[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Hi i just installed this and after the game loads everything, just before load the menu. KSP crashes and return to windows.

I don't know what just happen.

Some advice? maybe something i should edit? some .cfg file or something like that?

Facts:

It's my first mod

Everything is in the GameData folder (ModuleManager_1_5.dll, WarpPlugin, TreeLoader, HexCans)

My english isn't very good and i'm sorry for that ;_;

Thank you

Sounds like you're hitting memory cap. Also, get Module Manager 1.5.6

Solar panels don't shutdown until the WasteHeat bar is 98% full, in your first picture, your probe has capacity for 800,800 units, so it won't retract the panels until you reach total WasteHeat: 784,784. I don't see how it's possible for the solar panels to retract before that.

I would suggest you delete your GameData/WarpPlugin folder and reinstall Interstellar because something is not right here. If that doesn't help, please send me a copy of your KSP.log file.

I deleted and replaced the WarpPlugin folder with a clean downloaded copy. Then I ran Schrodingers Relay until the panels hit 98% wasteheat, no shutdown. Then I ran them right up to the full 200 units per panel, still no shutdown now only the radiators are collecting heat and its going to take a long time to build up to 800,800 units :)

So yeah it must have been something wrong in that folder, thanks for the help.

I've got a bit of an Actinides problem, any of you know what I'm doing wrong?

I have some power beaming stations consisting of a UF4 reactor, generator, microwave transmitter, and enough radiators to keep the waste heat down. Recently, with the onboard UF4 supplies dwindling, I sent up a refueling / reprocessing ship to dock with the stations consisting of a Science Lab, UF4 tanks, and two admittedly stupid Kerbals. While I was able to shutdown the reactor, refuel it, and restart it, I am unable to do anything about the 2.3/3.0 Actinides stuck in the reactor; my Science Lab keeps stating that 'Infinite Hours Remain' on the reprocessing nuclear fuels option.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've got a bit of an Actinides problem, any of you know what I'm doing wrong?

I have some power beaming stations consisting of a UF4 reactor, generator, microwave transmitter, and enough radiators to keep the waste heat down. Recently, with the onboard UF4 supplies dwindling, I sent up a refueling / reprocessing ship to dock with the stations consisting of a Science Lab, UF4 tanks, and two admittedly stupid Kerbals. While I was able to shutdown the reactor, refuel it, and restart it, I am unable to do anything about the 2.3/3.0 Actinides stuck in the reactor; my Science Lab keeps stating that 'Infinite Hours Remain' on the reprocessing nuclear fuels option.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try just time accelerating up a bit and the infinite time remaining will probably become a real number. There are a few annoying things that do this as a result of a change to the base game in 0.23 but the next update will include a workaround.

Hey any ideas as to why: 1. My ship is seemingly running off no intake atmos (to prove the point I closed the intake)

2. When I nose up the thermal power increases dramatically and my engines go much faster (when pointing horizontally the power transmitted decreases dramatically)

HyHNdgU.png

Question: Could we possibly get a MW Battery? I just got done designing my Antimatter collector station and the stock batteries do not provide enough electric charge without adding a stupid amount of them to last the dark side of kerbin/Jool

EDIT: Or possibly make AM Storage Devices have built in batteries that would last a decent amount of time with no power source powering it?

Edited by Ashtoruin

Hi guys, I've run into the antimatter problem again. I launched the station's core and collectors separately and docked them in Jool orbit.

Farm flies 9Mm above Jool, collectors say they get around 570mg/day but nothing gets through. And nothing works to make them collect. Literary nothing. I tried docking ports, KAS pipes + KAS winch (both connected by the docking port and not), I even changed the antimatter .cfg flow to ALL_VESSEL.

And it just sits there, smiling stupidly like "Nope, sir, no antimatter for you."

gc7ToxU.png

aeHLkSC.png

I'm out of ideas... If anybody has encountered something simillar and solved it, please share your godly knowledge with me. Also, the supply of 20k AM is there to prevent the tanks from exploding, I transferred it there from my warp-space-tug which has collectors of its own.

