[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

So how do i get UF6?

Uranium Hexaflouride (UF6) comes included with the nuclear reactors. All of them are supplied with enough to last at least a few years but if you need more after that time, you can use the fuel reprocessing option at a science lab to reprocess Depleted Uranium Hexaflouride (DUF6) into fresh UF6. That means either taking a science lab with you, or docking with one when you need it.

Do either of the ships have a warp drive? Does the receiver still have line of sight to the transmitter? Does the transmitter still have line of sight to the sun? If you right click on the receiver, what power does it show is being received.

A picture says a thousand words etc...

ewSezgh.jpg

No warp drives though as I'm trying things out in order, nuclear then AM. By warp you mean the Alcubierre right?

We could get UF6 from Eve's oceans using electrolysis ;) We only need an engine strong enough to get fuel tanker from surface to orbit. Fractal - what about nuclear lightbulb engine? Or even saltwater engine. It would have good thrust, good Isp - but would use rare and expensive fuel.

ewSezgh.jpg

No warp drives though as I'm trying things out in order, nuclear then AM. By warp you mean the Alcubierre right?

From what I understand you need to receive more then a Megawatt (1000 KW) in order to get anything into the Megajoules side. Everything else just goes to your normal electric charge.

(When you use KW Fractal are you referring to Watts/hour or watts/second and I wont get into how hard it would be or how large of a Capacitor you would need to store 1 Megajoule of energy..... Let alone hundreds.)

I would not mind seeing this change, as long as you are willing to wait a looong time who cares where the power comes from for say making exotic matter to power a warp drive.

Edited by Donziboy2

ewSezgh.jpg

Yep, you need to have > 1000KW coming in before you get any megajoules, the first 1000KW appear as ElectricCharge.

We could get UF6 from Eve's oceans using electrolysis ;) We only need an engine strong enough to get fuel tanker from surface to orbit.

I've been considering options for Eve's oceans, something will go in when I work out the details.

Fractal - what about nuclear lightbulb engine?

A nuclear lightbulb is already in the mod, it's another name for a closed cycle gas core engine, i.e. an upgraded nuclear reactor and a thermal rocket.

Or even saltwater engine. It would have good thrust, good Isp - but would use rare and expensive fuel.

Nuclear Saltwater rocket is another thing I've been considering including but it's way too powerful to be a basic part, it would have to be an upgrade and I need a suitable pure-fission engine as a base part. I can't restrict it by fuel because the fuel could just be Uranium Hexaflouride (a uranium salt) and Water.

Great mod! I'm really having fun with the Alcubierre drive.

One big problem in my game since applying the new update though; all ships with science labs get violently ripped apart a few minutes after launch.

If I switch to a ship in space that has a lab, everything is fine for a few minutes and then the lab suddenly flies away from the ship but remains attached (the ship does not blow up, but the camera moves way off into the middle of nowhere, since the center of gravity is now outside the ship)

Any idea what is causing this? I have Kethane, Novapunch, Mechjeb and B9 Aerospace. The problem definitely started with today's update, since I launched plenty of science labs previously without a hitch.

There my experimental interior for lab(not completely successful experiment, and layout is little nonsensical but somehow OK)

Not all is good and some things are left unfixed, but no one will look inside often anyway. There also some "cameras" (click at door and at some windows), it's not designed for this point of view so you can to see things what not need to see if you begin to look around, but give nice view.

Download looks little heavy but amount of textures is close to conteiner interior is still less then cupola.

http://www./?yj7ine8y6zvrp4t (I hope I didn't forget something. Archive is replace lab cfg, it's copy of cfg from last version with added interior string )

I know you like pictures:

lpnvwcN.png

(looks shoped)

Edited by zzz
{ picture added and some tweaking of mat brightness, still not sure}

So, I was minding my own, sending ships places with magic and pixie dust powered engines, and I was thinking of sending a atmo-scoop to Jool for the hell of it. Then it dawned on me. Jool is green. Kethane is green(apparently). Why not make a upgraded version of the Atmo-scoop that can scoop some Kethane from Jool's atmosphere? Not a lot, but enough that it'd be worth doing instead of using the Kerbal eater thingy.

Ya, Ratzap i sent a sat all the way out to the sun was getting over 5000KW and was only getting 1% at LKO :(

Your going to need some BIG sats :P

Or a 2.5 meter nuke reactor and generator can run like 11 Labs.

