TWR for duna

I known it has to be above 1.00 to leave take off, but I want to know exactly the TWR by using kerbins gravity as a comparison.

So if I have a Twr of 1 in kerbin orbit what would it be at Duna? Disregarding transfer and orbit.

I'm a very cautious player and don't want to send a ship that can't take off lol.

Of the planetary bodies in KSP, Kerbin's got the third highest surface gravity behind Kerbol and Eve. Long and the short of it: if your ship can take off from Kerbin successfully, it should be more than capable of taking off from almost anywhere else in the system.

Kerbin's surface gravity is 9.81 m/s^2, Duna's is 2.94 m/s^2. So 9.81 divided by 2.94 is ~= 3.3. But really, you should use Kerbal Engineer Redux, it makes calculations a whole lot easier.

Alright so if i were to have a lander with .33 TWR in kerbin orbit i would have no problem getting off of Duna. (.33 * 3.3 = 1.089). I use mechjeb for transfers and intercepts so ill probably just have to look further into the plugin to find the info next time.

That sounds right, MKI (though it looks like you did early Pentium math there).

I second Kerbal Engineer Redux (the only mod I have installed), as it has an option specifically to show you your numbers in each planet and moon's gravity.

We could do with having someone make Kerbol system in Universe Sandbox and then we can study that for gravity comparisons :) I'm building a ship in orbit but I have no idea what TWR it should have for transfer to MUM orbit :(

I'm going to get Engineer thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.