How to edit engine thrust values for personal use.

Hey guys. . . can anyone help me regarding this matter? I'm gonna try out an experiment for myself, but I don't want to download new engines for the time being to save time and make KSP load quicker, but I can't seem to do it right. Any help appreciated. . . thanks. :D

You'll want to go into your KSP folder, gamedata, squad, parts, engine. Then Find the engine that you want to edit and open that folder, then open up the part file using a text editor like notepad on windows. Search the file and under Module somewhere it should say maxthrust = and then a number. Change that number to what you want and the thrust will be that powerful. Baring in mind the mainsail is 1500 thrust.

On the other hand, you could lower the fuel consumption (tried to do it for my Poodle landing engines, but couldn't find the value).

You want the part.cfg in the Engine/liquidEngine2-2 folder.

Towards the middle you will see

atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 390
key = 1 270
}

The 390 and 270 are your vacuum and atmosphere ISP's, respectively. Increase those to lower the fuel consumption.

• 5 years later...
On 8/6/2013 at 8:16 PM, dave4002000 said:

You want the part.cfg in the Engine/liquidEngine2-2 folder.

Towards the middle you will see

atmosphereCurve
 	{
   	 key = 0 390
  	 key = 1 270
 	}

The 390 and 270 are your vacuum and atmosphere ISP's, respectively. Increase those to lower the fuel consumption.

This is goooooood....

It's also six years ago.  ;)

Anyone trying to solve problems back then has presumably long since solved them, so any further discussion in this thread is likely just to generate more confusion than anything else.  Therefore, locking the thread to prevent further confusion.

Anyone who still has questions around this topic is welcome to spin up a new thread about it.  :)