Mission Roulette

Khrissetti

Hey so I hope nobody minds, but I went ahead and took my limited knowledge of HTML + Javascript to throw together a script that could do all the probabilities automatically and just tell you what your mission is. I know that a couple people said they were working on doing this, but that's been being said for a few days now and I haven't seen any progress on it... So anyways it took me a few hours (I'm very rusty on HTML and Javascript), but here is the website.

At the moment of posting it's not completely finished, it will still give you impossible or super easy missions and such, but I'm planning on fixing that ASAP as well as adding some other possibilities to the mission generator. If anybody has any idea's for it just let me know and if I think they're good I'll add them in.

P.S ~ To get it to generate a new mission just refresh the page.

Hey so I hope nobody minds, but I went ahead and took my limited knowledge of HTML + Javascript to throw together a script that could do all the probabilities automatically and just tell you what your mission is

That's fantastic! I'm bookmarking your page. I hope you add some buttons or something for choosing difficulty.

That's fantastic! I'm bookmarking your page. I hope you add some buttons or something for choosing difficulty.

Yeah sure shouldn't be too much of a problem, will just take a bit of time to figure out what the difficulty restrictions should be.

EDIT: When I'm a bit more satisfied with the generator I'll probably start a thread specifically for it.

True, as I said, you'll sometimes get some absurd missions. These are kerbals, we're talking about, if the guys at KSP are the smartest their species has to offer, imagine what kind of crazy exists in the wider world!

Mission Control: - Hello? This is mission control, oh hello, Mister President! Yes, of course, we're always excited to take on the dreams of kerbal-kind! Uh huh.... yes.... I'm sure we can-- wait, what? Mister President, do you know how far away Eeloo actually is? Well all I'm saying is... no Mister President, I really DON'T think we can land there for your Daughter's birthday!

Very true, it would be a very kerbal mission.

Speaking of kerbal missions gave it a try myself and got: 3,3,6,5.... Doesn't really get more kerbal than that.

Re-rolled and got something a little better, though it will have to wait until after my next piece of super station is constructed: 8,1,4,9

Can we use old ships? My Project Jool system probe launcher shouldn't have broken with .21 and that micro probe would be perfect for this.

I got to land a manned rover at Tyllo with no mechjeb. I swear this moon is haunting me ever since i completed my grand tour on the solar system. Time to start designing.

2nd roll Land an unnamed probe to Eello, and then go to Kerbin :sticktongue:

This definitely needs to be a plugin

Edited by kookoo_gr

Hey Cori, is there anyway to integrate C++ code with HTML/JavaScript? If so I can make a randomizer type thing and it will make non impossible challenges and that.

I'm honestly not sure, I've never messed around with C++ before. However as far as the non impossible challenges part goes, I've actually been working on fixing that for the past 4 or so hours, only a couple little things left to fix with it and it should be good to go. I've been updating my site every time I make a change, so if you want to keep an eye on my progress you can. If you do decide to keep an eye on it, let me know if you see any impossible missions come up, it'll help me to continue to work out the kinks in the script. (One of the big ones right now I need to get fixed is the time limit condition, but in order to do that I need to work out how long transfers take from every planet to every other planet in KSP.)

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

Land on [Minmus] with a [pogo stick] carrying a crew of [seventeen] Kerbals.

Include a [seven thermometers] and a [RCS tug with no RCS jets or tanks] and conduct a mission of [hide and seek] before [snacks run out].

You have [two] [years] to complete this mission. Return all of your crew on their [pogo stick] safely back to Kerbin to affect mission completion.

Good luck!

You can try using a custom made orion drive. Just make a custom decoupler with 1 million decoupling force and impact tolerance, and turn on joint strengthening (forgot the name of the cheat). Five of those things gave me about 2000 delta-v on a small craft.

Grand tour with orbital ship manned, no nuclear, polar orbits, no special, 70k budget, polar orbit, no nuclear, no nuclear, no Mechjeb. (I kept going until I got 4 unique specials, if that's not the condition then its just no nukes, polar and 70k budget)

I think that this is impossible given the 70k budget.

Grand tour with orbital ship manned, no nuclear, polar orbits, no special, 70k budget, polar orbit, no nuclear, no nuclear, no Mechjeb. (I kept going until I got 4 unique specials, if that's not the condition then its just no nukes, polar and 70k budget)

I think that this is impossible given the 70k budget.

Maybe use ion engines? You don't need to land or anything, so you could just have a lawnchair with solar panels and ion engines with enough dV to get everywhere. I can see that being reasonably cheap.

It would be nice to have clarification regarding the special conditions, do you need to get 4 uniquie for platinum, or do you need the 4 from randoming numbers, even if that includes a 0?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.