Your Blender/Maya/3dMax/etc fan art section (Animation,Pics,etc)

Supergamervictor

Oh, victor. i saw you were using books in that last scene

set all the book spines to a single, diffuse material

and use this node setup.

9SRMcmp.png

That should randomize the book cover colors.

Also, set the image texture to a concrete texture, or something similar to give a little bit a surface noise.

EDIT:

Here's a render of some books with the color randomize material thing.

EQT2Idm.png

I have 2 different book types there,

Paperback, and hardcover.

Edited by rewdew2

Oh, victor. i saw you were using books in that last scene

set all the book spines to a single, diffuse material

and use this node setup.

http://i.imgur.com/9SRMcmp.png

That should randomize the book cover colors.

Also, set the image texture to a concrete texture, or something similar to give a little bit a surface noise.

EDIT:

Here's a render of some books with the color randomize material thing.

http://i.imgur.com/EQT2Idm.png

I have 2 different book types there,

Paperback, and hardcover.

Thanks for the tip!

I know this is not related,but here's to revive the thread

and here's the second setup scene

mMI756T.jpg

Well I have gained a lot of experience but I'm in a rut. I don't know what to make. My modeling skills are still not the best so doing really fancy stuff is out of the question.

Guess I could learn animation and work on a Kerbal movie?

Well I have gained a lot of experience but I'm in a rut. I don't know what to make. My modeling skills are still not the best so doing really fancy stuff is out of the question.

Guess I could learn animation and work on a Kerbal movie?

Wait... are you talking a feature length movie?

Like... 1 hour and 45 minutes?

No no, like a short. Maybe 4 or 5 minutes... Of course I have realized a slight problem. Rendering any kind of animation almost kills my PC. Unless one of my friends would be willing to do the render on their machine which I doubt, its not happening.

No no, like a short. Maybe 4 or 5 minutes... Of course I have realized a slight problem. Rendering any kind of animation almost kills my PC. Unless one of my friends would be willing to do the render on their machine which I doubt, its not happening.

My GPU renders really slow now so it would take a long time to render my first scene.I had the same problem last time,having to leave my scene rendering for a week with my old computer.

My GPU renders really slow now so it would take a long time to render my first scene.I had the same problem last time,having to leave my scene rendering for a week with my old computer.

Dude something is seriously wrong with your computer if it takes a week. Even a five minute scene should be finished rendering overnight. Send me one of your blend files, I want to see why they take so long to render.

My school once asked me to create a 3 minute 3D avalanche animation, but after I successfully created it there is one problem: Rendering it using 1 PC with GPU rendering takes 7 days, so they fall back on the flash animation... With 1000 samples and Cycles and GTX 6xx (I forgot the specifics)

But here is one of my renderings, first Dota 2 related and please, don't ask about the second because it gets shot down at -5 score at imgur...

MUHQpnf.png

Anyone like to critic the posing? Or the texturing? Or something else?

My school once asked me to create a 3 minute 3D avalanche animation, but after I successfully created it there is one problem: Rendering it using 1 PC with GPU rendering takes 7 days, so they fall back on the flash animation... With 1000 samples and Cycles and GTX 6xx (I forgot the specifics)

But here is one of my renderings, first Dota 2 related and please, don't ask about the second because it gets shot down at -5 score at imgur...

http://i.imgur.com/MUHQpnf.png

It Looks great,dont bother bout those 12 year old's who don't know anything about animating and moddeling in Imgur ( Had the same problem ).Is it Warlord or something? I'm new to Dota 2 :P

By the way,Nutt007 : AWESOME!

Wait... are you talking a feature length movie?

Like... 1 hour and 45 minutes?

http://i.imgur.com/MUHQpnf.png

IMO the lighting and the posing looks incredibly stiff, it looks like the horse hasn't been touched at all. Im guessing you're using blender. Along with the sky texture for lighting, add in your own lights. I would actually recommend turning everything off but 'camera' in the ray visibility seetings. Textures like that are great for reflections, but letting them be the only thing that cast's light looks strange.

