Quicksave made me loose stuff, anyway to do back?

Hello dear KSP rocketist's! i need some help here!

I use the quicksave from time to time, so i made a quicksave and the next morning i opened KSP, made some launch and made a mistake, so i loaded the quicksave as a reflex, but it took me where i was yesterday, and since i made some good progress!

Is there anyway to load a autosave that was made after the quicksave? or any way to patch the problem, i dont want to loose what i made! :(

Thx in advance! :)

I use the quicksave from time to time, so i made a quicksave and the next morning i opened KSP, made some launch and made a mistake, so i loaded the quicksave as a reflex, but it took me where i was yesterday, and since i made some good progress!

Is there anyway to load a autosave that was made after the quicksave? or any way to patch the problem, i dont want to loose what i made! :(

This is the third thread in two days asking about this. If the game has saved to the persistance file after you quickloaded, then no there's nothing to do. If it hasn't saved, that is as soon as you realize your mistake, force close your game (alt+F4 or task manager) and you might be able to get back to your persistance file without the quickload saving over it.

I wish people would just learn to make backups and not quicksave/load willynilly. That, and use the revert flight option, that's what it's there for. So much crying about end flight, is the new thing going to be about quickloads?

The problem here is the Autosave notification. People assume they'll be able to recover that autosave. IMO, the game should never inform you that it's autosaving, because it's only used if your game crashes or you exit abnormally. (And on another topic, one of the top ten rules of game UI design is that game exit should be always be an Escape key + single mouse-click away. In KSP you have to Escape, go to Space Center, click the exit to main menu button, click the exit game button, then answer yes to an "Are you sure?" prompt. Bad form guys.)

Maybe a quickload warning is necessary: "This will load your quicksave, which was last saved 2 days, 14 hours ago. Are you sure?" You could disable the quickload warning in the options. ALSO, I'd suggest that maybe quicksaves not persist between game sessions. You exit the game, your quicksave gets wiped.

well, sorry for asking this another time then! i should have found those thread

Anyway, that's what i though about the alt+f4, but i though it wouldnt work since it may had time to autosave , wich replaced the old persistence file and that is why there is no back up, and i do make backup, just not every single time i played, so i just asked this, in case it would have saved me work for nothing, the quickload was a silly error because i was not paying enough attention, so dont need to be rude, well all do mistake here and there

The way the save work are not so bad, but still like the idea of Mr Shifty, for some ppl making the mistake you talk about Johnno (and it would have saved me too) it will prevent from doing this action

Well thx for the rapid respond though and you still told what i asked for, thx! :)

(And on another topic, one of the top ten rules of game UI design is that game exit should be always be an Escape key + single mouse-click away. In KSP you have to Escape, go to Space Center, click the exit to main menu button, click the exit game button, then answer yes to an "Are you sure?" prompt. Bad form guys.)

You know, if we made it easy to exit the game, people would complain they can exit the game so fast they lose their missions, etc. We've even had people ask us to put in "Are you sure?" dialogs even though one already exists. If you want a quick, hassle free exit, ALT-F4. Works every time and won't overwrite any saves.

That said, I am sure the various load/save operations will continue to evolve as development progresses so things like this will eventually be ironed out.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

You know' date=' if we made it easy to exit the game, people would complain they can exit the game so fast they lose their missions, etc[/quote']

Too true. The way it works now wouldn't be so bad except that the Space Center scene takes several seconds to load, as does the main menu, so the whole process advertises its clunkiness. I actually usually play windowed, so the close window X is my most direct exit route, but it makes me cringe to exit the game that way: is my game state saved? does the game release memory and other resources gracefully? is it possible to corrupt save/craft/setting files?

And another suggestion (NB: I love KSP -- perhaps the greatest game ever; criticism is meant to be constructive). Escape menus are usually system related: exit, settings, save management, etc. They "escape" from the game play. The Space Center button is out of place there. It should be an icon on the UI.

Edited by Mr Shifty

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.