired with the thermal receptors are giving some ridiculous multiplier of that, like 10MN. I had a probe hit 5000 m/s under 10000 meters before it ran out of fuel. It was like a gun. Fun stuff.

You get a certain % of total available power based on the angle your receiver is to the closest network node. What I've done is put 7 (and counting) large upgraded nukes into high orbit, and enough relay nodes to ensure one is at least obliquely in sight of a receiver at all times. There are ways to do this with precision to ensure uniform high degrees of reception, but that's 2 much autism 4 me, so I just spammed relays. With the ~ 30GW of power in the network, even a poor connection is giving thrusts of over 2000kN with the 1.25m plasma thruster.

The thermal engines paired with the thermal receptors are giving some ridiculous multiplier of that, like 10MN. I had a probe hit 5000 m/s under 10000 meters before it ran out of fuel. It was like a gun. Fun stuff.

Well ive done a lot of research with this mod and power plants are great for charging your alcubierre drives and even getting thermal powers to your ships but i think that some tweaks have to be done.

When you use microwaves you should use infernal robotics and plant some hinges rotors and strut bodies to orientate the antena, its not like remote tech and im glad but the thing is that when you use a transmitter, the generator will work at 100 percent even when there are no recieving ships and thats nasty cause everytime you use a power plant you should switch to it activate the generator orientate the antena and switch back to the vessel youre using.

Ive even done a jool power station that collects antimatter and sends the energy back to kerbin getting 54 gw even at such a long distance, but it varies depending the position of jool.

Nuclears reactors are the best ones and thats sad, theyre the best because theres only 1.25m fusion engines and because antimatter is really difficult to collect, you need like 1000 antimatter collectors in jool to keep a 3.75 upgraded antimatter drive to work at 100% if you set it to transmit it as i said before, you will even need 20 huge radiators to get rid of the waste heat, (i should post a picture of my station)

Nuclear reactors are then the best ones but they need maintenance, launch them with and isru refinery attached to get rid of the actinides and a lots of fuel, you will only need a simple ssto travel to recover the depleted fuels and refuel the reactor

So my conclusion, nerf nuclear reactors, compensate the fusion ones and 2.5 and 3.75m version would be awesome, increase the antimatter collection rate and make the transmitter only transmit the needed energy.

As always thank you fractal for this great mod