SSTO 7 Kerbal Crew Shuttle

Well my first craft post so hope you like it, as the title says its a 7 kerbal SSTO crew shuttle that i made and have been tweaking today.

The shuttle was designed for moving crew between Kerbin's surface and her moons or any other orbital stations. Orbital refueling and the addition of landing struts makes it possible to perform moon landings, crew transfer from the surface via a ladder reaching to the floor from the hab unit.

Action Groups

1. Turbojet Engines

2. Lv-N Atomic Engine

3. Air Intakes

4. Landing Struts

Flight Profile

Pitch to 45° from runway, Pitch to 30° at 14Km, Pitch to 20° @ 20Km, 15° @ 25Km, 10° @ 30 Km and back off on the throttle or use mechjeb's anti flame out upto 40Km, then pitch to 30°, light up the LV-N, shutdown the turbojets and air intakes and burn till your required apoapsis and circularize as normal.

To be honest i'm lazy and use mechjeb most of the time to hold pitch, roll and heading (as you can see its attached to the craft in the pics) and I manage to get to 80Km orbit with 1400-1500 ÃŽâ€v remaining.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

>> .Craft File Here <<

(mechjeb not included in craft file)

-KC-

Great job! I was meaning to send you a PM to see if you'd like to submit this as a prototype candidate for our Shuttlecraft Type VII series in the Shuttlecraft Systems Inc general catalog. But you already posted there that you would! Thanks! See my response in our SSI thread. :)

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.