How well would these laptops run KSP?

sokid2k

AFAIK they should all be fine. The last one is your best option because of the graphics chip; I don't know how the other two will do for graphics. I'm running an i3 laptop with 6GB RAM and a Radeon 6750, it does pretty well so long as you're not overloading the scene. Two or three craft is about all it can handle well, although it was still fairly smooth, if slow, docking to a 300+ part space station.

None of them are very good; all feature Integrated graphics and midrange processors.

Intel ones (first two) have a faster processor, the AMD one (third) has a better GPU. All are marginal. Sure, they'll run KSP, but will struggle when you start piling mods and bumping up graphics. If I would have to choose out of those three, I would pick the third due to the best GPU but honestly I would not accept any of them.

regex's HD 6750 GPU is many times faster than any of the graphics chips integrated into these laptops.

None of them are very good; all feature Integrated graphics and midrange processors.

Intel ones (first two) have a faster processor, the AMD one (third) has a better GPU. All are marginal. Sure, they'll run KSP, but will struggle when you start piling mods and bumping up graphics. If I would have to choose out of those three, I would pick the third due to the best GPU but honestly I would not accept any of them.

regex's HD 6750 GPU is many times faster than any of the graphics chips integrated into these laptops.

I didn't realize the AMD laptop had a slow GPU... I don't know why I try to help in threads like these, I'm pretty out of the loop on hardware; lost my enthusiast bug about five years ago. At least I can show you what a low-end laptop for KSP should look like. :)

I play KSP on my laptop, it's an Intel Core2 Duo with 4Gb of RAM and an ATI Radeon 4650 integrated card. That third laptop is a step up from mine so it should be fine. I have my settings down low and I don't run any mods at all so maybe your mileage will differ.

HTH - Malloy

Is there any laptops that you could recommend for around that price?

For gaming, none.

Get a desktop. You get far more power at that price point.

Some people require the mobility that a laptop provides for work, and getting a desktop just for gaming after that would be wasteful. Please stop suggesting such things, it is rather inconsiderate.

For OP, I suggest you compare the models and prices against other retailers, both online and physical. You might get a better deal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.