White Monkey Kitchenware and SpaceParts Factory - ver 0.4 - HOPE SHUTTLE

sarkun

Great news on the decoupler. Is it a plugin? If so could it be used to make fairings that act properly?

Yeah it\'s a plugin, a real simple one.

However, adapting it for general use would be tricky - it works by finding all parts attached to it. In case of Hope, there is a special cargo hold node the decoupler attaches to, and all cargo practically must be attached to it.

In a normal stack this would be more difficult - parts would actually be on top of it, not its children. And the fairings would have to be separate parts. This is all possible from programmers point of view, but there is MUCH greater freedom when it comes to normal fairings, so a general solution would be much more abusable - and more difficult to program to work reliably.

However, I thought about it a little, and I think an elegant solution is possible. Will try to work on it and maybe release it as a standalone plugin.

Probably it\'s time to do an STS style launcher :D

Nah, Hope is too small in relation to the size of rocket/fuel tanks that are required to get it to orbit. If I make a larger shuttle, then maybe.

Nah, Hope is too small in relation to the size of rocket/fuel tanks that are required to get it to orbit. If I make a larger shuttle, then maybe.

even better! 8)

6831675401_bea98a28d9_o.png

Kerbal Space Program - White Monkey Kitchenware and SpaceParts Factory - Hope Shuttle di Lorenzo Giacobbo, su Flickr

6831678611_38d6ac1965_o.png

Kerbal Space Program - White Monkey Kitchenware and SpaceParts Factory - Hope Shuttle di Lorenzo Giacobbo, su Flickr

Ok, so I\'ve tested a \'satellite recovery\' mission - the shuttle bay has lots of colliders so a decent sized cargo will stay inside of the bay once caught.

It usually peeks out a little - so it\'s not very pretty, but is doable if someone really wants it.

Larger problem is that collision detection is disabled when ship goes on rails - so if you hit higher warp than 2x, the cargo will slowly drift through the shuttle.

Any idea on the projected release date for the cargo carrying version?

I am still undecided on how much new things I want to add to Hope in the next release - there\'s the MEEK (external fuel tanks kit), cargo bay, landing gear, I need to clean up the fuel dumping system plugin, and one more secret thingy :)

So a full release is probably still a long time away.

I am however thinking about doing some small test release next week, that would include just the MEEK and initial version of the cargo bay.

I would rather a buggy mod then nothing! (ill gladly write up any bugs I find.) If you do release the cargo bay before it is flushed out, you might want to make it interchangeable with the old one, at least for now. Also, MechJeb!? :D. I ended up modding the mod and put MechJeb in place of the ASAS with the same model and it works fine.

I would rather a buggy mod then nothing! (ill gladly write up any bugs I find.) If you do release the cargo bay before it is flushed out, you might want to make it interchangeable with the old one, at least for now. Also, MechJeb!? :D. I ended up modding the mod and put MechJeb in place of the ASAS with the same model and it works fine.

Ha! Good for you and the mech jeb :)

The old one will stay probably forever, as a large fuel tank when you don\'t need a cargo bay but just want to fly around.

Using the Mission Endurance Extension Kit, Hope has enough fuel for a satellite deployment mission on a Mün orbit.

moonsat.jpg

Here\'s a video showing how to properly load a sat into the cargo bay (that\'s why I said it is too complicated ATM. Working on simplifying this.)

http://youtu.be/cfLGyvzp83k

Release is imminent.

If you want to play with the cargo bay, there is an \'experimental\' release up for grabs in the first post. I still need to work on a few things, so expect things to change. Anyway, have fun.

This question is probably more in regards to your plans down the line with this pack seeing as you seem pretty busy working on this update to the Hope along with your plugins, but will you ever end up making an improvements to the Abel launcher in the way of engines or a second stage?

What I\'ve also been curious about for a while is if you\'ve had any plans to add the Fuji spacecraft to your pack, or something like it. If you hadn\'t heard about it, it\'s a proposed Japanese space capsule that looks a lot like their take on Orion, in some ways.

fujicapsuleC1.jpg

This question is probably more in regards to your plans down the line with this pack seeing as you seem pretty busy working on this update to the Hope along with your plugins, but will you ever end up making an improvements to the Abel launcher in the way of engines or a second stage?

What I\'ve also been curious about for a while is if you\'ve had any plans to add the Fuji spacecraft to your pack, or something like it. If you hadn\'t heard about it, it\'s a proposed Japanese space capsule that looks a lot like their take on Orion, in some ways.

fujicapsuleC1.jpg

fujivarious1.jpg

omg. OMG. :o I\'m totally in love with it.

No I didn\'t hear about it - not much on it outside of few japanese websites I\'ve found. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention.

Yes, I\'m doing that.

Along with a larger second stage for Able.

Just need to finish a few things first.

Meanwhile:

Hope Promo Video:

http://youtu.be/ADn_LfEZQRg