How do you pronounce 'Mun'

Pugspaceprogram

It depends on my mood. Usually I just call it 'the moon' since that's simple enough (and not many are likely to wonder which one I'm talking about; also, I was around when it first got added and thus 'the moon' was not potentially confusing at all). When I can be bothered to call it by name, I'll call it 'myewn' in acknowledgement of its umlaut.

Precisely. It definitely doesn't rhyme with "bun" or "fun". It's not even strictly like "Moon". It's more of an "eww" sound.

Not disagreeing with you at all on the bun or fun thing, I'm more questioning the Moon vs. eww

I'm sitting here sounding like something stupid to my cat trying to figure out what the difference between oo and ew is, they sound the same when I say them in an oklahoma accent.

I'm sitting here sounding like something stupid to my cat trying to figure out what the difference between oo and ew is, they sound the same when I say them in an oklahoma accent.

Your cat knows the difference. Try saying them in a left-coast accent.

Well, "MUN" would be pronounced similarly Fun or Gun...etc

But 'Mun' is actually wrong, the correct spelling is "MÜN" that is with two dots above the 'ü' which means that:

While "Mun" is like Fun, "Mün" is pronounced "Moon"

(Wrong) (Right)

"Mun" and... uh, hang on, does this iPad have a character map anywhere?

Oh, I can use this app thingy.

...and... what do you mean you don't have it? You useless little...

Erm, anyway, both spellings are correct, but the devs have spoken. It does rhyme with "sun."

This is a sandbox game, I'll pronounce it however I want!

Me too! Even though I agree with the devs....

I actually have another word for it given that a full third of my missions to it have ended in disaster but I don't think I would be allowed to repeat it here....

trying to figure out what the difference between oo and ew is, they sound the same when I say them in an oklahoma accent.

If you stepped in a hairball the cat coughed up, would you say "oo" or "ew"? It's the difference between pleasant surprise, and disgust. Hopefully that can help elaborate the difference between the sounds. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.