From there perhaps giving him some proper terrain to stand on would be good. I can see this becoming a real good render!

Also ignore imgur. They don't like anything that's not a meme or a cat picture.

Hello KSPers,

I am working on an educational project that needs developers. I can't help but notice some of the incredible artists on this thread.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67002-Visions-of-2070?p=924612#post924612

The post above has all the information you need to be a volunteer dev. If you are interesting in having your art showcased and helping students across the globe please do take a look!

Cheers,

Chris

Hello KSPers,

I am working on an educational project that needs developers. I can't help but notice some of the incredible artists on this thread.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67002-Visions-of-2070?p=924612#post924612

The post above has all the information you need to be a volunteer dev. If you are interesting in having your art showcased and helping students across the globe please do take a look!

Cheers,

Chris

Looks interesting! I'm actually planning on making a hard sci-fi webcomic so I have a a ton of ideas ready to leave my brain and enter the realm of blender/Photoshop. :D

given how far we've gotten since the mid 1900's, I'm not sure if we'd be quite as far as some of the listed vessel types by 2070....which is about 56 years away. We haven't even gone to the moon since.

I think by 2070 we might have a significant presence on the moon maybe with some mining operations, maybe a small colony on mars, and robots sent to places like jupiters moons.....possibly just starting small manned research outposts on another place or two in our solar system, and a few vessels to ferry crew and supplies between these various installations......but not much beyond that, unless we make some magical breakthrough that allows us to surpass the speed of light, because even at the speed of light, the closest star is 4 years away. at half the speed of light, 8 years away.

I'd like to think some day we will have a vessel that can catch up with voyager in a short amount of time, and that becomes a pivotal moment in history. But even say 10th the speed of light, would actually give us pretty speedy access to our entire solar system....but even a 10th the speed of light would be a massive leap.

despite what people say, it's actually still more economically prudent to find and mine materials from earth than mining asteroids to bring stuff back to earth. only the most expensive and rare materials would be suitable (even then you'd need the right amount of demand), unless it's for self sustaining operations on a place like mars. even things like diamonds would be more easily produced on earth through man made means, for things that might encompass computer processor production and other industrial uses. for some materials that are considered rare or not abundant... that's mostly because we either don't know where quantities exist on earth, or have the means to get to them. for example, I believe there's far more oil in the earth than the worlds supply would suggest. of course, oil isn't something you're going to find in space, it's just an example.

but it does seem like an interesting project. although with volunteers, I don't know if you'll be able to fill all of those concepts, as there will probably be overlap with some vessel types people choose to make, while others might be ignored entirely.

Edited by trekkie_

The only real limitation is the rocket equation - if you look at exsiting science then we've got power (Solar PV, Solar Thermal, LFTR http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_fluoride_thorium_reactor) and in much less than 50 years we'll have the biotech for full cycle life support.

How I get around the rocket equation in my setting is a microwave beam network based on the work of Dr. Benford (http://www.icarusinterstellar.org/2013-starship-congress-speaker-announcement-dr-james-benford-sail-ships/). Break the rocket equation even a little and resonable transit times for the inner and mid system really aren't a problem.

Access to orbit is already going to happen fairly cheaply with designs from Musk (Grasshopper) and Rutan (http://www.stratolaunch.com/) and thats all very near term tech.

Economically, it will probably be 20 years or so for really valuable items platinum group metals, some rare earths, and possibly beamed power (which may be later term than not). Now, there are a few things I do in setting to hasten the jump to space ... there is a setting intro in the linked document.

Looks interesting! I'm actually planning on making a hard sci-fi webcomic so I have a a ton of ideas ready to leave my brain and enter the realm of blender/Photoshop. :D

Awesome! Looking forward. If you truly have lots of designs I put up a related challenge (MegaCorp 2070) where I can write ideas into my setting :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.