Hey any ideas as to why: 1. My ship is seemingly running off no intake atmos (to prove the point I closed the intake)

Because the open/closed status of the intake doesn't matter when you're using IntakeAtm, this is because there is a seperate module that produces that resource and the standard controls don't affect it. Adding a second set of open/close controls is pretty pointless and would be very strange anyway, especially as in order for it to have any effect, I'd have to add a drag term to those intakes and then you'd get penalised twice for the atmospheric drag on the intake. This way the drag can be accounted for by the IntakeAir intake - yes it allows players a small option to make things easier for themselves by closing the intakes when they shouldn't but it's not a big enough advantage for me to bother about.

2. When I nose up the thermal power increases dramatically and my engines go much faster (when pointing horizontally the power transmitted decreases dramatically)

With microwave receivers the power available varies with craft orientation - the thermal receivers want to receive power perpendicular to the receiver so certain orientations may indeed give you more or less power.

Farm flies 9Mm above Jool, collectors say they get around 570mg/day but nothing gets through. And nothing works to make them collect. Literary nothing. I tried docking ports, KAS pipes + KAS winch (both connected by the docking port and not), I even changed the antimatter .cfg flow to ALL_VESSEL.

And it just sits there, smiling stupidly like "Nope, sir, no antimatter for you."

If you're going to connect them like that, you'll need fuel lines and remember they need to go from the tank to the collector stack. I think running a fuel line from the tank stack to each docking port attached to it will be enough, then you can still launch the parts seperately.

When using the thermal jets the sounds seems to be bugged , makes engine noise but the turbo effects sounds cut in and out and some times the engine sounds just stop working. Thier a fix or a work around maybe something i have wrong . Thx

When using the thermal jets the sounds seems to be bugged , makes engine noise but the turbo effects sounds cut in and out and some times the engine sounds just stop working. Thier a fix or a work around maybe something i have wrong . Thx

I think its a known bug, mine do that too. When they are running in Atmospheric or Intake-Air mode they only make a quiet rocket engine sound and occasionally a sharp blip of turbine noise, but when you switch them over to an internal fuel source they make a well mixed turbine/rocket noise.

On a separate note I've been having A LOT of crashes using this mod and was looking for some insight onto what is actually causing them. Even with just a clean install and only Interstellar Mod. All but a few of the crash logs begin with:

"mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module mono.dll at 0023:10118bea."

I have plenty of memory (16GB Installed, 64Bit OS of course) so I don't think running out of memory is the problem here. I can post up the crash logs if they will be of any assistance to you Fractal.

Edit: Full system Specs:

Intel i7-4700MQ

16GB RAM

Windows 7 Professional x64

nVidia GTX780M

Also thanks for the tips on the Microwave Relays Fractal! I ended up messing up the orbits and ended up with 4 satellites spaced roughly equally apart and they work great.

Edited by biglightbt

I think its a known bug, mine do that too. When they are running in Atmospheric or Intake-Air mode they only make a quiet rocket engine sound and occasionally a sharp blip of turbine noise, but when you switch them over to an internal fuel source they make a well mixed turbine/rocket noise.

On a separate note I've been having A LOT of crashes using this mod and was looking for some insight onto what is actually causing them. Even with just a clean install and only Interstellar Mod. All but a few of the crash logs begin with:

"mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module mono.dll at 0023:10118bea."

I have plenty of memory (16GB Installed, 64Bit OS of course) so I don't think running out of memory is the problem here. I can post up the crash logs if they will be of any assistance to you Fractal.

Edit: Full system Specs:

Intel i7-4700MQ

16GB RAM

Windows 7 Professional x64

nVidia GTX780M

Also thanks for the tips on the Microwave Relays Fractal! I ended up messing up the orbits and ended up with 4 satellites spaced roughly equally apart and they work great.