Hmm, I put up 10 new bigger sats tonight - 300KW each in 3000km Kerbin orbits. The ship with the receiver has dropped efficiency down to 7% for some reason now that 12 sats are connected to it and still gets around 200KW. Is there a limit per receiver or something? Also the transmitters open on the launchpad, then every time I switch to one in orbit it closes again and I have to re-activate it. Maybe they are deactivating when I leave them?

BTW: Did you see the PAX video? 0.22 has science in it, with luck the mod author can piggyback on the official science stuff and put it into the tree. Save himself a lot of time/effort.

Great mod! I'm really having fun with the Alcubierre drive.

One big problem in my game since applying the new update though; all ships with science labs get violently ripped apart a few minutes after launch.

If I switch to a ship in space that has a lab, everything is fine for a few minutes and then the lab suddenly flies away from the ship but remains attached (the ship does not blow up, but the camera moves way off into the middle of nowhere, since the center of gravity is now outside the ship)

Any idea what is causing this? I have Kethane, Novapunch, Mechjeb and B9 Aerospace. The problem definitely started with today's update, since I launched plenty of science labs previously without a hitch.

I'm having the same problem. When I look at the map I'm heading way out of the solar system at some crazy speed. The moods I'm running Extraplanetary Launchpads, KAS, MagicSmokeIndustries, PartCatalog, TacFuelBalancer, Kethane, Novapunch, Mechjeb and B9 Aerospace. Yes I know I have a lot of mods :)

I'm having the same problem. When I look at the map I'm heading way out of the solar system at some crazy speed. The moods I'm running Extraplanetary Launchpads, KAS, MagicSmokeIndustries, PartCatalog, TacFuelBalancer, Kethane, Novapunch, Mechjeb and B9 Aerospace. Yes I know I have a lot of mods :)

Hehe, you're just getting started... I was up to 38 installed mods but the game was constantly hitting 3.7GB memory used and crashing. After some weeding I got down to 22 but it's rising again :-/

Could you try and make this happen again, then when it does, press ALT+F2 and send me as much as possible of what appears in the text box, or close the game immediately and send me a copy of your KSP.log file. Null pointer exceptions can make the game cause this kind of unusual behaviour, that's the only thing I can think of.

Could you try and make this happen again, then when it does, press ALT+F2 and send me as much as possible of what appears in the text box, or close the game immediately and send me a copy of your KSP.log file. Null pointer exceptions can make the game cause this kind of unusual behaviour, that's the only thing I can think of.

I was able to reproduce something like this with a clean install, start new rocket, choose sci lab as first object, then add advanced SAS, computer core, 2.5m liquid fuel tank, 2.5m generator, 2.5 nuke reactor, thermal rocket nozzle, then I built a pretty standard mainsail asparagus under that. On launch, the sci lab stays put while the rocket tries to launch through it.

I also posted two plasma thruster issues on the website but not sure if they're related as I had other mods running. The above is on a clean install however, I'll see about finding a way to post the log.

EDIT: made a change, added a L2 Landing Can as the first object, then a sci module under that, then the rest the same, got this on staging:

[Warning]: File 'C:/Users/Matt/Desktop/KSP_Clean/KSP_win/KSP_Data/../saves/default/WarpPlugin.cfg' does not exist

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Edited by Rampart

I will do that. I also ran into Rampart's problem.

I was able to reproduce something like this with a clean install, start new rocket, choose sci lab as first object, then add advanced SAS, computer core, 2.5m liquid fuel tank, 2.5m generator, 2.5 nuke reactor, thermal rocket nozzle, then I built a pretty standard mainsail asparagus under that. On launch, the sci lab stays put while the rocket tries to launch through it.

I also posted two plasma thruster issues on the website but not sure if they're related as I had other mods running. The above is on a clean install however, I'll see about finding a way to post the log.

EDIT: made a change, added a L2 Landing Can as the first object, then a sci module under that, then the rest the same, got this on staging:

[Warning]: File 'C:/Users/Matt/Desktop/KSP_Clean/KSP_win/KSP_Data/../saves/default/WarpPlugin.cfg' does not exist

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

You're an excellent bug tester Rampart, I've found the problem now, thanks. I need to spend more time looking at the second bug you submitted on bitbucket but for now I'll issue an emergency fix for this science lab problem along with the fix for the first bug (no science being deducted for plasma engine upgrade) that you reported. Unfortunately I've just moved house and I'm still waiting for installation of a decent internet connection which is posing me problems right now, in addition to bitbucket being down for maintanence. I'll *try* and get the fix up tonight.