Your computer RAM and program memory are two different things. If you 3 finger salute (ctr/alt/del) and check out how much memory the program is using, you should get an idea. Mine starts crashing around 3.6 mil K's, the farther over this mark you are, the more often it crashes. Side effect of it being a 32bit program. To resolve this, use one of the texture compressor mods or just remove some of your less used mods. I'm fairly sure this has been stated a few times.

Because the open/closed status of the intake doesn't matter when you're using IntakeAtm, this is because there is a seperate module that produces that resource and the standard controls don't affect it. Adding a second set of open/close controls is pretty pointless and would be very strange anyway, especially as in order for it to have any effect, I'd have to add a drag term to those intakes and then you'd get penalised twice for the atmospheric drag on the intake. This way the drag can be accounted for by the IntakeAir intake - yes it allows players a small option to make things easier for themselves by closing the intakes when they shouldn't but it's not a big enough advantage for me to bother about.

I understand the orientation of the craft, but I was asking how it was still working with no intake atmos left, I figured out that closing the intake didn't do anything to it after I posted :P What i wanted to know was, how was the engine running with none left (nor was it gaining any)

I understand the orientation of the craft, but I was asking how it was still working with no intake atmos left, I figured out that closing the intake didn't do anything to it after I posted :P What i wanted to know was, how was the engine running with none left (nor was it gaining any)

Give us a better picture, its hard to see anything on that craft.

It's just a thermojet plane with a power receiver instead of a reactor but, I guess I can upload another although it's nothing that helpful

XNW171F.png

It really doesn't look much different from the picture before (apart from the angle) XD

Edited by Boamere

Look at the intake atmos in the top right, there is none, yet it is still running XD

I bet your engine is just using up all the available resource so the amount displayed amount in the bar is zero. It's a constraint of the game that an engine module cannot run without input propellant so it must be getting some.

I appear to have a problem whereby all the reactors with "Sphere's" in are too large.

They are visibly like twice as big as they should be, with the connection spheres being way inside each part.

I searched and could find no reference of this, maybe it's clashing with something, I really don't know. I have a lot of mods installed.

Can I change something in those parts to reduce their visible size?

edit: hm ok there's the "Scale" ini command, but I don't know what to set them to - assume they are ok for others in the latest version?

A bit hard to experiment when my game takes 5 mins to load each try lol

Edited by CreepyD

I bet your engine is just using up all the available resource so the amount displayed amount in the bar is zero. It's a constraint of the game that an engine module cannot run without input propellant so it must be getting some.

yeah I was wondering if that was the case, oh well :P

It's the 4 standard reactors in folders "NuclearReactor1Sphere" and "NuclearReactor3Spheres".

Mechanically work fine.. visibly they are way too big, like 2x at least what they should be and overlapping other parts.

It's the 4 standard reactors in folders "NuclearReactor1Sphere" and "NuclearReactor3Spheres".

Mechanically work fine.. visibly they are way too big, like 2x at least what they should be and overlapping other parts.

Odd... :/

Also i have a question, why is my relay, erm... not relaying ?

Here are some pics

tJBDKFW.png

HZ0hWwj.png

They are all set onto relay mode, yet it says relay:0/2

Your computer RAM and program memory are two different things. If you 3 finger salute (ctr/alt/del) and check out how much memory the program is using, you should get an idea. Mine starts crashing around 3.6 mil K's, the farther over this mark you are, the more often it crashes. Side effect of it being a 32bit program. To resolve this, use one of the texture compressor mods or just remove some of your less used mods. I'm fairly sure this has been stated a few times.

Ugh, so this is another short coming of the Unity engine? Single core physics processing AND the dreaded 32bit 3.8GB memory cap? I know its a massive undertaking by any standard but if the boys as Squad are going to keep expanding KSP they are gonna need a better game engine.

There are mods to reduce your RAM footprint.

I have over 20 mods installed, including big ones like the planet factory (more planets).

Can't think offhand which are which though there are so many with odd named folders.

I run at around 3GB RAM used, not bad really.

Something is obviously clashing with this mod though making my reactors extra large as nobody else seems to have the issue.

Maybe I'll have to try adding a resize in the ini of each part.